Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2009, 03:51 PM

14,922 posts, read 17,260,626 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Of course, the issue of this being encouragement for believers as if it does not apply to unbelievers is moot. Believers at any given time seem to be the only ones that start getting concerned about whats going on. And unbelievers will find no meaning in the words of encouragement, but the passage applies to them becuse they indeed are promised deliverance, whether they know it or not at the time.

When I was an unbeliever, the passage applied to me, but I did not have any understanding that caused me to see the encouragement for believers since I was not one.

Now that I am a believer, I see that my unbelief did not prevent God from working on me to understand the promise
Right. Unbelievers are assured of the promise, and will eventually "see" and "understand". The True Light which enlightens every man has come into the world. God bless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2009, 03:52 PM

8,989 posts, read 14,595,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
The context card changes nothing.

Ro 8:21 that the creation itself, also, shall be freed from the slavery of corruption into the glorious freedom of the children of God.

There
Ohhhhhhhhh....Did you hear this also? or is it something you believe?

Old 07-20-2009, 03:52 PM

5,925 posts, read 6,964,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
Right. Unbelievers are assured of the promise, and will eventually "see" and "understand". The True Light which enlightens every man has come into the world. God bless.

Yep, and we don't even have to scream context context context.

Old 07-20-2009, 03:54 PM

"23And not only this, but also we ourselves" what does this mean?

23And not only this, but also we ourselves, having (the first fruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting eagerly for our adoption as sons, the redemption of our
body.
Quote:
Can we please leave the presupposition of universalism out of this, for that matter Calvinism just read the verses in the correct context.
Quote:
The context is that the creation is to be delivered and changed into the freedom of the glory of the children of God. I do add related verses as I choose to Fundy. It is my prerogative I like to look at the scriptures as a whole. God bless.

Old 07-20-2009, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
Seriously why read your bible. In fact Christians should just throw away their bibles and make up every kind of nonsense as they go...take everything out of context because it doesn't matter as long as it "FEELS" right

Old 07-20-2009, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
Ohhhhhhhhh....Did you hear this also? or is it something you believe?

I hoped for people that hurt me to be made better before I ever read the bible. No context required.

Old 07-20-2009, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
Yep, and we don't even have to scream context context context.
You know Phazelwood you are absolutely right in fact I am going to take every scripture I see in here out of context because I feel the Holy Spirit told me it's right and you can't disagree with me because afterall I feel it is right and that is what I believe.............In fact I will tell everyone who comes in this forum believer and non believer that they should just read the bible and make up whatever you want it to be and as long as you believe it will be right.

Thank you

Old 07-20-2009, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Seriously why read your bible. In fact Christians should just throw away their bibles and make up every kind of nonsense as they go...take everything out of context because it doesn't matter as long as it "FEELS" right

It's nonsense to you, and that is irrevalent.

Old 07-20-2009, 03:59 PM

Quote:

What you may believe to be nonsense, is not nonsense to other believers, Fundy. Please realize that all do not agree with you, including many Biblical scholars on this subject and passage. Nothing has been taken out of context and you have not shown that it has been God bless.

Old 07-20-2009, 04:01 PM

Quote:
You know Phazelwood you are absolutely right in fact I am going to take every scripture I see in here out of context because I feel the Holy Spirit told me it's right and you can't disagree with me because afterall I feel it is right and that is what I believe.............In fact I will tell everyone who comes in this forum believer and non believer that they should just read the bible and make up whatever you want it to be and as long as you believe it will be right.

Thank you

Good sarcasm sure provides truth, have any more?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity