Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2009, 06:54 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,690,629 times

Advertisements

[quote=Betsey Lane;9544688]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
Well the clouds don't look any different now than they did for the past 60 some years that I know of, still look the same here...
/quote]

yet.

My personal feelings about this, is that I think people are trying to make something out of nothing. It's like the Y2K thing, everybody and their brother was predicting that all the computers were going to crash and planes would fall out of the sky, and yet here we are nine years later and nothing has happened, like I said, people making something out of nothing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2009, 06:36 AM

5,925 posts, read 6,968,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
What to you have to say on the subject?

Yawn,

Old 07-01-2009, 02:00 PM

4,309 posts, read 6,460,026 times

http://www.foxnews.com/search-result...y-alarming.htm

Move on to different issues, nothing's going on here..............truly alarming, or just another regular day at the EPA? Does'nt concern you in the least, okay.

Old 07-01-2009, 02:05 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,705,666 times
I heard 2012 was when the Mayan calender stopped. Some believe it is the end of the world.

Old 07-01-2009, 02:19 PM

Quote:

'Truly Alarming' - FOXNews.com

Move on to different issues, nothing's going on here..............truly alarming, or just another regular day at the EPA? Does'nt concern you in the least, okay.
Like I said earlier, somebody trying to make something out of nothing and this has absolutely nothing to do with 2012.

Old 07-01-2009, 02:35 PM

NASA - New Solar Cycle Prediction I think there's a connection to 2012 and the Sun's cycle. I don't know much about the other stuff, such as the world ending, or the Mayan calender, but I think what NASA is saying about the Solar cycle, and the flaring up of activity, due to begin "around" that time period is worth keeping an eye on if nothing else.

Are'nt we not going to feel the effects here on earth? Such as: Change in weather patterns, intense weather, solar flares that can cause interruption in communication, grids, etc.

I'm not talking about the "hype", for as Believer's in God, we know that no man knows the hour in which He cometh, but we can know the season in which we are living.

Your thoughts.....as a Believer or not.

Last edited by Betsey Lane; 07-01-2009 at 02:43 PM..

Old 07-01-2009, 03:12 PM

There's no mysteries.......only undiscovered truths, here's to hoping you've discovered one today!

Peace and love, Betsey

Old 07-01-2009, 04:35 PM

Quote:
NASA - New Solar Cycle Prediction I think there's a connection to 2012 and the Sun's cycle. I don't know much about the other stuff, such as the world ending, or the Mayan calender, but I think what NASA is saying about the Solar cycle, and the flaring up of activity, due to begin "around" that time period is worth keeping an eye on if nothing else.

Are'nt we not going to feel the effects here on earth? Such as: Change in weather patterns, intense weather, solar flares that can cause interruption in communication, grids, etc.

I'm not talking about the "hype", for as Believer's in God, we know that no man knows the hour in which He cometh, but we can know the season in which we are living.

Your thoughts.....as a Believer or not.

So, where were you 11 years ago during the last cycle of solar flares? The only reason NASA's excited about it is because they would get a better set of picture of it, solar flares happen every 11 years and we're still here from the last cycle of solar flare's.

Old 07-01-2009, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
So, where were you 11 years ago during the last cycle of solar flares? The only reason NASA's excited about it is because they would get a better set of picture of it, solar flares happen every 11 years and we're still here from the last cycle of solar flare's.

11 years ago........I was 28 years old, not caring about much, but self. Forget 11 years ago, today the sun has entered an unexpected lull in activity with few new sunspots, making the coming peak the weakest since 1928!

HERE'S ONE EXAMPLE OF THE WEATHER IN THAT TIME FRAME: The Weather Doctor Book Reviews: Killer 'Cane: The Deadly Hurricane of 1928

It's worth paying attention to, especially if you live in this region, may not be important to you, but for me it is, and my dad, and friends.........

Something is not quite right with the weather, thunderstorms every single day! Intense thunderstorms at the spur of the moment. We actually had hail this far south, can you believe it?

PS: You really think the launching of the latest technology into space is for the sake of "pictures"? Okay.

Old 07-03-2009, 07:43 PM

MINA Breaking News - Russians order Flight Changes, after Massive Magnetic Shift downs Airliners...

More info......some "already" know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity