Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-12-2008, 07:36 AM

4,440 posts, read 9,090,087 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCyank View Post
You shouldn't be drawing conclusions about 'most' Christians from the responses you receive in this thread, or any other on CD.
Thats why I posted it as a question. Note the question mark "?" at the end my question.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2008, 07:37 AM

4,440 posts, read 9,090,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
Its hard to put the hornets back in the nest. He wound em' all up and now has zero control.

Old 10-12-2008, 07:47 AM

14,928 posts, read 17,288,066 times
I agree .... God bless.

Old 10-12-2008, 07:47 AM

5,137 posts, read 16,617,216 times
The question is who would Jesus vote for?

Would Jesus care about economy/healthcare/government bailout/mortgages/etc?

or

Would Jesus care about abortion/homosexuality/etc?

James 4
...know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God.

Most people say NOT to mix in religion with politics....

I tell them NOT to mix in politics with religion...

What is more important? Politics or your Beliefs & morals?
Will you sell your beliefs & morals for a few dollars? better economy?

It's always about the American Dollar.

Old 10-12-2008, 07:51 AM

Quote:
The question is who would Jesus vote for?

Would Jesus care about economy/healthcare/government bailout/mortgages/etc?

or

Would Jesus care about abortion/homosexuality/etc?
Doesn't the state of the economy affect the lives of people? When people are out of work, they cannot provide for their families. Would this concern Jesus? Jesus cared about the lives of people and we as Christians are taught to care about the welfare of others. We know that God is in control and we are not to worry, but we are help one another. Jesus healed the sick and tried to help others and so yes, I believe that He would be concerned about those things which affect the day to day lives of people. (James 2:14-16) I do, on the other hand, believe that this country is too materialistic and that we can cut down on a lot of excesses, that many are too focused money. There has to be a balance. God bless.

Old 10-12-2008, 07:58 AM

It's called priorities

Jesus taught that we need to render to Caesar what is Caesar.

We're always going to have taxes regardless of the POTUS.

Also, I believe Jesus did not talk about the economy, jobs, healthcare, etc.

Why wouldn't or why would he talk about something that is everchanging and that NO man OR Congress or House has power over?

The fact that any Christian relies on any man to help their issues is going against the teachings of Jesus and/or the bible.
Cursed be the man that trusteth in man

Kings were dethroned in the Old Testament because of their disobedience to God not because of famines or lepers not having healthcare.

Nations were punished because of their disobedience.

Quote:
Doesn't the state of the economy affect the lives of people? When people are out of work, they cannot provide for their families. Would this concern Jesus? Jesus cared about the lives of people and we as Christians are taught to care about the welfare of others. Jesus healed the sick and tried to help others and so yes, I believe that He would be concerned about those things which affect the day to day lives of people. God bless.

Old 10-12-2008, 08:04 AM

Anyone who plans to vote should consider this verse

Matthew 16:26
For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?

Old 10-12-2008, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Also, I believe Jesus did not talk about the economy, jobs, healthcare, etc.
Hi, I believe that Jesus taught us to love our neighbors as ourselves and that we are to be concerned about the welfare of others. And I do plan to vote as a citizen. It has nothing to do with gaining the whole world and losing my soul, but making a choice as a citizen as to whom I believe with God's help is best to lead the country as president. I also believe that God uses or works through others to meet some of the needs of others, as in the case of Joseph in his brothers. God bless.

Last edited by ShanaBrown; 10-12-2008 at 08:33 AM..

Old 10-12-2008, 08:06 AM

And you believe McCain or Obama will do this for anyone?

We are to do this ourselves, and not give this blessing to the government or anyone else.
WE are to help our brothers/sisters.

Notice also that it's talking about food/clothing not paying taxes/healthcare/government bailouts

Quote:
Hi, I believe that Jesus taught us to love our neighbors as ourselves and that we are to be concerned about the welfare of others. God bless.

Old 10-12-2008, 08:13 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,121,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigthirsty View Post
I'm actually interested in this as I think its fascinating.

What are the reasons?

I'll state why I think its fascinating then promise not to try to post in the thread. I don't want this thread viewed as me trying to get into arguement.

Why its fascinating to me:

1. From my POV it seems that in the middle of one of the greatest financial crisis (whats the plural of crisis?) the right wing seems more concerned with abortion. That fascinates me.

2. From my POV it seems that in the middle of one of the greatest financial crisis (whats the plural of crisis?) the right wing seems more concerned with homosexuality. That fascinates me.

3. Obama is proposing that 95% of the population gets a tax cut. I don't make over $250K so I look at that as a good thing. The fact that others don't see it that way.. fascinates me.

4. Is it foriegn policy? I ask because even if you think Obama isn't "qualified" he at least chose a VP that has years of foriegn policy experience. You can't really say the same about McCain.

5. Is it Veterans affairs? I non partisian report was released just today that gives McCain a D (as in Doh) in Veterans affairs. Obama got a B.

6. Is it healthcare? McCain doesn't think its a right. Tell that to any hospital administrator that has an ER room. Its already a right.

All these things fascinate me. What is it then? Is it the Bill Ayers thing? Is that what tips the scales?

Alright... I'm stepping away. I'm going to try to stay away from the thread and just read it (unless someone directly asks me a question). I just really want to know. Maybe I'm missing something..

Thanks in advance to anyone that posts..
I haven't met a Christian in person yet that DOES support McCain.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity