Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2022, 03:19 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,279,591 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
No, just quoting what Paul said.

Phl 1:9, And this I pray, that your love may abound yet more and more in knowledge and in all judgment;

Philippians 1:9 is not a scripture out of the Old Testament and therefore your statement is unwarranted.
Paul is referring to discernment. We have had this go around on this verse before. The way the verse read it is obvious its is not referring to judging a brother, and every translation says it is as if it is discernment.

How could Paul possibly say abound in judgement after saying this ?

You, therefore, have no excuse, you who pass judgment on someone else, for at whatever point you judge another, you are condemning yourself, because you who pass judgment do the same things. Rom 2:1

You have no excuse for believing God wants us to abound in judgement, that is just plain ridiculous.

What you are doing is clutching at straws to enable you to judge your brothers fault because you have limited the word judgement(intentionally because I do not believe you are dumb) and ignoring that judgement(discernment)is used far more broadly than finding fault in another. Abound in judgement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2022, 06:52 AM

327 posts, read 132,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Paul is referring to discernment. We have had this go around on this verse before. The way the verse read it is obvious its is not referring to judging a brother, and every translation says it is as if it is discernment. How could Paul possibly say abound in judgement after saying this ?

You, therefore, have no excuse, you who pass judgment on someone else, for at whatever point you judge another, you are condemning yourself, because you who pass judgment do the same things. Rom 2:1

You have no excuse for believing God wants us to abound in judgement, that is just plain ridiculous. What you are doing is clutching at straws to enable you to judge your brothers fault because you have limited the word judgement(intentionally because I do not believe you are dumb) and ignoring that judgement(discernment)is used far more broadly than finding fault in another. Abound in judgement.

People naturally judge the perceived sins of others because what they see happening is a weakness they have in themselves and that left a wound. Then when others display this behavior it "picks at the scab" of their own wounds. It can take years of introspection before one realizes that the issue is actually in their own life and is unresolved. So as always, we can say Praise God! for issues that we see.

Matthew 6:14-15
For if you forgive others their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you, but if you do not forgive others their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

Ephesians 4:31-32
Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice. Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you.

Old 06-01-2022, 06:56 AM

Quote:
No, just quoting what Paul said.

Phl 1:9, And this I pray, that your love may abound yet more and more in knowledge and in all judgment;
The Judgment of pure forgiving love from Jesus.

Mark 11:25
And whenever you stand praying, forgive, if you have anything against anyone, so that your Father also who is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses.”

Old 06-01-2022, 07:00 AM

Quote:
So, the Bible teaches that we don't have two eyes?

lmao.
They both see as one view merged together.

Old 06-01-2022, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Ok, whatever.

I think that everyone has two eyes and that the Bible doesn't contradict that.

I will agree that when it is speaking of a singular eye, that it is the mind's eye that is being spoken of.
The one eye of perception.

Old 06-01-2022, 07:04 AM

Quote:
They can see out of their other eye.
A log is pretty big. It would block the view of both eyes unless it was under 4 inches.

Old 06-01-2022, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Yes, we are to judge ourselves first.

Then we will be able to see clearly in order to be able to take the speck out of our brother's eye (Matthew 7:1-5, Luke 6:41-42)

People don't need help with specks. And your eye will be too sore anyways, from the tree in it.
I wouldn't trust you after your log-sin smacked me in the face a few times.

I'd tell you you need to lay down for few years and recover from your log sins.

Old 06-01-2022, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Jesus is obviously saying that if you have a beam in your eye, that that should be more obvious to you than if you have a speck in your eye. If you have a speck in your eye then you cannot see clearly to take a speck out of your brother's eye while it might be easier to discern a beam even if you are blinded by a speck.

But Jesus is saying that when we are inclined to try to take an obstruction out of our brother's eye, that usually the proportion is that our brother has a speck while we have a beam.

So, we should deal with the obvious beam in our own eye and then, Jesus says, we will be able to see clearly to be able to take the speck out of our brother's eye.

Jesus says to eradicate all sin from your own life before attempting to remove little areas of sin in other people's lives.

Only those who are truly born again are able to rightly judge the speck in their brother's eyes. Because Jesus has dealt with the sin in their life. And they also have access to the only cleanser that can take out specks from the eye of your brother....the blood of Jesus.

Jesus is saying that your own sins are always Huge priority and the sins of other are of little worry. WHen you have reached perfection, then you are qualified, After death, to judge others sins.

Isaiah 43:25
“I, I am he who blots out your transgressions for my own sake, and I will not remember your sins.

Matthew 12:36
I tell you, on the day of judgment people will give account for every careless word they speak,

Old 06-01-2022, 02:12 PM

11,895 posts, read 3,687,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyWriting View Post
They both see as one view merged together.
Yes we have depth perception by having 2 eyes

The 2 eyes are connected to the brain and they do not see/exist for the sake of the eye

There is a lot of symbolism is the Scriptures and we (collectively) should be at the stage where we can separate the symbolism from the meaning

Like separating wheat from chaff/husk

Last edited by Meerkat2; 06-01-2022 at 02:38 PM..

Old 06-01-2022, 06:56 PM

10,020 posts, read 4,958,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyWriting View Post
Isaiah 43:25 “I, I am he who blots out your transgressions for my own sake, and I will not remember your sins.
Matthew 12:36
I tell you, on the day of judgment people will give account for every careless word they speak,
Yes, sins Not remember "IF" according to 1st John 1:7.
"IF" a person repents and then keeps on walking on a upright path.
It seems to me chapter 12 of Matthew is in connection with those Pharisees, "religious teachers", and Not the public in general.
The corrupted religious leaders speak 'careless words'. People in general might not have the opportunity to put faith in Jesus.
Teachers of God's Word, who should know better, have the greater responsibility.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity