Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-11-2008, 05:34 PM

5,137 posts, read 16,585,075 times

Advertisements

It IS conservative when you compare it to what others teach.

Liberals - allow homosexuality. Christians say no.

Christians dont believe in abortions....liberals do.

Are we on the same planet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mozart271 View Post
How can you think the Republican party represents Christianity the best, when first of all, Jesus's views were very liberal (turn the other cheek, give away worldly goods, love your brother as yourself, etc)?

Here is an excerpt from my post earlier in this thread:

The Right-wing has hit on the effective strategy over the past 10 or 15 years of sneaking false stereotypes into the common national dialogue. For example, "elite liberal" to make you think liberals are all latte-sipping, Volvo-driving snots, while conservatives are the "real" people, the heart of America, blah blah blah. This is the BIG LIE they have managed to get people to believe and reinforce in their own minds.

You and other Christians who have the misimpression that Christianity is not a "liberal" philosophy are dead wrong. You have been brainwashed by the Republican propaganda machine. There is nothing wrong with real fiscal conservatism, but that has little to do with the Bush administration's policies. And the current campaign run by McCain has become the most underhanded, nasty, lying, hate-mongering smear campaign in history. Christian, really Christian.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2008, 05:34 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,657,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mozart271 View Post
Hmm, maybe it's the husband. He might not have learned how to write yet.
Same to you as well.

Old 10-11-2008, 05:35 PM

Anyone who supports it is just as guilty as those that do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
Hi, believers are supposed to love all people and Obama to my knowledge has not killed any babies. He seeks to keep women from seeking unsafe abortions and emphasizes the prevention of unwanted pregnancies. God bless.

Old 10-11-2008, 05:38 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,502,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeegirl313 View Post
Obama is a gay loving, baby killing democrat.(My husband wanted me to write this.)
Hmm..My h would be very busy peeling himself off the wall for that
Even then he would have a hard time walking..

Old 10-11-2008, 06:03 PM

14,876 posts, read 17,146,555 times
Quote:
Anyone who supports it is just as guilty as those that do it.
While I don’t encourage or promote abortion as a means of birth control, and would seek to encourage abstinence for unmarried people, contraceptives for couples who don’t want children, and encourage adoption for unwanted children, I believe that if it comes down to having an abortion, this would be better than having a woman , specifically young girls, seek unsafe abortions (which they will probably do anyway if they are determined to not have the child). God bless.

Old 10-11-2008, 06:07 PM

I was talking about Obama

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
While I don’t encourage or promote abortion as a means of birth control, and would seek to encourage abstinence for unmarried people, contraceptives for couples who don’t want children, and encourage adoption for unwanted children, I believe that if it comes down to having an abortion, this would be better than having a woman , specifically young girls, seek unsafe abortions (which they will probably do anyway if they are determined to not have the child). God bless.

Old 10-11-2008, 06:08 PM

14,876 posts, read 17,146,555 times
I know, Renriqu02, I was just sharing . God bless.

Quote:
Obama: [An abortion protester at a campaign event] handed me a pamphlet. "Mr. Obama, I know you're a Christian, with a family of your own. So how can you support murdering babies?"

Quote:
I told him I understood his position but had to disagree with it. I explained my belief that few women made the decision to terminate a pregnancy casually; that any pregnant woman felt the full force of the moral issues involved when making that decision; that I feared a ban on abortion would force women to seek unsafe abortions, as they had once done in this country. I suggested that perhaps we could agree on ways to reduce the number of women who felt the need to have abortions in the first place.
"I will pray for you," the protester said. "I pray that you have a change of heart." Neither my mind nor my heart changed that day, nor did they in the days to come. But that night, before I went to bed, I said a prayer of my own-that I might extend the same presumption of good faith to others that had been extended to me.
Barack Obama on Abortion

Old 10-11-2008, 09:52 PM

4,440 posts, read 9,067,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northsouth View Post
Anything that goes against the Bible, which is pretty much everything that liberals advocate.
Can you name a few things?

Old 10-11-2008, 10:12 PM

5,903 posts, read 3,790,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigthirsty View Post
Can you name a few things?
No. I don't care to elaborate or debate.

Old 10-11-2008, 10:24 PM

9,401 posts, read 11,150,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kahskye View Post
I'm a Christian and I'm voting Obama. Job security, taxes and foreign policy come into play. While there are family issues to address, our would economy is at stake.
A communist philosophy never fixed any economic problem.

They make it worse. You can count on that.

You can count on vastly increased taxes, unless you're a welfare recipient.

A foreign policy that will mirror Jimmy Carter's politics of surrender.

Finally, loss of most freedoms you take for granted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity