Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2021, 07:41 AM

11,123 posts, read 6,393,044 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post
Call it whatever you want, I don't go on wild chases through the wilderness, find another fool for that!

You have an opportunity to settle it all right now. Just show us in scripture this corrective judgement/punishment from scripture and you will have proven your point!
Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
The judgments of God upon the earth are spoken of throughout the Old Testament prophets (including Moses) and the book of Revelation. Some of them are even spoken of in the gospels by our Lord Himself (see Matthew 24, Mark 13, Luke 21).

The reality is so extensive that I could not honestly single out even four of them as examples.
the scripture say when Gods judgments (plural) are in the earth something happens, what is it that happens?

stop running from the scripture.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2021, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Then you don't fully believe in the judgments of God. There are other judgments mentioned.

If judgment is only earthly - why did Jesus say this judgment is in the future - even though the countries mentioned were long gone?

Matthew 10:15 - Truly I say to you, it will be more tolerable for the land of Sodom and Gomorrah in the day of judgment than for that city.

Matthew 24:11 - The men of Nineveh will stand up with this generation at the judgment, and will condemn it because they repented at the preaching of Jonah; and behold, something greater than Jonah is here.

These are future judgments.
sure i do so maybe you will answer the question when Gods judgments are in the earth what happens?

Old 07-29-2021, 07:47 AM

4,483 posts, read 1,324,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
sure i do so maybe you will answer the question when Gods judgments are in the earth what happens?
Oh, let me guess! The whole world comes to Christ and lives happily ever after in the UR wonderland?

Judgement was a myth, everyone was wrong, the URites have a special place with Christ for eternity?

Old 07-29-2021, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Oh, let me guess! The whole world comes to Christ and lives happily ever after in the UR wonderland?

Judgement was a myth, everyone was wrong, the URites have a special place with Christ for eternity?
I quoted half of the scripture for you charlie so it should be easy to find, but alas you refuse to look for it, yet within that scripture is your answer.

Old 07-29-2021, 07:59 AM

Quote:
I quoted half of the scripture for you charlie so it should be easy to find, but alas you refuse to look for it, yet within that scripture is your answer.
What a perverted view of the Word of God!

Old 07-29-2021, 08:06 AM

45,590 posts, read 27,215,643 times
Quote:
Again - judgments are statements of guilt or innocence. The question is how does God respond

Read Deuteronomy 28 after verse 14 with regards to judging Israel.

Read Genesis 19 concerning Sodom and Gomorrah.

These are not responses that look for corrective action.

I understand you are trying to pigeonhole God and his judgment into your narrow viewpoint, but it's just not accurate in taking the entirety of God into account.

Old 07-29-2021, 08:12 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,376,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Again - judgments are statements of guilt or innocence. The question is how does God respond

Read Deuteronomy 28 after verse 14 with regards to judging Israel.

Read Genesis 19 concerning Sodom and Gomorrah.

These are not responses that look for corrective action.

I understand you are trying to pigeonhole God and his judgment into your narrow viewpoint, but it's just not accurate in taking the entirety of God into account.
Perhaps, you should take the entirety of the Scripture into account?

Old 07-29-2021, 08:13 AM

Quote:
What a perverted view of the Word of God!
Indeed, eternal damnation and HELL has perverted the gospel of Christ Jesus to your own detriment.

Old 07-29-2021, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Indeed, eternal damnation and HELL has perverted the gospel of Christ Jesus to your own detriment.
"I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom;

Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all long suffering and doctrine.

For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;

And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables."

2 Tim. 4:1-4

Old 07-29-2021, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Quote:
"I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom;

Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all long suffering and doctrine.

For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;

And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables."

2 Tim. 4:1-4
Yes, you have turned away from the truth, while creating a god in your own image and likeness.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity