Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2022, 01:33 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,277,299 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
In the natural...if someone is walking around carrying a beam, he knows about it because of the sheer weight of the object.

If someone has a speck in his eye he knows about it because it is an obstruction to his sight.

People know it if they are sinners.
Do you happen to know anyone who has got a literal beam in their eye or ever had a literal beam in their eye ? Of course you don't.

Let me ask you a simple question. Can someone with a beam in their eye, see ?.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2022, 01:37 PM

8,039 posts, read 1,837,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Do you happen to know anyone who has got a literal beam in their eye or ever had a literal beam in their eye ? Of course you don't.

Let me ask you a simple question. Can someone with a beam in their eye, see ?.
They can see out of their other eye.

Old 05-31-2022, 01:40 PM

Quote:
They can see out of their other eye.
LMAO!

You do realize your kjv bible tells us the light of the body its "the eye" AND NOT "the eyes"?

Old 05-31-2022, 01:47 PM

Quote:
LMAO!

You do realize your kjv bible tells us the light of the body its "the eye" AND NOT "the eyes"?
So, the Bible teaches that we don't have two eyes?

lmao.

Old 05-31-2022, 01:48 PM

23,138 posts, read 10,431,246 times
Quote:
My list of do's and don'ts is found in Galatians 5:16-24.

However, it is true that our obedience as Christians is not based on crossing our t' s and dotting our i's concerning a set of do's and don'ts; but rather it consists of walking not after the flesh but after the Spirit; the specifics of which are given in the passage mentioned.

That is simply a lie.
You have no law, you cant list your laws, you decide for yourself what is sin and what is not sin, and that is a fact.

Each law of Moses does have an alternate spiritual meaning, unfortunately you would have to first study and know the law to learn tbose meanings. There is no law of any animals that concern animals, each and every law is written to us, and about us.

The laws of slave and master have nothing to do with slaves and masters, they are all written for us, a slave seeks to remain a slave to stay in his master's house, the slaves desire the earing as the voice of the master in their ear that all who see the slave will see the earing to know the actions of the slave are controlled by the voice of the master in that earing.

All of the law is spiritual, but this in no way cancels out the law, the law will judge all flesh, and all flesh is found wanting, but within a person is another son who has his own law, and no sin can be found in him.

There are two different laws for two separate beings.

You have no law at all, you will just say things in general.

Old 05-31-2022, 01:55 PM

Quote:

lmao.
Oh please, so you are literalist until you don't like what it says . So what you are also saying is, that there's error in the kjv ? When Jesus said do not judge by appearance, he was saying DO NOT use your natural eyes to make a judgement. So, the beam in the eye is NOT your natural eye.

3788. ophthalmos -- the eye
... of Speech: Noun, Masculine Transliteration: ophthalmos Phonetic Spelling:
(of-thal-mos') Short Definition: the eye Definition: the eye; fig: the mind's eye.

Old 05-31-2022, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
You have no law, you cant list your laws, you decide for yourself what is sin and what is not sin, and that is a fact.

Each law of Moses does have an alternate spiritual meaning, unfortunately you would have to first study and know the law to learn tbose meanings. There is no law of any animals that concern animals, each and every law is written to us, and about us.

The laws of slave and master have nothing to do with slaves and masters, they are all written for us, a slave seeks to remain a slave to stay in his master's house, the slaves desires the earing as the voice of the master in his ear that all who see the slave will see the earing to know the actions of the slave are controlled by the voice of the master in that earing.

All of the law is spiritual, but this in no way cancels out the law, the law will judge all flesh, and all flesh is found wanting, but within a person is another son who has his own law, and no sin can be found in him.

There are two different laws for two separate beings.

You have no law at all, you will just say things in general.
The law of the New Testament.

Heb 7:12, For the priesthood being changed, there is made of necessity a change also of the law.
Heb 7:13, For he of whom these things are spoken pertaineth to another tribe, of which no man gave attendance at the altar.
Heb 7:14, For it is evident that our Lord sprang out of Juda; of which tribe Moses spake nothing concerning priesthood.
Heb 7:15, And it is yet far more evident: for that after the similitude of Melchisedec there ariseth another priest,
Heb 7:16, Who is made, not after the law of a carnal commandment, but after the power of an endless life.

Gal 5:16, This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.
Gal 5:17, For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.
Gal 5:18, But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.
Gal 5:19, Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
Gal 5:20, Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
Gal 5:21, Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.
Gal 5:22, But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
Gal 5:23, Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
Gal 5:24, And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.

The law of the NT consists of vices to be avoided and virtues to be exemplified.

Vices to be avoided:

Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

Virtues to be exemplified:

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

Old 05-31-2022, 01:57 PM

23,138 posts, read 10,431,246 times
Quote:

lmao.
Each eye is a separate kingdom with their own mountain and their own kings upon those mountains. Does Jesus really want you to rip out your right eye to save your soul?

If a man has faith, he can overcome the king in his eye, and then say to that mountain, "Be cast into the sea."

The man with faith can do this, its not a real mountain, and the sea is not a real sea.

Old 05-31-2022, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Oh please, so you are literalist until you don't like what it says . So what you are also saying is, that there's error in the kjv ? When Jesus said do not judge by appearance, he was saying DO NOT use your natural eyes to make a judgement. So, the beam in the eye is NOT your natural eye.

3788. ophthalmos -- the eye
... of Speech: Noun, Masculine Transliteration: ophthalmos Phonetic Spelling:
(of-thal-mos') Short Definition: the eye Definition: the eye; fig: the mind's eye.
Ok, whatever.

I think that everyone has two eyes and that the Bible doesn't contradict that.

I will agree that when it is speaking of a singular eye, that it is the mind's eye that is being spoken of.

I'm not certain that you can show that it is speaking of the mind's eye in Matthew 7:1-5, Luke 6:41-42.

I think that in those verses the Lord has it in mind that everyone has two eyes.

How else does someone who has a beam in his eye, see the speck in his brother's eye?

If he only had one eye, he would be completely blinded! And would not even be able to see a speck in his brother's eye.

Old 05-31-2022, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Ok, whatever.

I think that everyone has two eyes and that the Bible doesn't contradict that.

I will agree that when it is speaking of a singular eye, that it is the mind's eye that is being spoken of.

I'm not certain that you can show that it is speaking of the mind's eye in Matthew 7:1-5, Luke 6:41-42.

I think that in those verses the Lord has it in mind that everyone has two eyes.

How else does someone who has a beam in his eye, see the speck in his brother's eye?

If he only had one eye, he would be completely blinded! And would not even be able to see a speck in his brother's eye.
There is no whatever about it. A man with a beam in his eye is as good as blind and when he makes a judgement of another he is proving that he is blind to everyone other than himself.

again, have you ever known anyone or heard of them having a literal beam in their eye ? Jesus exaggerated what he was saying to make a point.

https://www.phillipsforestproducts.c...cts/wood-beams
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity