Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2020, 09:18 PM

10,116 posts, read 5,034,502 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Free4you View Post
Dead as far as God is concerned.
That is why Jesus said; “Let the dead bury the dead.”
I find Jesus was talking to a man who was just ' begging off ', so to speak.- Luke 9:59-62
That man had his own ' conditions attached ' before he would follow Jesus.
If that man's father was really dead that man would have been at his father's funeral at that time and Not speaking with Jesus.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2020, 10:54 PM

3,061 posts, read 926,161 times
Quote:
I do nothing on my own. I only say what the Lord has taught me for the one who sent me is with me He has not deserted me because I always do what pleases Him.
And who was it who chose Jesus from among the Israelites and filled him with his spirit, (My words are spirits said the Lord through his servant Jesus) and sent him to speak 'HIS WORDS' to his people in 'HIS NAME'?

Again I ask the question, do you believe that Jesus is 'The Son of Man, the only begotten Son of God' because of the words that he spoke?

Destroy this temple, (The body which housed the spirit of the Lord that descended upon it in the form of a dove) said the Lord through his servant Jesus, and in three days I will raise it up.

Please reveal to me, where, in the Holy Scriptures it is stated that Jesus raised himself from death.

You cannot, so let me reveal to you who spoke those words through the mouth of his obedient servant Jesus.

Acts 13: 30; But God raised him from the dead: and he was seen many days of them which came up with him from Galilee, etc.

1st Corinthians 6: 14; And God has both raised up the Lord, and will also raise up us by his own power.

2nd Corinthians 1: 9; But we had the sentence of death in ourselves, that we should not trust in ourselves, but in God which raiseth the dead.

2nd Corinthians 4: 14; knowing that he who raised the Lord Jesus will raise us also with Jesus and bring us with you into his presence.

Acts 17: 31; For He (The Lord God our saviour) has fixed a day in which he shall judge the whole world with justice by means of a MAN he has CHOSEN. He has given proof of this to everyone by raising that MAN from death.

Who do you think said; "Destroy this Temple and in three days I will raise it up, Jesus, or God's only begotten son who was given all authority in Heaven and earth, and who revealed himself to us through his earthly host body, 'The Man Jesus'?

Old 02-16-2020, 09:50 AM

3,220 posts, read 934,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
I'm not so sure that pride in one's humility is something that would please the Lord.
I don’t think you realize that Jesus said that too!

Old 02-16-2020, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
I find Jesus was talking to a man who was just ' begging off ', so to speak.- Luke 9:59-62
That man had his own ' conditions attached ' before he would follow Jesus.
If that man's father was really dead that man would have been at his father's funeral at that time and Not speaking with Jesus.
What does that have to do with what Jesus said?

Old 02-16-2020, 12:10 PM

1,146 posts, read 654,078 times
Quote:
Dead as far as God is concerned.

That is why Jesus said; “Let the dead bury the dead.”
Well said. If God states a human is dead, then so they are.

It is significant to observe among the living a tendency to dismiss spiritual matters that disagree with a propensity to SIN.

That's what all the rhetoric and appeals to statements from corrupt academia is about - SIN. The SINNER will scoff at Biblical truth every chance he gets and use any fool's words to justify his wickedness. Nobody, absolutely nobody wants to admit guilt for something they've done. Nobody wants to stand naked before God and have to explain themselves. It's easier for the moment to claim there isn't any justice in the universe than to appeal to it.

According to the Bible, MOST of those who've died cease to exist - totally. Most are NOT saved. (matthew 7:14)

That's the meaning of the Second Death - utter and total deletion and extinction of a sinner. There is no hell - no torture chamber in the bowels of the earth supervised by Jesus Christ for the entertainment of various fallen angelic creatures. Its rather interesting to notice that sinners and church folks alike seem to think life goes on - even in hell. The gift of immortal life is at the core of the gospel message. God does not give it to sinners at all - even to torture them. You will find NO SCRIPTURE in the Bible that says God gives immortal life to sinners, none whatsoever.

When they are destroyed their destruction will be total - 2 Peter 2:12b

wandering stars, to whom is reserved the blackness of darkness for ever. - Jude 1:13

The myth of hell was adopted by the medieval Roman Catholic church as a fear-mongering device to attract and keep gullible membership. It had its origin in ancient Egypt where the unBiblical idea was formulated that human beings had some sort of capacity to consciously survive physical death. Torture was added by the Greeks and Romans who had a monopoly on it at the time and wanted to extend their earthly horrors into the next world. It should be remembered by the reader that the Roman Catholic church is responsible for more torture and death than ANY other institution in history. The Pope has more innocent blood on his hands than Adolph Hitler......but one will always find lost souls who love both men.

There is NO Biblical precedent for the doctrine of eternal torment. God kills. God does not torture as men do.

The Second (spiritual) Death Jesus spoke of in several places is described in the book of Revelation as the Lake of Fire.

The tendency to ascribe human character traits upon God is ancient - typically used to justify false doctrine and SIN. The Bible and God are often ridiculed by college professors who care more about their kudos and tenure than the spiritual welfare of the gullible students who sit in their lecture halls. To that end they twist and change the meaning of common simple words - words like death and fire. In the minds of those who give credence to these false prophets of the modern age, death doesn't mean death. It means something dark and living and hideous - all of which are proven wrong by the local cemetery. Fire is likewise twisted to mean something else. Anything touched by fire ceases to exist. No fuel lasts long. If you find one that does, let me know. I want some for my car.

Death and fire are real enough. Both words indicate a total absolute end to whatever they touch. That's why God's Word uses them to describe the destiny of SINNERS.

that's me, hollering from the choir loft...

Last edited by Choir Loft; 02-16-2020 at 12:24 PM..

Old 02-16-2020, 02:27 PM

28,152 posts, read 30,145,869 times
Quote:
I don’t think you realize that Jesus said that too!
I think I very clearly realize that Jesus said that, too. You're not Jesus. He is perfect; you are not. Like everybody else, you've got a long, long way to go.

Last edited by Katzpur; 02-16-2020 at 02:38 PM..

Old 02-16-2020, 03:01 PM

Quote:
I think I very clearly realize that Jesus said that, too. You're not Jesus. He is perfect; you are not. Like everybody else, you've got a long, long way to go.
In your eyes I’m not perfect because your not but Jesus said who is so I am.

“Be perfect as your Heavenly Father is perfect.”

“I have given them the glory you gave me so that they may be one as we are one, I in them you in me that they may be Made perfect as one.”

The Lord and I are one.

If you don’t come to believe I am, you will surely be dead in your sin.

I am the One who lives.

Follow the servant of God and you will live.

Last edited by Free4you; 02-16-2020 at 03:16 PM..

Old 02-16-2020, 04:39 PM

3,061 posts, read 926,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Choir Loft View Post
Well said. If God states a human is dead, then so they are.

It is significant to observe among the living a tendency to dismiss spiritual matters that disagree with a propensity to SIN.

That's what all the rhetoric and appeals to statements from corrupt academia is about - SIN. The SINNER will scoff at Biblical truth every chance he gets and use any fool's words to justify his wickedness. Nobody, absolutely nobody wants to admit guilt for something they've done. Nobody wants to stand naked before God and have to explain themselves. It's easier for the moment to claim there isn't any justice in the universe than to appeal to it.

According to the Bible, MOST of those who've died cease to exist - totally. Most are NOT saved. (matthew 7:14)

That's the meaning of the Second Death - utter and total deletion and extinction of a sinner. There is no hell - no torture chamber in the bowels of the earth supervised by Jesus Christ for the entertainment of various fallen angelic creatures. Its rather interesting to notice that sinners and church folks alike seem to think life goes on - even in hell. The gift of immortal life is at the core of the gospel message. God does not give it to sinners at all - even to torture them. You will find NO SCRIPTURE in the Bible that says God gives immortal life to sinners, none whatsoever.

When they are destroyed their destruction will be total - 2 Peter 2:12b

wandering stars, to whom is reserved the blackness of darkness for ever. - Jude 1:13

The myth of hell was adopted by the medieval Roman Catholic church as a fear-mongering device to attract and keep gullible membership. It had its origin in ancient Egypt where the unBiblical idea was formulated that human beings had some sort of capacity to consciously survive physical death. Torture was added by the Greeks and Romans who had a monopoly on it at the time and wanted to extend their earthly horrors into the next world. It should be remembered by the reader that the Roman Catholic church is responsible for more torture and death than ANY other institution in history. The Pope has more innocent blood on his hands than Adolph Hitler......but one will always find lost souls who love both men.

There is NO Biblical precedent for the doctrine of eternal torment. God kills. God does not torture as men do.

The Second (spiritual) Death Jesus spoke of in several places is described in the book of Revelation as the Lake of Fire.

The tendency to ascribe human character traits upon God is ancient - typically used to justify false doctrine and SIN. The Bible and God are often ridiculed by college professors who care more about their kudos and tenure than the spiritual welfare of the gullible students who sit in their lecture halls. To that end they twist and change the meaning of common simple words - words like death and fire. In the minds of those who give credence to these false prophets of the modern age, death doesn't mean death. It means something dark and living and hideous - all of which are proven wrong by the local cemetery. Fire is likewise twisted to mean something else. Anything touched by fire ceases to exist. No fuel lasts long. If you find one that does, let me know. I want some for my car.

Death and fire are real enough. Both words indicate a total absolute end to whatever they touch. That's why God's Word uses them to describe the destiny of SINNERS.

that's me, hollering from the choir loft...
And after the great fut6ure day of Judgement, the destiny of the sinner is absolute and total oblivion.

It is then, after the great future Judgement day that the disembodied spirits whose bodies had returned to the elements from which they had been created, which was the first death, when, after the sheep have been divided from the Goats, that the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars, will be consigned to the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death, the death of the spirit[ from which there is no return.

Old 02-16-2020, 05:12 PM

64,112 posts, read 40,415,165 times
Quote:

Old 02-16-2020, 05:25 PM

10,116 posts, read 5,034,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Anointed View Post
And after the great future day of Judgement, the destiny of the sinner is absolute and total oblivion.
It is then, after the great future Judgement day that the disembodied spirits whose bodies had returned to the elements from which they had been created, which was the first death, when, after the sheep have been divided from the Goats, that the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars, will be consigned to the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death, the death of the spirit[ from which there is no return.
At the coming 'time of separation' to take place on Earth as per Matthew 25:31-33 that 'judgement day' is for the living.
The living on Earth are divided into being a figurative ' sheep ' (Verse 37) or a ' brother ' (Verse 40) or a ' goat ' (verse 41).
This time period is Not talking about any future resurrection time (Acts 24:15) but about the time of Revelation 7:14,9
The coming time when mankind on Earth will be alive on Earth at the time of the 'great tribulation' to take place on Earth.
The 'everlasting punishment' of Matthew 25:46 is: destruction. - 2nd Thess. 1:9
Or, as Psalm 92:7 says the wicked will be: destroyed forever.
The choice given to the living is found at 2nd Peter 3:9.
We can choose to ' repent ' if we do Not wish to ' perish ' ( perish means being destroyed ).
Sinner Satan will be 'destroyed ' by Jesus as per Hebrews 2:14 B. No wicked sinner gains everlasting life.
So, ' second death ' stands for destruction - Rev. 21:8 - See also Jeremiah 51:39, 57.
At his death all of Adam died and ' returned' to where Adam started - Genesis 3:19 - the dust of the ground.
No disembodied adamic spirit, but ALL of Adam died.
There was No post-mortem penalty for Adam, No double jeopardy for Adam.
Just that Adam went from non-life, to life, and returning back to non-life.
A person can Not 'return ' to a place he never was before. Adam was No previous spirit before being formed on Earth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity