Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2021, 03:24 PM

9,691 posts, read 10,027,043 times

Advertisements

The spirit of antichrist has always rejected Jesus and reasoned out faith in God's Word ...... Even believers who have gifts of the Holy Spirit and are leaders of the children of God could be stuck in division against the call of Christ of the great commission of soul for heaven and can be hard-nosed is their indifference with people they don't agree with even if it may be political differences and not doctrines .... See division no matter who it is comes from the spiritual authority of the spirit of antichrist, as it goes against the commands of Christ ........ Then all in all the end time will come when the Lord is ready no matter how hard the times are for people in the earth, and God will quicken His sheep in those days
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2021, 07:41 PM

45,591 posts, read 27,215,643 times
From the OP...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irkle Berserkle View Post
Several times I’ve used the word “uncanny” to describe how the New Testament description of the End Times matches what we see happening today.

Jesus and the NT authors might have been expected to describe a steady forward march of Christianity until all the world was a Gospel-believing, Spirit-filled utopia. In fact, they described exactly the opposite.

I hate when people string Bible verses, so I won’t beat this to death. The following snippets from the NT serve to make my point about the state of Christianity in the End Times:
  • False Christs and false prophets will arise and will provide great signs and wonders, so as to mislead, if possible, even the elect.
  • At that time many will turn away from the faith and will betray and hate each other, and many false prophets will appear and deceive many people.
  • For the time is coming when people will not endure sound teaching, but having itching ears they will accumulate for themselves teachers to suit their own passions, and will turn away from listening to the truth and wander off into myths.
  • False prophets also arose among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you, who will secretly bring in destructive heresies, even denying the Master who bought them, bringing upon themselves swift destruction. And many will follow their sensuality, and because of them the way of truth will be blasphemed.
  • In the last days there will come times of difficulty. For people will be … lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, having the appearance of godliness, but denying its power.
  • Now the Spirit expressly says that in later times some will depart from the faith by devoting themselves to deceitful spirits and teachings of demons.
  • I know that after my departure fierce wolves will come in among you, not sparing the flock; and from among your own selves will arise men speaking twisted things, to draw away the disciples after them.
You get the point: In the End Times, the Gospel will be perverted beyond recognition. People will have a form of godliness but none of its power. They will accumulate teachers who tell them what they want to hear, who cater to their lusts.

How can anyone be so lacking in discernment that he or she fails to see this is what is happening all around us? How can anyone with the slightest modicum of discernment fail to connect the dots?

The Gospel has been twisted into a feel-good message of “tolerance” for everyone and everything that completely guts it of any notion of God’s justice, human sin and God’s judgment. As we see on these forums every day, it’s a message so toothless it isn’t even challenging to atheists!

Those who present the actual Gospel message, on the other hand, are attacked by the promoters of these alternative Christianities and atheists alike! They are dinosaurs, out of touch with modern “enlightened” thinking.

Every one of these alternative Christianities distorts the Gospel message in ways that rob it of its truth, of its saving power. They uniformly make a mockery of the actual Gospel. 50% of the Gospel is no Gospel at all.

I have only one explanation: I believe supernatural evil has been unleashed to an unprecedented degree and a veil of delusion has descended over mankind. We see it not only in the perversion of the Gospel but in the almost wholesale collapse of Judeo-Christian morality in an astonishingly short time. Consistent with my increasing turn toward Calvinism, I suspect God may simply have abandoned the unsaved to their own lusts and their twisted notions of the Gospel. I believe we are solidly in the End Times.
It's not uncanny for God. It is uncanny to see some of it to the point where it is matching the Scriptures.

You ask...

How can anyone be so lacking in discernment that he or she fails to see this is what is happening all around us? How can anyone with the slightest modicum of discernment fail to connect the dots?

Without the Holy Spirit, they won't see it. Just like God blinded the eyes of those in Israel in Christ's day, He can do that to whomever rejects His Son.

One thing to keep in mind about all of this end times talk... Israel is the center of God's earthly universe, not the U.S. So for me - I keep half an eye on what's going on over there. The technology being created is definitely lining things up for what is to come.

I do like your point about if this is a human religion, the earthly Christianity would win in the end and there would be an earthly Christian utopia - but that is not it.

Old 10-31-2021, 07:52 PM

2,144 posts, read 1,212,102 times
Why? Why does there have to be end times?

Old 10-31-2021, 08:10 PM

11,898 posts, read 3,709,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManApplet View Post
Because of the processes that the Scriptures speak of throughout, and there are stages to those processes - the beginning, the middle bit, and then the end, and this is fundamental to Christianity

Rev 22:12**And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.
Rev 22:13**I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.
Rev 22:14**Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

Between those points (beginning and end) are the processes that happen to bringing about what was started at the beginning and is to concluded at the end

Mat 6:9**After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.
Mat 6:10**Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.
Mat 6:11**Give us this day our daily bread.
Mat 6:12**And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.
Mat 6:13**And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.

1Co 15:21**For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead.
1Co 15:22**For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.
1Co 15:23**But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.
1Co 15:24**Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.
1Co 15:25**For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet.
1Co 15:26**The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.
1Co 15:27**For he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith all things are put under him, it is manifest that he is excepted, which did put all things under him.
1Co 15:28**And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.

Old 10-31-2021, 08:27 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,401,123 times
Quote:
...How can anyone be so lacking in discernment that he or she fails to see this is what is happening all around us? How can anyone with the slightest modicum of discernment fail to connect the dots?...
From the 1st post.
Well, the orig post seems to be a statement ---and then I found THIS above!
Well, you make it too simple if that's what you wanna know!
Answer: Most people are pretty stupid, Irkle....

Old 10-31-2021, 08:35 PM

45,591 posts, read 27,215,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManApplet View Post
As opposed to what? What we have now?

It is through the end times that God will establish His kingdom/

Old 10-31-2021, 08:59 PM

11,898 posts, read 3,709,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
As opposed to what? What we have now?

It is through the end times that God will establish His kingdom/
Yep

Old 11-01-2021, 01:56 AM

23,175 posts, read 10,468,780 times
Quote:
Several times I’ve used the word “uncanny” to describe how the New Testament description of the End Times matches what we see happening today.

Jesus and the NT authors might have been expected to describe a steady forward march of Christianity until all the world was a Gospel-believing, Spirit-filled utopia. In fact, they described exactly the opposite.

I hate when people string Bible verses, so I won’t beat this to death. The following snippets from the NT serve to make my point about the state of Christianity in the End Times:
  • False Christs and false prophets will arise and will provide great signs and wonders, so as to mislead, if possible, even the elect.
  • At that time many will turn away from the faith and will betray and hate each other, and many false prophets will appear and deceive many people.
  • For the time is coming when people will not endure sound teaching, but having itching ears they will accumulate for themselves teachers to suit their own passions, and will turn away from listening to the truth and wander off into myths.
  • False prophets also arose among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you, who will secretly bring in destructive heresies, even denying the Master who bought them, bringing upon themselves swift destruction. And many will follow their sensuality, and because of them the way of truth will be blasphemed.
  • In the last days there will come times of difficulty. For people will be … lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, having the appearance of godliness, but denying its power.
  • Now the Spirit expressly says that in later times some will depart from the faith by devoting themselves to deceitful spirits and teachings of demons.
  • I know that after my departure fierce wolves will come in among you, not sparing the flock; and from among your own selves will arise men speaking twisted things, to draw away the disciples after them.
You get the point: In the End Times, the Gospel will be perverted beyond recognition. People will have a form of godliness but none of its power. They will accumulate teachers who tell them what they want to hear, who cater to their lusts.

The Gospel has been twisted into a feel-good message of “tolerance” for everyone and everything that completely guts it of any notion of God’s justice, human sin and God’s judgment. As we see on these forums every day, it’s a message so toothless it isn’t even challenging to atheists!

Those who present the actual Gospel message, on the other hand, are attacked by the promoters of these alternative Christianities and atheists alike! They are dinosaurs, out of touch with modern “enlightened” thinking.

Every one of these alternative Christianities distorts the Gospel message in ways that rob it of its truth, of its saving power. They uniformly make a mockery of the actual Gospel. 50% of the Gospel is no Gospel at all.

I have only one explanation: I believe supernatural evil has been unleashed to an unprecedented degree and a veil of delusion has descended over mankind. We see it not only in the perversion of the Gospel but in the almost wholesale collapse of Judeo-Christian morality in an astonishingly short time. Consistent with my increasing turn toward Calvinism, I suspect God may simply have abandoned the unsaved to their own lusts and their twisted notions of the Gospel. I believe we are solidly in the End Times.
That lawless apostasy took place 2000 years ago, how do you think you became lawless lol.

The lawless one who stands against everything called of God or worshipped of God.

Are
you kidding me right now?

Lawless Christians talking about the lawless one when he stands to speak against Moses and God's ways?

Hello?

Just can make this stuff up, next ya know, you will be wondering who the Babylonians of Revelation while you keep Babylonians ways.

Old 11-01-2021, 02:06 AM

23,175 posts, read 10,468,780 times
The gospel is the great mystery revealed how Gentiles would convert to the same religion as Jesus as to be adopted into the nation of Israel so Jews and Gentiles would be the same people with the same Sabbaths, same holy days that would make them one people being adopted and grafted into Israel.

That stopped happening when Gentiles stopped converting to the same religion as Jesus.

Today Gentiles stand outside of Judaism, outside the new covenant made only for Israel and Judah.

Why?

Because the Christian chooses separation, and they stand against everything called of God or worshipped of God. Gentiles.

There are no Gentiles in the covenant, there is only Jews and Gentiles who joined them.

The covenant comes making two people, one people.

This separation Christians choose, it is the opposite of what the covenant does, the covenant is a marriage contract where two become one.

Old 11-01-2021, 05:37 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,924,893 times
These times are not without Precident. You simply have not studied enough history to know that you are wrong. Are Christians being fed to the Lions in your area?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity