Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-12-2008, 01:49 PM

5,137 posts, read 16,585,075 times

Advertisements

Just like what Paul wrote about marrying a nonbeliever.

You're setting yourself up for problems.

What if Obama fixes our economy but he also pushes for abortion rights?

I rather be in a Godly country then a economy like the Roman/Persian Empire.

Even Peter who was unlearned, and walked with Jesus 3.5 yrs wasn't chosen to do the major works of the Christian movement. It was Paul who had experience in the letter of the law/traditions that was sent to the Gentiles AND given authority of the Jews. Paul was the one who went before the great kings, queens, and leaders.

Joseph even had experience before he went up the ladder to being in charge of almost everything!
David didn't fight Goliath from sleeping in bed all day long.
He killed a lion and a bear before he went to fight Goliath.

Even when it came to choosing a 'Bishop'.
Paul wrote NOT to pick a 'novice'.

If you love me then obey my commandments. That's what Jesus said.
Supporting 1.3 million deaths per year REGARDLESS of the reason is contrary to what the bible teaches.

Being a Christian is not a race, and you're not born with it.
You either follow what the bible says or you don't.
Either you believe it in its entirety or you're following a different religion.

There are some people who say they're Christians but they make a mockery of what we believe in.

Supposed Christians growin up in High School
Dean: Sorry Joe you can't be on the Honor roll
Joe: Why not?
Dean: Well because you made a D in Science
Joe: So?
Dean: Well you also made C's in Math & English
Joe: So that's no big deal
Dean: It is when you want to be on the Honor roll
Joe: That's not fair! I'm am on the Honor roll, and there's nothing you can tell me that I'm not.
Dean: Well you need a 3.5 average GPA to be on it, and you have a 2.5%
Joe: I don't care .. You can't tell me I'm not on the Honor roll. You're nobody, and I'm going to tell all my friends that I'm on it. You can't tell me what to do...I make the rules.
Dean: That's not how it works.
Joe: That's your opinion.

Either you demonstrate you are .... or you're only lying to yourselves.

No good tree bears bad fruit. Those that do bear bad fruit will be cut down and thrown into the everlasting fire.

17Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.
18A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
19Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
20Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

21Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2008, 01:58 PM

5,903 posts, read 3,790,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renriq02 View Post
sorry i dont take amens...i only take rep points lol
You'll just have to take the amens cause it wouldn't let me rep you again so soon.

Old 10-12-2008, 02:06 PM

5,903 posts, read 3,790,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
Northsouth, what about faith in God who is able to perform all miracles? I am not looking for Obama to change this country. He is just a vessel, a servant, I believe. But I believe that he is the better candidate and will do a better job as president, imho. God bless.

How Good Are Experienced Presidents? (http://www.electoral-vote.com/evp2008/Info/experience.html - broken link)
I think our faith would be better served believing and praying for God to perform miracles through us as the servants and vessels, rather than one man. Putting so much faith in a very flawed man who gives lip service however it needs to be given and supports so many things that are against God and His Word is just that~~putting your faith in a man and not God.

I can't understand how any God fearing Bible believing Christian could support any democrat, especially Obama.

Old 10-12-2008, 03:09 PM

14,876 posts, read 17,146,555 times
Quote:
I think our faith would be better served believing and praying for God to perform miracles through us as the servants and vessels, rather than one man. Putting so much faith in a very flawed man who gives lip service however it needs to be given and supports so many things that are against God and His Word is just that~~putting your faith in a man and not God.
I do pray for God to do His work/miracles in all of his servants, including those who work in the government. My faith is in God. We are to pray for the government leaders and all are under His control. I understand that you believe that Obama supports things that are against God's word but many Christians disagree with this.

http://pastortony.wordpress.com/2008/09/04/christians-for-obama/ (broken link)
Quote:
17Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.
18A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
19Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
20Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

21Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
Amen. God bless.

Last edited by ShanaBrown; 10-12-2008 at 03:22 PM..

Old 10-12-2008, 04:08 PM

From the horse's mouth

YouTube - Sermon on the Mount (see updated click on PH on right)

No God fearing aka Christian will ever speak like this.
I don't know ANY Christians that would ever mock the Word of God like this.

Please .... here's ANOTHER video of him speaking about how Muslims are as much as children of God as Christians are. That is called heresy.

YouTube - Is Obama a "Christian"? You Decide

Old 10-12-2008, 05:03 PM

1,577 posts, read 2,660,501 times
Quote:
22But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. 24Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the sinful nature with its passions and desires. 25Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit. 26Let us not become conceited, provoking and envying each other. Galatians 5:22
I like this verse.

Old 10-12-2008, 05:46 PM

8,998 posts, read 14,783,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renriq02 View Post
Christians or what the bible teaches?

We believe in what the bible teaches us, and we believe it comes from God. If you disagree with us, then you're disagreeing with God.
I'm an atheist.

Last edited by Alpha8207; 10-12-2008 at 05:52 PM.. Reason: edited to fit the Christianity sub-forum

Old 10-12-2008, 07:35 PM

4,440 posts, read 9,067,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha8207 View Post
Your brothers and sisters in Christ, right?
Not mine.

Old 10-12-2008, 08:10 PM

14,876 posts, read 17,146,555 times
Quote:
From the horse's mouth

YouTube - Sermon on the Mount (see updated click on PH on right)

No God fearing aka Christian will ever speak like this.
I don't know ANY Christians that would ever mock the Word of God like this.

Please .... here's ANOTHER video of him speaking about how Muslims are as much as children of God as Christians are. That is called heresy.

YouTube - Is Obama a "Christian"? You Decide
Hi, there are many Christians, even believers right here on these forums who may hold to the same views as Obama's and who may have similar understandings, interpretations the scriptures and of his view of nonChristians. Many will not go to war because of how they understand the Sermon on the Mount. Many who may believe that decent, moral people are found in any religion. Many may see Muslims as children of God, and in Acts 17, Paul speaks of all men as the "offspring" of God. I for one do not believe that anyone who has died except for Jesus who rose again, is in heaven, which is not in agreement with what Obama believes but I will not judge his salvation because of his beliefs on this. I believe that all people will be reconciled to God, that no one will be lost for eternity and many here have the same beliefs. This does not mean that those who hold to this belief are not Christians or are mocking God, or are mocking the scriptures, because they don't fit with the majority view. All Christians do not not have the same understanding on all points and this for many reasons and so when I hear this from Obama, this does not mean to me that he is not a Christian or that he is mocking the scriptures. I may disagree with him on some things, but I will not judge him as to whether or not he is a Christian. This is God's business. God bless you.

[+] Rate this post positively

Old 10-12-2008, 08:14 PM

right we are all sinners and know nothing when it comes to God's business.

THIS is the reason why we turn to the bible aka God's Word.

22Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.

I dont know any antichrists going to heaven.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
Hi, there are many Christians, even believers right here on these forums who may hold to the same views as Obama's and who may have similar understandings, interpretations the scriptures and of his view of nonChristians. Many will not go to war because of how they understand the Sermon on the Mount. Many who may believe that decent, moral people are found in any religion. Many may see Muslims as children of God, and in Acts 17, Paul speaks of all men as the "offspring" of God. I for one do not believe that anyone who has died except for Jesus who rose again, is in heaven, which is not in agreement with what Obama believes but I will not judge his salvation because of his beliefs on this. I believe that all people will be reconciled to God, that no one will be lost for eternity and many here have the same beliefs. This does not mean that those who hold to this belief are not Christians because they don't fit with the majority view. All Christians do not not have the same understanding on all points and this for many reasons and so when I hear this from Obama, this does not mean to me that he is not a Christian or that he is mocking the scriptures. I may disagree with him on some things, but I will not judge him as to whether or not he is a Christian. This is God's business. God bless you.

[+] Rate this post positively
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity