Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2021, 09:58 AM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
As long as you concern yourself with what is BIBLICAL instead of what is CHRISTIAN you will not know God or Jesus! I hesitate to think WHAT or WHO you are worshiping but it is NOT Jesus and His Father.
Quote:
Not me, Charlie, Jesus Christ. You know, the one you ignore in favor of the Bible's untested verses! You would see the Truth if you tested every verse against God's Holy Spirit of agape love, but you refuse. You accept it all blindly and then expect to lead the blind. Sad, very sad!
Quote:
What you call the instruction Book IS the book of the Fables and genealogies of Man, Charlie. Jesus Christ brought the TRUTH about God's Holy Spirit of agape love to us in His consciousness and demonstrated it unambiguously. That is how we are to know God, Charlie - from the "mind of Christ," NOT from the Book of Fables and genealogies. That is why His death and rebirth as the Holy Spirit (Comforter) was so important. WE have Him as the guide to the Truth God has "written in our hearts." Too bad He is ignored in favor of what is "written in ink."

You claim to be led by the Holy Spirit, Charlie, but you are oblivious to what that means. To be guided by God's Holy Spirit of agape love you must be in the states of mind associated with the Holy Spirit. You can NOT be led by the Holy Spirit if you are in states of mind that are OPPOSITE of God's Holy Spirit of agape love, which you seem to be in more often than not, Charlie.
Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
Jesus is the One who spoke of the doctrines of hell (Matthew 13:41-42, Matthew 13:49-50, Matthew 25:46, Mark 9:42-48, Romans 11:9-10).
It is most certainly sound doctrine.
The opposite is "what itching ears want to hear" (2 Timothy 4:3)
An eternal torment Hell is NOT compatible with God's Holy Spirit of agape love so it can NOT be true, period! Reaping what we sow IS compatible, and just, and temporary.
Quote:
We know about Jesus from the Bible.
Jesus said that the holy scriptures are "they which testify of me." (John 5:39-40).
It is written of Jesus in the entire volume of the Book (Hebrews 10:7).
The Book you are using did NOT exist when that was written. You are ASSuming it means the book you are using. That is more than a dangerous ASSumption. Nothing in that Book is true if it is NOT compatible with God's Holy Spirit of agape love as unambiguously demonstrated by Jesus, period!
Quote:
The authors of the Bible, as I have said before, have all been tested and found to be true apostles (Revelation 2:2).
BY MEN, not by God or Jesus using God's Holy Spirit of agape love as unambiguously demonstrated by Jesus.
Quote:
Is the story of Jesus dying on the Cross, a fable, in your opinion?
If not, why not?
Because you seem to think that other stories in the Bible are fables.
What distinguishes that story from the others?
That's easy. My encounter that erased my atheism EXACTLY MATCHES the "mind of Christ" described in that story. Not a tough call at all!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2021, 10:26 AM

8,039 posts, read 1,846,500 times
Quote:
An eternal torment Hell is NOT compatible with God's Holy Spirit of agape love so it can NOT be true, period! Reaping what we sow IS compatible, and just, and temporary.
It is compatible with God's agape love that he not destroy the sinner completely.

This is the prayer of the Psalmist.

Psa 140:10, Let burning coals fall upon them: let them be cast into the fire; into deep pits, that they rise not up again.

The "burning coals" and the "fire of the deep pits" is meted out in order to keep those who are being punished from gathering together and forming a coalition in which they might be able to eventually create dimensional technology and weapons by which they would seek to attempt to storm heaven.

Quote:
The Book you are using did NOT exist when that was written. You are ASSuming it means the book you are using. That is more than a dangerous ASSumption. Nothing in that Book is true if it is NOT compatible with God's Holy Spirit of agape love as unambiguously demonstrated by Jesus, period!
Known unto God are all of His works from before the foundations of the world (Acts 15:18).

Quote:
BY MEN, not by God or Jesus using God's Holy Spirit of agape love as unambiguously demonstrated by Jesus. That's easy. My encounter that erased my atheism EXACTLY MATCHES the "mind of Christ" described in that story. Not a tough call at all!
YOU are a man and not God or Jesus.

I have also rebuked you elsewhere for not seeing that justice is an attribute of God's agape love.

Old 07-27-2021, 12:00 PM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
An eternal torment Hell is NOT compatible with God's Holy Spirit of agape love so it can NOT be true, period! Reaping what we sow IS compatible, and just, and temporary. The Book you are using did NOT exist when that was written. You are ASSuming it means the book you are using. That is more than a dangerous ASSumption. Nothing in that Book is true if it is NOT compatible with God's Holy Spirit of agape love as unambiguously demonstrated by Jesus, period!
BY MEN, not by God or Jesus using God's Holy Spirit of agape love as unambiguously demonstrated by Jesus. That's easy. My encounter that erased my atheism EXACTLY MATCHES the "mind of Christ" described in that story. Not a tough call at all!
Quote:
It is compatible with God's agape love that he not destroy the sinner completely.

Psa 140:10, Let burning coals fall upon them: let them be cast into the fire; into deep pits, that they rise not up again.

The "burning coals" and the "fire of the deep pits" is meted out in order to keep those who are being punished from gathering together and forming a coalition in which they might be able to eventually create dimensional technology and weapons by which they would seek to attempt to storm heaven.
What sad and hideous beliefs you have, JBF. No wonder you have such animus and accept a wrathful, vengeful God. The Psalmist described permanently refining out the dross from the sinner, JBF because the sinner himself has been "saved as by fire" by Jesus.
Quote:
Known unto God are all of His works from before the foundations of the world (Acts 15:18).
But that is not true for man.
Quote:
YOU are a man and not God or Jesus.
But I use Jesus as MY standard of truth. YOU use the Bible. I like my chances.
Quote:
I have also rebuked you elsewhere for not seeing that justice is an attribute of God's agape love.
You think your human concept of justice is what God would consider justice, but you are very wrong. God's justice is perfect and balances ALL wrongs in agape love, especially NOT by eternal punishment.

Old 07-27-2021, 06:39 PM

5,527 posts, read 3,258,218 times
It would seem to me an internet forum is chock full of idle words.

Old 07-27-2021, 06:50 PM

11,898 posts, read 3,707,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avondalist View Post
It would seem to me an internet forum is chock full of idle words.
Oh, it certainly is!

Old 07-27-2021, 11:45 PM

45,585 posts, read 27,215,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Then you don't fully believe in the judgments of God. There are other judgments mentioned.

If judgment is only earthly - why did Jesus say this judgment is in the future - even though the countries mentioned were long gone?

Matthew 10:15 - Truly I say to you, it will be more tolerable for the land of Sodom and Gomorrah in the day of judgment than for that city.

Matthew 24:11 - The men of Nineveh will stand up with this generation at the judgment, and will condemn it because they repented at the preaching of Jonah; and behold, something greater than Jonah is here.

These are future judgments.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Do you believe his judgments are corrective in nature, or merely for the sake of punishment?
A judgment is a decision or a rendering of guilt or innocence.

Whatever God does after that is up to Him. It could be corrective in this life, or punitive in this life or the life to come.

Old 07-28-2021, 03:44 AM

Mat 12:31, Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men.

Tell me, MysticPhD,

Where in eternity does the person go who shall not be forgiven?

Old 07-28-2021, 07:08 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,376,582 times
Quote:
Where in eternity does the person go who shall not be forgiven?
So you believe the next age is all of eternity?

Old 07-29-2021, 01:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
So you believe the next age is all of eternity?
If they shall not be forgiven, they shall not (ever) be forgiven.

What is the eternal state of those who shall not ever be forgiven?

I don't see the punishment ending for those who shall not be forgiven; do you?

Old 07-29-2021, 07:04 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,051,694 times
Quote:

That has nothing to do with an eternal hell...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity