Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2021, 10:03 AM

8,039 posts, read 1,847,256 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
You have, like most extreme fundamentalists, a reading comprehension issue.
What, pray tell, have I failed to comprehend in my reading?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2021, 10:31 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,376,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
What, pray tell, have I failed to comprehend in my reading?
Way too many to confront, and I have no further interest in your nonsense of bogging down the forum with a bunch of nonsensical posts, just to hear you flap you gums. You will have to carry on without me.

Old 07-26-2021, 10:58 AM

11,102 posts, read 7,174,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post
...I have no doubt you deny them all!
That's judging. You don't know the person you leveled this at (pneuma), post #4. You don't even know his/her name.

Old 07-26-2021, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Way too many to confront, and I have no further interest in your nonsense of bogging down the forum with a bunch of nonsensical posts, just to hear you flap you gums. You will have to carry on without me.
That will be very easily done...although I was in fact using you as a sounding board to preach the gospel to those who are able to hear.

And, I know that if you felt that I was off-base when I made any post, that you had the opportunity then to confront what you considered to be off-base.

But since you didn't, I conclude that you either didn't consider me to be off-base then or else you didn't have a good enough answer for what I was saying that would have logically held up to scrutiny.

Old 07-26-2021, 11:16 AM

Quote:
That will be very easily done...although I was in fact using you as a sounding board to preach the gospel to those who are able to hear.

And, I know that if you felt that I was off-base when I made any post, that you had the opportunity then to confront what you considered to be off-base.

But since you didn't, I conclude that you either didn't consider me to be off-base then or else you didn't have a good enough answer for what I was saying that would have logically held up to scrutiny.
You are really full of yourself, but back to your rote repetition and false teaching of HELL.

Old 07-26-2021, 11:18 AM

Quote:
You are really full of yourself, but back to your rote repetition and false teaching of HELL.
The teaching on hell is faithful and true and biblical (Matthew 13:41-42, 49-50, 25:46, Mark 9:42-48, Romans 11:9-10).

Old 07-26-2021, 11:21 AM

Quote:
The teaching on hell is faithful and true and biblical.
It's not even close, but you are not going to seek the truth, so you might as well continue to lie to yourself.

Old 07-26-2021, 11:31 AM

It is those who deny the existence of hell who are lying to themselves; and for very good reason: they want to believe that there is no hell because that means that they will not be held accountable for certain sinful behaviours on their part.

As for me, I have no reason to lie to myself about the fact that hell does exist. I would much rather that it didn't: if I were going to lie to myself, I would tell myself that it didn't; because I also don't want to believe that certain of my loved ones will have an eternal existence in that place.

As it is, the Bible tells us that in the latter days people will not endure sound doctrine but will heap to themselves teachers to tell them what their itching ears want to hear (2 Timothy 4:3).

My ears do not "itch" to hear that hell exists; but I think that everyone's ears "itch" to hear that it doesn't.

Old 07-26-2021, 11:32 AM

4,483 posts, read 1,324,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoreau424 View Post
That's judging. You don't know the person you leveled this at (pneuma), post #4. You don't even know his/her name.
Is that what that was, I didn't know that!

Old 07-26-2021, 12:49 PM

Quote:
It is those who deny the existence of hell who are lying to themselves; and for very good reason: they want to believe that there is no hell because that means that they will not be held accountable for certain sinful behaviours on their part.

As for me, I have no reason to lie to myself about the fact that hell does exist. I would much rather that it didn't: if I were going to lie to myself, I would tell myself that it didn't; because I also don't want to believe that certain of my loved ones will have an eternal existence in that place.

As it is, the Bible tells us that in the latter days people will not endure sound doctrine but will heap to themselves teachers to tell them what their itching ears want to hear (2 Timothy 4:3).

My ears do not "itch" to hear that hell exists; but I think that everyone's ears "itch" to hear that it doesn't.
The teachings of HELL are originally Pagan, which have been adopted by Christianism.
And, the only thing you are doing is preaching a false doctrine, nothing sound about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity