Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2021, 06:17 AM

8,039 posts, read 1,847,256 times

Advertisements

I would point out the following.

Deu 7:9, Know therefore that the LORD thy God, he is God, the faithful God, which keepeth covenant and mercy with them that love him and keep his commandments to a thousand generations;
Deu 7:10, And repayeth them that hate him to their face, to destroy them: he will not be slack to him that hateth him, he will repay him to his face.
Deu 7:11, Thou shalt therefore keep the commandments, and the statutes, and the judgments, which I command thee this day, to do them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2021, 07:07 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,376,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
I would point out the following.

Deu 7:9, Know therefore that the LORD thy God, he is God, the faithful God, which keepeth covenant and mercy with them that love him and keep his commandments to a thousand generations;
Deu 7:10, And repayeth them that hate him to their face, to destroy them: he will not be slack to him that hateth him, he will repay him to his face.
Deu 7:11, Thou shalt therefore keep the commandments, and the statutes, and the judgments, which I command thee this day, to do them.
More fear and brainwashing tactics? Believe this, or else!
It's not God that people hate - it is extreme fundamentalists.

Old 07-26-2021, 07:32 AM

1,196 posts, read 754,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post
Matt. 12:36-37

" But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.

For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned."

What did Jesus mean by this? Words of justification, and Words of condemnation?

A confession of Christ and the price He paid on the Cross, justifies any person!

A confession of anything other than Christ and the Cross will condemn.

As I have said before, we had better check up on our Words! We had better make sure those Words are Words of justification and not condemnation!

There are many here who would lead you to believe there is no judgement, it's going to be ok, don't worry about it.

I'm here to tell you they are wrong! You had better check up and take Christ at His Words, or suffer the consequences!
basically all the worthless things that man says, which is leading others to NOT follow Jesus by OBEYING... his Father ,(Matt. 7:21 Not every one that said unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that do the will of my Father which is in heaven), will answer to Jehovah God by means of Jesus ,(Rev. 6:16 and said to the mountains and rocks, “Fall on us and hide us from the face of Him who sits on the throne and from the wrath of the Lamb!), when the the Great judgment of Jehovah hits, (Rev. 16:14 for they are spirits of demons, performing signs, which go out to the kings of the whole world, to gather them together for the war of the great day of God, the Almighty), Armageddon!

so it NOT just confessing Christ, Jesus said one must do HIS FATHER'S WILL. plus he said that in order to gain life or be saved. one must NOT ONLY get to KNOW Jesus, but ALSO HIS FATHER, (John 17:3 And this is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent). MANY who claim to follow Jesus, better recognized the Fact that Jesus called his Father..."THE ONLY TRUE GOD!" so to those who say Jesus, yet speak foolish, "idle words" against his true sayings. will also be in judgement! peace

Old 07-26-2021, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
That is like saying, "I don't hate you...I just hate your bride!"

You will not get into the good graces of somebody that way!

Old 07-26-2021, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo-50 View Post
basically all the worthless things that man says, which is leading others to NOT follow Jesus by OBEYING... his Father ,(Matt. 7:21 Not every one that said unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that do the will of my Father which is in heaven), will answer to Jehovah God by means of Jesus ,(Rev. 6:16 and said to the mountains and rocks, “Fall on us and hide us from the face of Him who sits on the throne and from the wrath of the Lamb!), when the the Great judgment of Jehovah hits, (Rev. 16:14 for they are spirits of demons, performing signs, which go out to the kings of the whole world, to gather them together for the war of the great day of God, the Almighty), Armageddon!

so it NOT just confessing Christ, Jesus said one must do HIS FATHER'S WILL. plus he said that in order to gain life or be saved. one must NOT ONLY get to KNOW Jesus, but ALSO HIS FATHER, (John 17:3 And this is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent). MANY who claim to follow Jesus, better recognized the Fact that Jesus called his Father..."THE ONLY TRUE GOD!" so to those who say Jesus, yet speak foolish, "idle words" against his true sayings. will also be in judgement! peace
Just a note to you, Jo-jo.

In John 17:3, the Greek word for "and" is "kai" which can be translated "even"

So, John 17:3 might be translated this way,

Jhn 17:3, And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, <even> Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

Know therefore, that John 17:3 does not exclude Jesus Christ from being the only true God.

Old 07-26-2021, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Quote:
That is like saying, "I don't hate you...I just hate your bride!"

You will not get into the good graces of somebody that way!
Extreme fundamentalists are nothing like Christ Jesus or his bride!

Old 07-26-2021, 08:25 AM

Christian fundamentalists are the only bride of Christ.

Jesus says to us (who believe all of the Bible is the word of God),

Jhn 15:18, If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you.
Jhn 15:19, If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you.
Jhn 15:20, Remember the word that I said unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you; if they have kept my saying, they will keep yours also.
Jhn 15:21, But all these things will they do unto you for my name's sake, because they know not him that sent me.
Jhn 15:22, If I had not come and spoken unto them, they had not had sin: but now they have no cloke for their sin.
Jhn 15:23, He that hateth me hateth my Father also.
Jhn 15:24, If I had not done among them the works which none other man did, they had not had sin: but now have they both seen and hated both me and my Father.
Jhn 15:25, But this cometh to pass, that the word might be fulfilled that is written in their law, They hated me without a cause.

It was written by the apostle John,

1Jo 4:20, If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen?
1Jo 4:21, And this commandment have we from him, That he who loveth God love his brother also.

Old 07-26-2021, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Christian fundamentalists are the only bride of Christ.

Jesus says to us (who believe all of the Bible is the word of God),

Jhn 15:18, If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you.
Jhn 15:19, If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you.
Jhn 15:20, Remember the word that I said unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you; if they have kept my saying, they will keep yours also.
Jhn 15:21, But all these things will they do unto you for my name's sake, because they know not him that sent me.
Jhn 15:22, If I had not come and spoken unto them, they had not had sin: but now they have no cloke for their sin.
Jhn 15:23, He that hateth me hateth my Father also.
Jhn 15:24, If I had not done among them the works which none other man did, they had not had sin: but now have they both seen and hated both me and my Father.
Jhn 15:25, But this cometh to pass, that the word might be fulfilled that is written in their law, They hated me without a cause.

It was written by the apostle John,

1Jo 4:20, If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen?
1Jo 4:21, And this commandment have we from him, That he who loveth God love his brother also.
An "extreme" fundamentalist is neither a brother nor a friend.
Rather, they are in opposition to the truth; and a terrorist of fear.

Old 07-26-2021, 09:33 AM

Quote:
An "extreme" fundamentalist is neither a brother nor a friend.
Rather, they are in opposition to the truth; and a terrorist of fear.
A lie from the pit.

Christian fundamentalists adhere to the truth; specifically the truth of the Holy Bible.

And, if you are born again, they are indeed your brothers and sisters.

Old 07-26-2021, 09:58 AM

Quote:
A lie from the pit.

Christian fundamentalists adhere to the truth; specifically the truth of the Holy Bible.

And, if you are born again, they are indeed your brothers and sisters.
You have, like most extreme fundamentalists, a reading comprehension issue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity