Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2021, 03:58 PM

11,898 posts, read 3,709,906 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Way too many to confront, and I have no further interest in your nonsense of bogging down the forum with a bunch of nonsensical posts, just to hear you flap you gums. You will have to carry on without me.
Yep, if only
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2021, 05:08 PM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
The teaching on hell is faithful and true and biblical (Matthew 13:41-42, 49-50, 25:46, Mark 9:42-48, Romans 11:9-10).
As long as you concern yourself with what is BIBLICAL instead of what is CHRISTIAN you will not know God or Jesus! I hesitate to think WHAT or WHO you are worshiping but it is NOT Jesus and His Father.

Old 07-26-2021, 05:16 PM

4,483 posts, read 1,323,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
As long as you concern yourself with what is BIBLICAL instead of what is CHRISTIAN you will not know God or Jesus! I hesitate to think WHAT or WHO you are worshiping but it is NOT Jesus and His Father.
Well I just learned something! I thought we learned how to be a Christian from scripture.

Technology sure has advanced, we don't need the scripture anymore, we can now learn that from the minds of men, namely MysticPhD.

Old 07-26-2021, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post
Well I just learned something! I thought we learned how to be a Christian from scripture.
Technology sure has advanced, we don't need the scripture anymore, we can now learn that from the minds of men, namely MysticPhD.
Not me, Charlie, Jesus Christ. You know, the one you ignore in favor of the Bible's untested verses! You would see the Truth if you tested every verse against God's Holy Spirit of agape love, but you refuse. You accept it all blindly and then expect to lead the blind. Sad, very sad!

Old 07-26-2021, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Not me, Charlie, Jesus Christ. You know, the one you ignore in favor of the Bible's untested verses! You would see the Truth if you tested every verse against God's Holy Spirit of agape love, but you refuse. You accept it all blindly and then expect to lead the blind. Sad, very sad!
You should know by now that I don't follow false doctrines and their inventors.

The Lord doesn't like that!

Old 07-26-2021, 05:45 PM

Quote:
You should know by now that I don't follow false doctrines and their inventors.
The Lord doesn't like that!
But you ARE following false doctrine, Charlie. You are NOT following God's Holy Spirit of agape love as revealed and unambiguously demonstrated by Jesus. The Holy Spirit is to be our Guide, NOT the words "written in ink" by ignorant primitive men who believed in a wrathful, vengeful God who needed to be appeased by blood sacrifice.

The God of Jesus IS agape love, period. You and so many others completely missed that rather important detail about God. That is how the Good News Gospel of agape love and reconciliation was turned into the Bad News Gospel of hell and damnation. Sad, very sad.

Old 07-26-2021, 06:08 PM

Quote:
But you ARE following false doctrine, Charlie. You are NOT following God's Holy Spirit of agape love as revealed and unambiguously demonstrated by Jesus. The Holy Spirit is to be our Guide, NOT the words "written in ink" by ignorant primitive men who believed in a wrathful, vengeful God who needed to be appeased by blood sacrifice.

The God of Jesus IS agape love, period. You and so many others completely missed that rather important detail about God. That is how the Good News Gospel of agape love and reconciliation was turned into the Bad News Gospel of hell and damnation. Sad, very sad.
Yes, it's very sad when a person chooses to believe something that causes him to turn from the instruction Book into the fables of man!

Old 07-26-2021, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Yes, it's very sad when a person chooses to believe something that causes him to turn from the instruction Book into the fables of man!
What you call the instruction Book IS the book of the Fables and genealogies of Man, Charlie. Jesus Christ brought the TRUTH about God's Holy Spirit of agape love to us in His consciousness and demonstrated it unambiguously. That is how we are to know God, Charlie - from the "mind of Christ," NOT from the Book of Fables and genealogies. That is why His death and rebirth as the Holy Spirit (Comforter) was so important. WE have Him as the guide to the Truth God has "written in our hearts." Too bad He is ignored in favor of what is "written in ink."

You claim to be led by the Holy Spirit, Charlie, but you are oblivious to what that means. To be guided by God's Holy Spirit of agape love you must be in the states of mind associated with the Holy Spirit. You can NOT be led by the Holy Spirit if you are in states of mind that are OPPOSITE of God's Holy Spirit of agape love, which you seem to be in more often than not, Charlie.

Old 07-26-2021, 09:41 PM

3,220 posts, read 926,819 times
Quote:
What you call the instruction Book IS the book of the Fables and genealogies of Man, Charlie. Jesus Christ brought the TRUTH about God's Holy Spirit of agape love to us in His consciousness and demonstrated it unambiguously. That is how we are to know God, Charlie - from the "mind of Christ," NOT from the Book of Fables and genealogies. That is why His death and rebirth as the Holy Spirit (Comforter) was so important. WE have Him as the guide to the Truth God has "written in our hearts." Too bad He is ignored in favor of what is "written in ink."

You claim to be led by the Holy Spirit, Charlie, but you are oblivious to what that means. To be guided by God's Holy Spirit of agape love you must be in the states of mind associated with the Holy Spirit. You can NOT be led by the Holy Spirit if you are in states of mind that are OPPOSITE of God's Holy Spirit of agape love, which you seem to be in more often than not, Charlie.
Mysticism. What a bunch of man made nonsense.

“The man who keeps the commandments he has from me is the man who loves me and the man who loves me will be loved by my Father, I too shall love him and reveal myself to him.” (Jesus and the son of man)

“My son receive my words and the years of your life will be many. Don’t forget my teaching, keep my commands in mind for many days and years of life and peace they will bring you.”(Proverbs)

Old 07-27-2021, 04:18 AM

8,039 posts, read 1,846,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
The teachings of HELL are originally Pagan, which have been adopted by Christianism.
And, the only thing you are doing is preaching a false doctrine, nothing sound about it.
Jesus is the One who spoke of the doctrines of hell (Matthew 13:41-42, Matthew 13:49-50, Matthew 25:46, Mark 9:42-48, Romans 11:9-10).

It is most certainly sound doctrine.

The opposite is "what itching ears want to hear" (2 Timothy 4:3)

Quote:
We know about Jesus from the Bible.

Jesus said that the holy scriptures are "they which testify of me." (John 5:39-40).

It is written of Jesus in the entire volume of the Book (Hebrews 10:7).

Quote:
The authors of the Bible, as I have said before, have all been tested and found to be true apostles (Revelation 2:2).

Quote:

Is the story of Jesus dying on the Cross, a fable, in your opinion?

If not, why not?

Because you seem to think that other stories in the Bible are fables.

What distinguishes that story from the others?

Last edited by justbyfaith; 07-27-2021 at 04:48 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity