Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-08-2021, 08:17 AM

33,224 posts, read 26,422,483 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by highway54 View Post
Whether you join Jehovah's witnesses or not is your business sir. You have to choose, not I. If you want to know more about us, I will be glad to assist, but if not that is your choice.
There is absolutely nothing to consider. I have no respect for your organization whatsoever. So drop it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2021, 08:19 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,349,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highway54 View Post
Keep in mind however, the return of Jesus, if you are alive then and have been judged as a goat, then you will be executed with no resurrection ...
I realize that you hold to a slaughterhouse religion, or that of your mentors views of damnation.
But again, are you of the Jewish faith, or somewhere between that and a goat of Christianism?

Old 02-08-2021, 09:28 AM

63,785 posts, read 40,053,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Way View Post
The Bible says that no one is saved until they place their faith in Christ. Period. If you want to push Universalism which is what you're doing, do it on the thread that is designated for it.
I am not pushing anything, just explaining what should be obvious. You see faith in Christ as a condition necessary for salvation thereby coopting the glory for your salvation to YOURSELF. But our Savior is Christ, period. Faith that Christ saved us is WHY we do not have to worry about our salvation.

Old 02-08-2021, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
I am not pushing anything, just explaining what should be obvious. You see faith in Christ as a condition necessary for salvation thereby coopting the glory for your salvation to YOURSELF. But our Savior is Christ, period. Faith that Christ saved us is WHY we do not have to worry about our salvation.
Your opinion is meaningless. You stubbornly refuse to believe what the Bible says about the issue. Jesus himself is recorded as having said that it is though faith in him that eternal life is received, as did the apostle John and the apostle Paul.

Last edited by Michael Way; 02-08-2021 at 07:17 PM..

Old 02-08-2021, 08:45 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,172,280 times
How sad is it to worship a god SO petty, it toasts Others for eternity because it was not worshiped?

Never mind, I'll tell you:

It's very, very sad that spiritual troglodytes still walk this earth and worship a monster.

Old 02-08-2021, 09:11 PM

63,785 posts, read 40,053,123 times
Quote:
Your opinion is meaningless. You stubbornly refuse to believe what the Bible says about the issue. Jesus himself is recorded as having said that it is though faith in him that eternal life is received, as did the apostle John and the apostle Paul.
But that faith is NOT a condition, just a fact. We have nothing to do with it so we are essentially relying on faith that He is who He says He is and did what He says He did. There is no "If, then."

Old 02-08-2021, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
But that faith is NOT a condition, just a fact. We have nothing to do with it so we are essentially relying on faith that He is who He says He is and did what He says He did. There is no "If, then."
Faith in Christ is indeed the condition which determines whether a person receives eternal life.
Acts 16:30 Then he brought them out and said, “Sirs, what must I do to be saved?” 31] And they said, “Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved, you and your household.”
To receive eternal life you have to do something. Not something meritorious, not something for which you can take any credit, but something totally non-meritorious. You have to trust in the finished redemptive work of Christ on the cross. You have to believe that he died for your sins (something that you deny).

I'll say it again - No one is automatically saved (at least no one above the so-called age of accountability) by Jesus' death on the cross. For Jesus' redemptive work to be applied to you, you have to respond to the Gospel by believing that Jesus died for your sins. Period.

Old 02-09-2021, 01:19 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,349,449 times
Quote:
Faith in Christ is indeed the condition which determines whether a person receives eternal life.
Acts 16:30 Then he brought them out and said, “Sirs, what must I do to be saved?” 31] And they said, “Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved, you and your household.”
To receive eternal life you have to do something. Not something meritorious, not something for which you can take any credit, but something totally non-meritorious. You have to trust in the finished redemptive work of Christ on the cross. You have to believe that he died for your sins (something that you deny).

I'll say it again - No one is automatically saved (at least no one above the so-called age of accountability) by Jesus' death on the cross. For Jesus' redemptive work to be applied to you, you have to respond to the Gospel by believing that Jesus died for your sins. Period.
Of course, there are many who will say differently, but no one is automatically, condemned!
Neither would I follow a god who would damn someone for all eternity for not believing ...?

Old 02-09-2021, 02:49 AM

7,530 posts, read 3,021,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Of course, there are many who will say differently, but no one is automatically, condemned!
Neither would I follow a god who would damn someone for all eternity for not believing ...?
Our heavenly Father has one objective in His correction: change and transformation!

Old 02-09-2021, 07:02 AM

3,474 posts, read 1,005,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
I realize that you hold to a slaughterhouse religion, or that of your mentors views of damnation.
But again, are you of the Jewish faith, or somewhere between that and a goat of Christianism?

I am currently running a series called tracing Jehovah's people, you are of course free to take your Bible and trace Jehovah's people, or follow my thread as I will keep updating it periodically.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity