Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-12-2008, 08:15 AM

14,885 posts, read 17,164,304 times

Advertisements

Quote:
And you believe McCain or Obama will do this for anyone?

Yes, I do. God bless.

Quote:
"My Bible tells me that when God sent his only Son to Earth, it was to heal the sick and comfort the weary; to feed the hungry and clothe the naked; to befriend the outcast and redeem those who strayed from righteousness. Living His example is the hardest kind of faith - but it is surely the most rewarding. It is a way of life that can not only light our way as people of faith, but guide us to a new and better politics as Americans."

"In the end, then, what is called for is nothing more, and nothing less, than what all the world's great religions demand – that we do unto others as we would have them do unto us. Let us be our brother's keeper, Scripture tells us. Let us be our sister's keeper. Let us find that common stake we all have in one another, and let our politics reflect that spirit as well."

"We've got to be less wasteful, both as a society and in our own individual lives. I think religion can actually bolster our desire to make those sacrifices now. As president, I hope to rally the entire world around the importance of us being good stewards of the land."
Matthew 25 Network (http://matthew25.org/quotes.htm - broken link)

Last edited by ShanaBrown; 10-12-2008 at 08:28 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2008, 08:29 AM

5,137 posts, read 16,589,971 times
15Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.
16Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?
17Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.
18A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
19Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire. 20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

Anyone can call themselves a Christian....

John 14:15
If ye love me, keep my commandments.

Like the other verse I wrote earlier...
You gain the whole world (healthcare, education, economy, taxes) but you lose your soul.

If you think the economy triumphs immorality, then you are sorely mistaken.

Old 10-12-2008, 08:35 AM

14,885 posts, read 17,164,304 times
Quote:
WE are to help our brothers/sisters.
There are Christians in government.

Quote:
If you think the economy triumphs immorality, then you are sorely mistaken.
Who says that? We are not to put anything (healthcare, education, economy, taxes, money, anything, ect.) before God. We are to be concerned about the lives and well being of others. For the one who does not love his brother whom he has seen cannot love God whom he has not seen. 1 John 4:20 I do believe that being reconciled to God is top priority

Quote:
Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

Anyone can call themselves a Christian....

John 14:15
If ye love me, keep my commandments.
So true. God bless.

Last edited by ShanaBrown; 10-12-2008 at 08:57 AM..

Old 10-12-2008, 09:18 AM

4,507 posts, read 9,064,272 times
Where does it say in the Bible (or the Constitution for that matter) that governments should be used to fulfill the 'works' of Christianity...even if they are good works?

Old 10-12-2008, 09:24 AM

Funny how you throw 'constitution' in there when that is ANOTHER topic altogether.

There are MANY parts in the bible that express how God wants a kingdom/government to be like.

I have already demonstrated this in my earlier posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCyank View Post
Where does it say in the Bible (or the Constitution for that matter) that governments should be used to fulfill the 'works' of Christianity...even if they are good works?

Old 10-12-2008, 09:26 AM

8,998 posts, read 14,789,526 times
Obama wants LGBT americans to have equal rights and "Christians" don't like that.
Obama supports a woman's right to choose and SOME Christians don't like that.

Old 10-12-2008, 09:41 AM

Christians or what the bible teaches?

We believe in what the bible teaches us, and we believe it comes from God. If you disagree with us, then you're disagreeing with God.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveTodayLez08 View Post
Obama wants LGBT americans to have equal rights and "Christians" don't like that.
Obama supports a woman's right to choose and SOME Christians don't like that.

Old 10-12-2008, 09:54 AM

If Democrats/Republicans would stick on what the government needs to do then it would be no problem.

The fact that Democrats pushes for abortion/gay rights is what creates the problem. This is contrary to what the bible teaches, and it is against God's will.

Affiliating yourself with members that believe in this is what the other verse talks about. A friend of the world is an enemy of God.

The fact that Obama joined the democrats showed that his beliefs is in the government/voters, and NOT in God. It's quite obvious when he went to a church that spews out hatred, and he later denies hearing it, then he later acknowledges it. This is why liberals call Christians 'hypocrites'.

Beware of those wolves in sheeps clothing!

Sitting in a church that spews out hatred for 20 years, then having the same pastor marry you, and being your 'spiritual mentor'.

Faith comes through hearing and HEARING...
You hear something many times you're going to end up believing it.

I'm sure he believes a lot of stuff Jeremiah Wright said....that's the reason why he's been going there 20 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
There are Christians in government.

Who says that? We are not to put anything (healthcare, education, economy, taxes, money, anything, ect.) before God. We are to be concerned about the lives and well being of others. For the one who does not love his brother whom he has seen cannot love God whom he has not seen. 1 John 4:20 I do believe that being reconciled to God is top priority

So true. God bless.

Old 10-12-2008, 09:59 AM

50,378 posts, read 63,993,273 times
I don't get your premise. Are you saying no Christians are for Obama?

Old 10-12-2008, 10:09 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,512,386 times
I am a christian/believer..I believe a woman has the right to a very early abortion (days after) for rape or incest..I believe that if a womans life is in danger she also has the right to choose a very early abortion..I believe that Gays and lesbians are entitled the same tax and personal benefits as a married couple and that a civil ceremony should be allowed in order for them to have those rights..And I am voting for Obama, but not on those issues..I believe he is the best person for the job and if something should happen that he is unable to fulfill his term I believe that Sen. Biden is an excellent choice..And I thank you for your time
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity