Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2009, 12:32 AM

18,256 posts, read 17,019,303 times

Advertisements

Yes, you're right Iron. It's way off topic and a little mean-spirited , I think. I looked for the edit button to delete the whole post but it's gone. I shouldn't have said those things and especially the big smile at the end. I get carried away sometimes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2009, 02:57 AM

589 posts, read 1,564,821 times
It's very possible 2012 is the arrival of Planet X (Star Wormwood in Rev 8:11) into our solar system... causing widespread death and destruction on earth. The Mayan astrologers may have calculated the return of the "Destroyer" in 2012 and speculated it could end it all.

I think the aftermath of the disaster will usher in the rise of the AC to absolute global power. With the collapse of money he will decree the use of the "Mark" on each person for the electronic debit/credit to one's account.

Last edited by wilvan; 06-11-2009 at 03:18 AM..

Old 06-11-2009, 05:56 AM

221 posts, read 380,505 times
I just learned something because my mother just passed over to heaven.
She was supposed to pass on 2:12, but she passed on 2:11, that is February 11th
of this year. The numbers do not refer to the 'year'. They point to the DAY!
I thought it was all about the year all along. But no!

Also, there is a problem with time zones! It is already tomorrow in Australia.
It can also be tomorrow in Jerusalem, if the hours and minutes at your location in
the USA are later in your day.

So my mother passed on 2:11 in my time zone, but it was 2:12 in Jerusalem, because of the
hours and minutes of the event!

I also learned something. God will direct you right before it happens. Because I was not expecting the earliness of my mother's death, He TURNED me to the phone so that I could call her and talk one last time. He knew that I'd be grieving really badly if I wasn't able to say, at the end of our conversation, "good-bye" one last time. WHAT A PRECIOUS MOMENT! What a wonderful thought from GOD! Praise to Him forever more! What a gift to me, as horrible as I am most of the time!
He also directed other people to do the same as me! My father said that my mother talked on the phone almost the whole day to her sisters who were calling out of the blue....presumably for no reason.

It is so-o-o cool reflecting back at divine care in absolute action!

Hey, I didn't have to call my mother. I was just up, out of bed, before my coffee. Half asleep.
Not wanting to move. I felt this urging, this tremendous pull towards the phone. I could have been selfish and demanded my coffee and tv morning news and weather. But, thankfully, I listened for a change. I was able to receive from God one of the most wonderful gifts that I have ever received in my whole life.

God will direct you before it happens. AND you must listen. You must listen. It will be totally unexpected.

Old 06-11-2009, 06:07 AM

2 posts, read 2,554 times
Nobody knows the future, no one knows whats going to happen. The best thing to do is live your life with love, help others in need, pray everyday and do good things. So when you die you will not have any regret.

Old 06-11-2009, 06:36 AM

11,155 posts, read 15,743,420 times
I agree with art2try. I think the 2012 issue has become for many what the rapture is for others. It's an excuse to look forward instead of the one holy moment, to absolve oneself of trying to solve the problems we have on this planet, and to simply wait around to issue a big "I told you so!" to everyone who doubted.

No one ever knows what's coming and interpretations are often far more literal than reality turns out to be. We should all just engage the moment we have been given on this planet.

Old 06-11-2009, 01:44 PM

4,309 posts, read 6,460,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
Yes, you're right Iron. It's way off topic and a little mean-spirited , I think. I looked for the edit button to delete the whole post but it's gone. I shouldn't have said those things and especially the big smile at the end. I get carried away sometimes.
No, all opinions are welcomed. No need for an apology. I'm just curious. I was listening to a radio station (gospel) in my car sometime ago when I heard the man mentioned a "specific" date when these things are to happen.

I know that God has not revealed a "specific" date in the scriptures, yet there are some who believed this 2012 to be one of some great catastrophic event, others an event, but on a smaller scale.

I know some people that are taking this very seriously and have been "preparing", for lack of a better word, for an event that forthcoming sometime in the near future. The people that I know are very credible people, of military status and/or background. They are taking this very seriously and urge me to do the same.

Like one of them said, "What's the worse case scenario: It's best to have it and don't need it, than to need it and don't have it! Beside, if we are raptured out of here before the "event", you could always leave your stuff to someone else."

Your take..........

Old 06-11-2009, 01:47 PM

23,036 posts, read 34,475,135 times
NO ONE knows when Jesus is coming back But He is coming and when ever it is, I'm ready.

Old 06-11-2009, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
NO ONE knows when Jesus is coming back But He is coming and when ever it is, I'm ready.

!

Old 06-11-2009, 02:02 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,690,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
What to you have to say on the subject? You being, ANYONE. Scientific minds are welcome. Christians prospective, whoever, or whatever!

Another Y2K? Is it any different? Just hype ? I've heard from different sources, some are really preparing for "something". Some say it's part of the Book of Revelation being fulfilled, others, just part of "what the earth must go through", Let's talk. Would like to hear what you think.

To each his own.......any thoughts welcomed.

Well Betsy,here's my thought about this, December 21,2012. A lot of people seem to be makinga big to do out of this date,there are various different scenarios going on that says that the world is going to come to an end on that particular day,well I find that a little hard to believe and here's one of the reasons why,if you get out a calendar and take a look at that date,you will see that December 21,is the winter solstice and that the year 2012 is the end of a 500 year cycle of the Mayan calendar,now that's really no big deal because the Mayan calendar has ended on that date 4 previous times,that Mayan calendar has been around for 2500 years and since the Mayans calendar is an agrarian calendar,it stands to reason that is going to end and begin on the winter solstice.Among native cultures the winter solstice is a time of ending and renewal,so I seriously don't think anything is going to happen on that particular date,but if it does I'll let you know..

Old 06-11-2009, 02:05 PM

Some call it earth changes, a natural cycle that the earth/sun has to go through, the only difference is: that the sun has been "silent" for a while and that along with other factors will cause an increase in weather. Such as worldwide tsunami's, earthquake, hurricanes, floods, etc; causing major cities around about the coastlines to disappear under water. Here's to living in South Florida!! (approximately 1 hour and 1/2 from Key West).

Is this something even the scientist seem baffled about?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity