Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-14-2008, 09:39 AM

599 posts, read 1,261,119 times

Advertisements

Quote:
The republicans have chosen fear mongering. They've chosen "he's got a funny name.. he isn't one of us".
You're kidding about the "funny name" comment right? Who is it that brought up that issue? Dude, you've really got to stop believing everything you've been told by the msm.

YouTube - Barack Obama plays the black Race Card for fear - smear
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2008, 09:44 AM

8,989 posts, read 14,569,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb in VA View Post
You're kidding about the "funny name" comment right? Who is it that brought up that issue? Dude, you've really got to stop believing everything you've been told by the msm.

YouTube - Barack Obama plays the black Race Card for fear - smear
He's a liberal Christian, you should hear what their leaders have to say about conservatives and how they butcher scripture in support of Obama

Old 10-14-2008, 09:47 AM

4,440 posts, read 9,071,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reformed Liberal View Post
Ever ask yourself maybe the economy is bad because God is trying to get your and our attention?
No I don't ask myself that because I think that line of reasoning is seriously flawed

Old 10-14-2008, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reformed Liberal View Post
That's a stretch. If I support a man who believes in murdering babies. What does that say about me?
That you are uninformed if you believe Obama believes in murdering babies. Quite possibly that you get most of your information from some surivalist type website. I dunno. you tell me..

Old 10-14-2008, 09:57 AM

5,137 posts, read 16,591,041 times
Aside from the fact that Obama is black, african american, has a funny name...he's inexperienced..

Over 70% of the US claim to be Christians.

That means a large majority if the voters are Christians.

What is a Christian?
Someone who follows after Jesus Christ and His teachings.

Did Jesus say that the economy/healthcare/education/etc is more important than sins that can condemn you for eternity?

Everyone person who is voting for Obama and is a socalled Christian always say we need to 'love our neighbors'.

that is correct but they are missing the 1st commandment.

1. Love God with all your might, strength, heart, and soul.

THEN Commandment #2...Love your neighbor as yourself.

Why do Christians vote for McCain?
We have no choice but to vote for McCain because of Obama's denial of Jesus being the ONLY path to Heaven, and because of his support for the genocide of babies, AND because he supports the war.

I threw in the last one because everyone says McCain is the only who supported/supports the war. That is a lie.

Old 10-14-2008, 09:58 AM

Actually Democrats AND Liberals have said this about Obama BEFORE Republicans mentioned it.

BTW - I thought Democrats are known for proabortion and gay rights?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigthirsty View Post
That you are uninformed if you believe Obama believes in murdering babies. Quite possibly that you get most of your information from some surivalist type website. I dunno. you tell me..

Old 10-14-2008, 10:02 AM

1,385 posts, read 2,455,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renriq02 View Post
Aside from the fact that Obama is black, african american, has a funny name...he's inexperienced..
I think this quote shows clearly where your prejudices are...

Last edited by Alpha8207; 10-14-2008 at 10:17 AM.. Reason: formatted wrong

Old 10-14-2008, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha8207 View Post
You said the base of the Republican party, if Christian, weren't your brothers and sisters in Christ.
Actually I didn't. You said the base of the republican party was the people in the video and those people were Christians. I stated if that is what a Christian is then I don't want to be one (hence.. the "not mine" comment).

So I have a line. You obviously think that people like those in the video are representative of Christians. I don't. Thus.. if I don't how can I call them my brother or sister? Goes back to my question to you earlier if you call Mr. Phelps a brother of yours in Christ (which you've failed to answer).

I'm pretty sure I outlined that in the post above. I guess my presentation skills aren't up to par. My apologies

Quote:
I'm part of the Republican party base (but I'm not in any youtube videos yet).
Well Alpha why did it take so long to admit that? Why not from the very beginning of the discussion say "I'm part of the Republican base..." and then explain why you think or don't think the people in the video represent the Republican base? Instead you felt it best to question which of us is going to be saved. Twisted in my view.. but what the hell.. it was your call and who am I to judge.

Quote:
Why is the word "Christian" in your thread title in quotes?
Well see in the eyes of many.. progressive Christians such as myself aren't really "Christians". So I wanted to make sure I got the true "Christians" to answer.

Old 10-14-2008, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by renriq02 View Post
Actually Democrats AND Liberals have said this about Obama BEFORE Republicans mentioned it.

BTW - I thought Democrats are known for proabortion and gay rights?
Democrats and Liberals said "Barack Obama wants to murder babies".

They said that? Really? Thats what they said?

What democrats are known for is none of my concern. I know what I believe in and I believe that as an American my religious beliefs DO NOT supercede the individual rights of my fellow citizens. Thus I don't impose my religious beliefs on another individual in this country.

So yes. I belive a gay couple has rights. Astonishing I know.. that someone in this country would have rights. Weird concept to follow.

Old 10-14-2008, 10:27 AM

Sure it is.

I was referencing to the video that was PROVIDED that shows Obama speaking about the same words I put.

Nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sizzly Friddle View Post
I think this quote shows clearly where your prejudices are...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity