Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2009, 08:10 PM

4,309 posts, read 6,440,687 times

Advertisements

What to you have to say on the subject? You being, ANYONE. Scientific minds are welcome. Christians prospective, whoever, or whatever!

Another Y2K? Is it any different? Just hype ? I've heard from different sources, some are really preparing for "something". Some say it's part of the Book of Revelation being fulfilled, others, just part of "what the earth must go through", Let's talk. Would like to hear what you think.

To each his own.......any thoughts welcomed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2009, 08:26 PM

3,580 posts, read 6,304,329 times
I don't think about it at all. The only person that knows the time is God, and Jesus said that.

So, someone says other wise, who is lying the person or Jesus. I take my bet on the people. Jesus never lies.

So, when someone speaks about time or knowing a date, I just trust what Jesus said, that know one knows the time.

Old 06-10-2009, 08:28 PM

1,491 posts, read 3,116,711 times
Personally, I don't lend much creedence to these types of things. It seems every now and then, some catastrophic event is going to take place and the world is going to be either destroyed or go through a Maaco type of face change. Earlier this evening, I was reading information regarding the overthrow of the U.S. by the Illuminati in 2015. Actually, all I am doing is simply waiting patiently to go home to be with my Lord and Savior but in the meantime, trying to share His Gospel to those who will listen. Blessings.

Old 06-10-2009, 08:43 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,706,419 times
I don't think anything significant will happen, but it's possible that when we look back from a broad perspective we will see a significant cultural transition take place - perhaps the beginning of really understanding that all life is intrinsically united and what that means. In that sense, I see it possible that we are in the "end times" with regard to Biblical prophecy, but not the end of life, just the end of a very long era.

who knows, though.

Old 06-10-2009, 08:50 PM

8,831 posts, read 11,623,201 times
Here's what I said a while back about the whole situation:

There's a big difference between worry and just simply paying attention. I'm not worried, for instance, because I'll be gone in the Rapture way before then. Those left behind might need to worry, though, about getting right with God because 2012 will be about 1/2 way through the tribulation and the time the AntiChrist will show his true self and intentions. Might want to read up on what will happen during this time. It's in the Bible.

But what do I know, right? I'm just another doomsdayer and predictor of false dates and times. Been happening for centuries, so what's different about what the millions of Christians who believe the Bible are saying now, as opposed to two hundred years ago? Prophecies being fulfilled, that's what.

And you're right, I don't know the date or time. But I sure do know the season. Look up, for our redemption draws near. Look down, for your damnation draws near. There's still time to look up, so do it now!!! Ask Jesus Christ into your heart and life, repent and believe!! It's not just fire insurance, my friends, it's a better life now and for all eternity.

And then I said this:

If this is true, then that means we are already 3 years into the tribulation. Which means, there is one half of a year left before all hell breaks loose. Which means, that Christ has not returned to rapture out his believers. So, no.....I don't believe that 2012 is the end of the world. I believe we will be raptured out before the beginning of the tribulation and the rise of the AntiChrist, and I'm still here.

Let's just say that this is the year of the rapture. There will be 7 years after the rapture that the AntiChrist will reign, so that means the final end would be in 2015. Although the Mayan calendar has some validity, I wouldn't bet the farm on it.

Not that anyone is listening..............

Old 06-10-2009, 09:26 PM

18,250 posts, read 16,920,340 times
I will tell you the "story" about 2012. The Mayans were phenomenal time-keepers. They had several calendars. One was called the "long count". The Long Count calendar has been counting the number of days passed since 3114 BCE. That's roughly 5,125 or so years ago. Five of these together equal roughly 26,000 years, the time it takes the earth to make one precession, or revolution on its axis, much like a top when it spins and you see the top dip and then straighten. Nothing will happen in 2012. All the calendar is doing is resetting itself like when we go from Dec 31 to Jan 1, except this happens only once every 5000 years, give or take. What makes this one particularly unique is that it's the end of a fifth sun (cycle), or years 21,000 to 26,000 and then we return to year 1 and start another 26,000 year cycle. th-th-th-th-th-that's all, folks!

Last edited by thrillobyte; 06-10-2009 at 09:30 PM.. Reason: additional material

Old 06-10-2009, 10:19 PM

2,949 posts, read 5,500,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
Here's what I said a while back about the whole situation:

I'll be gone in the Rapture way before then. Those left behind might need to worry, though, about getting right with God because 2012 will be about 1/2 way through the tribulation
.....I don't believe that 2012 is the end of the world. I believe we will be raptured out before the beginning of the tribulation and the rise of the AntiChrist, and I'm still here.
There will be 7 years after the rapture that the AntiChrist will reign, so that means the final end would be in 2015.

But what do I know, right?
If you believe you will be raptured BEFORE the start of the tribulation and the tribulation ends in 2015, shouldn`t you have been raptured already?

Last edited by spm62; 06-10-2009 at 10:59 PM..

Old 06-10-2009, 10:52 PM

18,250 posts, read 16,920,340 times
Quote:
If you believe you will be raptured BEFORE the start of the tribulation and the tribulation ends in 2015, shouldn`t you have beed raptured already?
Good observation, spm. Even by Marilyn Agee's very liberal interpretation of the length of the tribulation, which is a shortened trib of 2300 days per Daniel chap. 12, we're still short by about 12 days or so. BY that I mean that if the trib started today it would only be 2288 days until Rosh Hashana, 2015, the supposed date for Christ's return at the end of Armageddon and the start of the Millennium! For full 7-year theorists, the trib should have started last Sept. For advocates of the 2300-day shortened trib, it should have started on May 29th. Either way, pre-tribbers seem to have missed the boat! As Gomer Pyle would say, "Surprise! Surprise!"

Old 06-10-2009, 11:06 PM

4,116 posts, read 3,146,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
What to you have to say on the subject? You being, ANYONE. Scientific minds are welcome. Christians prospective, whoever, or whatever!

Another Y2K? Is it any different? Just hype ? I've heard from different sources, some are really preparing for "something". Some say it's part of the Book of Revelation being fulfilled, others, just part of "what the earth must go through", Let's talk. Would like to hear what you think.

To each his own.......any thoughts welcomed.

I think that's when they believe the world will end but I can't think about it too much because I will go crazy if I do so I try to focus on other things then on the year 2012.

Old 06-10-2009, 11:11 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,761,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
Good observation, spm. Even by Marilyn Agee's very liberal interpretation of the length of the tribulation, which is a shortened trib of 2300 days per Daniel chap. 12, we're still short by about 12 days or so. BY that I mean that if the trib started today it would only be 2288 days until Rosh Hashana, 2015, the supposed date for Christ's return at the end of Armageddon and the start of the Millennium! For full 7-year theorists, the trib should have started last Sept. For advocates of the 2300-day shortened trib, it should have started on May 29th. Either way, pre-tribbers seem to have missed the boat! As Gomer Pyle would say, "Surprise! Surprise!"
Wow, you're making a sweeping statement about pre-tribulationists when 2012 doesnt have anything to do with it. Sure there might be some date setters out there claiming 2012 is the magic year or whatever but 2012 doesn't necessarily have anything to do with it(the rapture or triblulation or whatever) where the bible is concerned.

Maybe the pre-tribers who claim 2012 has something to do with when Christ return have missed the boat ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity