Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2023, 10:44 AM

33,224 posts, read 26,422,483 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Yes. Nothing can separate us from the love of God. And those of us that know that are those that God foreknows. It's crazy to think that God chose the entire nation of Israel, all the prophets, kings, etc....but YOU...well, YOU chose him.

Because...well...YOU......

What if, instead, you read Scripture starting with God, instead of man?
You do like to argue.

Read the scripture?

Revelation 22:17 is an invitation to come and take the water of life (eternal life) without cost. Sounds like a choice to me.

John 4:10 implies a choice on the part of the Samaritan woman to ask for eternal life which Jesus would have given her for the asking.

John 5:40 implies that the Jews to whom Jesus was speaking and who were unwilling to come to him for life could have chosen to come to him.

Everyone who hears the gospel message can choose for or against it. . .EVERYONE!

Again, I reject Calvinistic theology.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2023, 03:23 AM

13 posts, read 2,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
What exactly do you believe Satan fathered? He obviously didn't father their mortal bodies; their parents did. Fathers have to father something; otherwise they would not be fathers. Who do you believe was "the father of spirits"? The Bible says it was God.

I agree that we must be born again.
Actually, Satan fathered Cain's spirit, and later Jacob's. Satan renamed Jacob into Israel.
If you don’t believe me read the Bible, Genesis 25, when Jacob was born, with all the attitudes of Satan, and Genesis 32, when Satan renamed Jacob into Israel. Soon after Jacob / Israel build Him an altar and started to worship Satan as his God - the Almighty God of Israel - Jehovah.

Old 04-03-2023, 03:42 AM

13 posts, read 2,614 times
Quote:
Jacob was a descendant of Adam. So he was a sinner, just like Esau. In fact, it was Jacob that did quite a bit of underhanded bad things. But God still chose to love him.
Esau and Jacob were new creations, that’s why their DNA Haplogrupe Y is different: Esau’s E1b1b, while Jacob's E1b1a.
Jacob was a sinner because his spirit was created by Satan.
There was nothing wrong with Esau’s behaviour (based on Christ' standards), as his spirit was created by loving God. If you don’t believe me read Genesis - with understanding.

Old 04-03-2023, 06:15 AM

4,625 posts, read 1,170,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Way View Post
You do like to argue.

Read the scripture?

Revelation 22:17 is an invitation to come and take the water of life (eternal life) without cost. Sounds like a choice to me.

John 4:10 implies a choice on the part of the Samaritan woman to ask for eternal life which Jesus would have given her for the asking.

John 5:40 implies that the Jews to whom Jesus was speaking and who were unwilling to come to him for life could have chosen to come to him.

Everyone who hears the gospel message can choose for or against it. . .EVERYONE!

Then you reject the Gospel of Gods Grace, for TULIP are Truths that comprise the Gospel of Gods Grace.

Old 04-05-2023, 10:31 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,007,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Way View Post
You do like to argue.

Read the scripture?

And those that are not blinded by sin willingly do believe. I'm in complete agreement here. Those that God grants the faith to do so will willingly choose God.
Quote:
OK? And? Same as above. If you read on in that chapter you'll see that it appears she DID trust in him. As did many in her village.
Quote:
Yes. They COULD have. If they weren't blinded by sin.
Quote:
OK?
Quote:
You seem to be more about opposing what you label as Calvinism than agreeing with what Scripture actually says.

Old 04-05-2023, 10:57 AM

63,785 posts, read 40,053,123 times
Quote:
And those that are not blinded by sin willingly do believe. I'm in complete agreement here. Those that God grants the faith to do so will willingly choose God.

OK? And? Same as above. If you read on in that chapter you'll see that it appears she DID trust in him. As did many in her village.

Yes. They COULD have. If they weren't blinded by sin.

OK?
You seem to be more about opposing what you label as Calvinism than agreeing with what Scripture actually says.
Calvinism paints a picture of a CAPRICIOUS God. That is NOT the God of agape love revealed and demonstrated by Jesus on the Cross.

Old 04-05-2023, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Calvinism paints a picture of a CAPRICIOUS God. That is NOT the God of agape love revealed and demonstrated by Jesus on the Cross.
How do you know what Jesus reveals and demonstrates? You reject his Scripture.

Old 04-05-2023, 01:27 PM

Quote:
How do you know what Jesus reveals and demonstrates? You reject his Scripture.
No I do NOT reject scripture. I read it as JESUS would have said it, NOT as our ancestors interpreted it. You seem to have a lot of difficulties understanding that distinction. Our ancestors interpreted all inspirations and warnings as if they came from a wrathful and vengeful God, period! That is also how YOU read them. But they were WRONG as Jesus unambiguously revealed and demonstrated on the Cross!

All inspirations and warnings were from a God who IS agape love as Jesus described and demonstrated so the wording and interpretations are misguided. All the wrath and vengeance interpretations "tickle the ears" of our vindictive human nature and our ancestors' primitive misguided sense of justice but they are NOT God's ways.

Old 04-05-2023, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
No I do NOT reject scripture. I read it as JESUS would have said it, NOT as our ancestors interpreted it.
How do you know?
Quote:

You seem to have a lot of difficulties understanding that distinction. Our ancestors interpreted all inspirations and warnings as if they came from a wrathful and vengeful God, period!
How do you know?
Quote:
That is also how YOU read them. But they were WRONG as Jesus unambiguously revealed and demonstrated on the Cross!
How do you know what Jesus revealed? Where does it say? What are you basing that on?

You make a lot of statements of what Jesus did and did not do, but you show nothing to actually back up your claims.
Quote:
All inspirations and warnings were from a God who IS agape love as Jesus described and demonstrated so the wording and interpretations are misguided. All the wrath and vengeance interpretations "tickle the ears" of our vindictive human nature and our ancestors' primitive misguided sense of justice but they are NOT God's ways.
How do you know that?

Old 04-05-2023, 03:29 PM

Quote:
How do you know?

How do you know?

How do you know what Jesus revealed? Where does it say? What are you basing that on?

You make a lot of statements of what Jesus did and did not do, but you show nothing to actually back up your claims.

How do you know that?
I know because the descriptions and actions of Jesus were obvious snd not remotely like a wrathful and vengeful God. You seem utterly incapable of discerning the persona of Jesus as presented in the bible and seem to need to have everything specifically spelled out in writing because you only trust the words "written ink" and NOT the Word of God (logos) who is Jesus and HIS Holy Spirit of agape love!!

Why do you have so much difficulty understanding how to interpret things from a perspective of agape love instead of wrath and vengeance??? The leaders in the Christian religion have done a terrible job making the "written word" the Word of God instead of Jesus. I am distressed by it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity