Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2009, 08:31 AM

1,876 posts, read 2,394,590 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisonminnie View Post
1Jn 4:14 And we' have gazed upon Him, and are testifying that the Father has dispatched the Son, the Saviour of the world.

Which bible are you using, I have a read a few translations and nowhere have I seen the verse translated as

1Jn4:14 As we have gazed upon Him, and are testifying that the Father has dispatched the Son, the Saviour of the elect only, and not the seed of the serpent
He is the Saviour of the elect world, not the devil and His seed, does this read like they are saved from hell ?

Matt 25:

Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2009, 08:32 AM

5,925 posts, read 6,957,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beloved57 View Post
Yeah, not just elect Jews, but Gods elect of all time..of jews and gentiles, but this has nothing to do with the seed of the serpent..

The whole world.

Old 07-22-2009, 09:01 AM

1,876 posts, read 2,394,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
The whole world.
The whole world of the elect, nothing to do with the devil and his chilldren..Here is theri portion:

matt 25:

41Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

Old 07-22-2009, 09:03 AM

14,910 posts, read 17,219,900 times
Quote:
The whole world.
Amen. God bless.

Old 07-22-2009, 11:35 AM

74 posts, read 291,695 times
He's the God of 100%! The God of Creation is a God of Love a God of the Living. As for me personally, I would rather error on the side of Love than condemnation. We have been given the ministry of reconciliation. Let another handle the dangerous ministry of judging God's creation lest we end up like Jonah who was upset at the saving of Nineveh

Like Abraham who prayed not only for Lot but, for the entire Sodom and Gormorah. Let the Love of God have pre-emminence in our desire towards his creation.

Really, if God so chooses, he could eventually spare and purify satan and I don't see where I would have any room to justly complain. I don't know the end of those who are disobedient. It's not my focus. Nor, is it my place to sentence them to eternal separation. I believe that the God I serve is powerful enough to somehow carry out his will which is that none perish.

For sure, I'm just glad that he saved me! Let God save, spare and purify who ever he wants. I'll stand with the angels and rejoice.

God once asked me a question in my spirit. "What if I were to see Judas in the heavens?"

I immediately took the "I know everything, self righteous position that he (Judas Iscariot), was worthy of death. He betrayed you. Even after he walked with you and broke bread with you, he betrayed you. He's worthy of death."

God spoke to my heart and asked, "Who does the Creator's creations belong to and who's the rightful distributor of both good and bad? It's not my job to decide who's worthy of death. My job is to proclaim that by Jesus Christ, all creation has been redeemed."

So we should ask ourselves, Is there a part in us, or a spirit in us that desires to see any part of God's creation destroyed? Then ask ourselves, Why? Is this desire truly from God?

We can find scripture to support anything we want. Jesus said that we search the scripture thinking that in them we can find life. Yet, the scriptures only testify of him. So, rather than abiding only in the letter, let Jesus by the Holy Spirit guide and direct us.

I remember reading, "Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest thou also be like unto him. Answer a fool according to his folly, lest he be wise in his own conceit." Proverbs 26: 5-6

So which is it I asked? When should we answer, when should we not? The answer is only revealed by the leading of the Holy Spirit based on the situation. Which ever applies by the Spirit at a given time. No scripture is of any private interpretation. Scripture can only be revealed by the true Scripture Writer who is God himself.

As for fire and the lake of fire....I submit for consideration the nature of fire, it purifies and refines.

The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. A-men.
Revelation 22:21

Old 07-22-2009, 11:38 AM

14,910 posts, read 17,219,900 times
Great post, dcg123. Thank you for sharing. God bless.

Old 07-22-2009, 11:42 AM

5,925 posts, read 6,957,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcg123 View Post
God once asked me a question in my spirit. "What if I were to see Judas in the heavens?"

The difficulty people have with universalism is in this statement, The judas we see in the bible that betrayed Jesus will not be the judas we will find in the heavens.

The liar will not be a liar anymore, the murderer will not be that anymore.

I will not be the same, you will not be the same, we will be made worthy.

Old 07-22-2009, 11:44 AM

283 posts, read 410,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcg123 View Post
He's the God of 100%! The God of Creation is a God of Love a God of the Living. As for me personally, I would rather error on the side of Love than condemnation. We have been given the ministry of reconciliation. Let another handle the dangerous ministry of judging God's creation lest we end up like Jonah who was upset at the saving of Nineveh

Like Abraham who prayed not only for Lot but, for the entire Sodom and Gormorah. Let the Love of God have pre-emminence in our desire towards his creation.

Really, if God so chooses, he could eventually spare and purify satan and I don't see where I would have any room to justly complain. I don't know the end of those who are disobedient. It's not my focus. Nor, is it my place to sentence them to eternal separation. I believe that the God I serve is powerful enough to somehow carry out his will which is that none perish.

For sure, I'm just glad that he saved me! Let God save, spare and purify who ever he wants. I'll stand with the angels and rejoice.

I immediately took the "I know everything, self righteous position that he (Judas Iscariot), was worthy of death. He betrayed you. Even after he walked with you and broke bread with you, he betrayed you. He's worthy of death."

God spoke to my heart and asked, "Who does the Creator's creations belong to and who's the rightful distributor of both good and bad? It's not my job to decide who's worthy of death. My job is to proclaim that by Jesus Christ, all creation has been redeemed."

So we should ask ourselves, Is there a part in us, or a spirit in us that desires to see any part of God's creation destroyed? Then ask ourselves, Why? Is this desire truly from God?

We can find scripture to support anything we want. Jesus said that we search the scripture thinking that in them we can find life. Yet, the scriptures only testify of him. So, rather than abiding only in the letter, let Jesus by the Holy Spirit guide and direct us.

I remember reading, "Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest thou also be like unto him. Answer a fool according to his folly, lest he be wise in his own conceit." Proverbs 26: 5-6

So which is it I asked? When should we answer, when should we not? The answer is only revealed by the leading of the Holy Spirit based on the situation. Which ever applies by the Spirit at a given time. No scripture is of any private interpretation. Scripture can only be revealed by the true Scripture Writer who is God himself.

As for fire and the lake of fire....I submit for consideration the nature of fire, it purifies and refines.

The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. A-men.
Revelation 22:21
15"For behold,(A) the LORD will come in fire,
and(B) his chariots like the whirlwind,
to render his anger in fury,
and his rebuke with flames of fire.
16For(C) by fire(D) will the LORD enter into judgment,
and by his sword, with all flesh;
and those slain by the LORD shall be many.

Scientificly speaking how does fire purify and what happens to the impurities?

Old 07-22-2009, 01:03 PM

74 posts, read 291,695 times
If universalism will place limitations on God or my beliefs about him I'm sure that I won't fall into that category.....lol

Also, I agree that in heaven we won't know anymore after the flesh. Actually, we should strive to not know after the flesh in our current state of being. Still there's a presence, substance, a light which Jesus Christ gives to everyone upon entering this earthly realm. This substance is eternal. This substance is all knowing. 1 John 1:9

God himself has placed his seed within us. God's seed is God and knows all things. The real me and you is already worthy. We were worthy from the foundations of the world!

Else how did they notice Moses and Elijah on the Mt. of Transfiguration? Had they met them before? How did the rich ruler know Abraham and Lazarus? Not after the flesh for sure.

Fire and the nature fire is used as a metaphor. Many examples in the Bible show and compare God to fire. For our God is a consuming fire. Hebrews 12:29

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fire

Fire is the rapid oxidation of a combustible material releasing heat, light, and various reaction products such as carbon dioxide and water.[1] If hot enough, the gases may become ionized to produce plasma.[2] Depending on the substances alight, and any impurities outside, the color of the flame and the fire's intensity might vary. Fire in its most common form can result in conflagration, which has the potential to cause physical damage through burning.

I'll need to come back...I know that I haven't done these topics justice....must go to work.

God Bless!

Old 07-22-2009, 02:51 PM

193 posts, read 289,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beloved57 View Post
His enlightened [Spirit Taught] people know what it means from comparing scripture with scripture..Jesus didnt taste death for the devil and his children..but only the elect of God..
I was filled with the spirit the day I was baptized in Jesus name.

You cannot reinterpret the scriptures to meet your religion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity