Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-12-2008, 08:17 PM

14,918 posts, read 17,235,494 times

Advertisements

Quote:
right we are all sinners and know nothing when it comes to God's business.

THIS is the reason why we turn to the bible aka God's Word.

22Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.

I dont know any antichrists going to heaven.
Now, who is the anti-Christ? And who has denied that Jesus is the Christ? Who has denied the Father and the Son?

1 Corinthians 15

God bless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2008, 08:20 PM

5,137 posts, read 16,605,644 times
Obama said there is more than one way to heaven. That is heresy.
He is denying Jesus as the only Christ or Messiah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
Now, who is the anit-Christ? And who has denied that Jesus is the Christ?

God bless.

Old 10-12-2008, 08:26 PM

Did he say that Jesus was not the Christ, the Messiah, the Son of God? God bless.

Old 10-12-2008, 08:30 PM

To say there is another path to Heaven IS denying Jesus or do you believe there is more than one Son of God?

5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

16 They profess that they know God; but in works they deny him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate.

1But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.

4 For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ.

Quote:
Did he say that Jesus was not the Christ, the Messiah, the Son of God? God bless.

Old 10-12-2008, 08:36 PM

Quote:
To say there is another path to Heaven IS denying Jesus or do you believe there is more than one Son of God?
Obama shared his faith and his beliefs. Some of his beliefs may differ from mine but as I understand, he is not claiming to be a preacher of the gospel. We are not all at the same place in our walk with God, and we are hopefully growing. I believe that Obama probably has these views (but this my opinion) because of what I believe to be the false teaching of eternal hell in which his mother and other decent people are suffering for all of eternity due to what many Christians believe and are teaching. I can understand where he is coming from if this is the case. I have not heard him deny Jesus or God. I have read that he believes that Jesus died for his sins. I believe that Jesus is the Son of God, the exact representation of the invisible God and that He died for my sins. I still think that Obama is the best candidate for the job. God bless you .

Old 10-12-2008, 08:43 PM

Obama also said that Christ did die for his sins, but if anyone rejects that they will still be the child of God.

That is called heresy. There is no such thing as level of God or not.
Either you believe in Jesus or not.
Either you believe He is the ONLY Son of God aka Christ aka Messiah or you do not.

You are not brought on in different 'levels' of Christianity.
There's one salvation, and not many. To say there is more than one is you mocking/blaspheming what Jesus taught.

When a person gets saved...they recognize their sins, and they recognize that there's only ONE WAY into Heaven.

How can someone going to a church for over 20yrs mistaken that there's more than one way into heaven?

Quote:

Obama shared his faith and his beliefs. Some of his beliefs may differ from mine but as I understand, he is not claiming to be a preacher. We are not all at the same place in our walk with God. I believe that Obama probably has these views (but this my opinion) because of what I believe to be the false teaching of eternal hell which his mother and other decent people are forever in torment in due to what many Christians believe. I can understand where he is coming from if this is the case. I have not heard him deny Jesus or God. I have read that he believes that Jesus died for his sins. I believe that Jesus is the Son of God, the exact representation of the invisible God and that He died for my sins. God bless you

Old 10-12-2008, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Obama also said that Christ did die for his sins, but if anyone rejects that they will still be the child of God.
Where did he say this?

Quote:
Either you believe in Jesus or not.
Either you believe He is the ONLY Son of God aka Christ aka Messiah or you do not.
Right.

Quote:
You are not brought on in different 'levels' of Christianity.
Who said this? I said that we are not all at the same place in our walk. Hopefully, most of us have moved beyond the infant stages, but it is a growing process, after we come to the Lord.

Quote:

There's one salvation, and not many. To say there is more than one is you mocking/blaspheming what Jesus taught.

When a person gets saved...they recognize their sins, and they recognize that there's only ONE WAY into Heaven.

How can someone going to a church for over 20yrs mistaken that there's more than one way into heaven?
Well, I shared my reasons for why I believe he may have this belief. That's all I can do, is share my opinion on this. From what I understand his mother was an atheist but he accepted Jesus as His Savior. He became a Christian in 1996 from what I understand. I believe that God was and is still working on his heart. All Christians are not at the same point in their walk because it is a growing process, the Christian walk. I still believe that he is the best candidate for the job, and I will be voting for Him, God willing. God bless

Last edited by ShanaBrown; 10-12-2008 at 08:56 PM..

Old 10-12-2008, 08:58 PM

lol like it would matter anymore.

If you dont know your own candidate, then I dont even know why you're voting for him.

Quote:
Where did he say this?

Right.

Who said this? I said that we are not all at the same place in our walk. Hopefully, most of us have moved beyond the infant stages, but it is a growing process, after we come to the Lord.

Well, I shared my reasons for why I believe he may have this belief. That's all I can do, is share my opinion on this. From what I understand his mother was an atheist but he accepted Jesus as His Savior. He became a Christian in 1996 from what I understand. I believe that God was and is still working on his heart. All Christians are not at the same point in their walk because it is a growing process, the Christian walk. I still believe that he is the best candidate for the job, and I will be voting for Him, God willing. God bless

Old 10-12-2008, 09:03 PM

Quote:
If you dont know your own candidate, then I dont even know why you're voting for him.
No, I don't know every intimate detail about his personal life. Have you for anyone that you have voted for, if you have voted? I know what I need to know to make an informed decision. I am voting for him because from what I see he is the best candidate Thanks and God bless.

Last edited by ShanaBrown; 10-12-2008 at 09:13 PM..

Old 10-12-2008, 09:13 PM

Sorry...

I'm Christian first, Republican second.
If Obama was a Christian and didnt have those abortion views...I STILL wouldnt vote for him.

Even if he was a Republican I wouldn't vote for him.
Even if Democrats and Republicans shared the same moral values I still wouldnt vote for him.

If he was Jewish, White, a woman, 3 inches taller, richer/poorer, etc...I STILL wouldn't vote for him.

Why? He has no experience, and he's not bringing anything to the table.

If you owned a company, and need a manager or CEO to run it...you wouldn't hire someone who has no experience. You will run your business to the ground.
How can anyone say 'Best man for the job'.
Please don't tell me people are voting for him because he knows how to say all the 'right words'?
If you hired a manager for your company, you wouldn't want him/her coming to you all the time with questions.
The President of the United States position isn't 'on the job training'.

To say I'm going to 'change' this country, and yet you have no proof of any changes in your own state is just smoke. How about lowering the crime rate in his sector first instead of having it go higher.
The POTUS requires more than a person who can just vote 'present'.

Quote:
No, I don't know every intimate detail about his personal life. Have you for anyone that you have voted for, if you have voted? I know what I need to know to make an informed decision. I am voting for him because from what I see he is the best candidate God bless.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity