Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2009, 06:56 PM

11,902 posts, read 3,715,839 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beloved57 View Post
It believes the Gospel..a person cant be spiritual and reject the gospel of God..
Hmm When I see fruit of the spirit talked about I see

Gal 5:22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
Gal 5:23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

The flesh is

Gal 5:19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
Gal 5:20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
Gal 5:21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

They that are Christ's are

Gal 5:24 And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.
Gal 5:25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.

Gal 5:26 Let us not be desirous of vain glory, provoking one another, envying one another.

So it seems that those that display the fruits of the Spirit - do not do the deeds of the flesh, because they are opposites.

The gospel means Good news which is -> Jesus crucified, and risen
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2009, 10:21 PM

1,876 posts, read 2,392,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meerkat2 View Post
Hmm When I see fruit of the spirit talked about I see

Gal 5:22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
Gal 5:23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

The flesh is

Gal 5:19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
Gal 5:20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
Gal 5:21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

They that are Christ's are

Gal 5:24 And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.
Gal 5:25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.
Gal 5:26 Let us not be desirous of vain glory, provoking one another, envying one another.

So it seems that those that display the fruits of the Spirit - do not do the deeds of the flesh, because they are opposites.

The gospel means Good news which is -> Jesus crucified, and risen
A person who doesnt believe the Gospel, doesnt have the Holy Spirit, men can imitate emotions, like joy, peace, sentimental love and ect, but what men cannot imitate is the Truth of the Gospel, which is revealed to Gods elect by the Holy Ghost..

So until I see a truthful testimony of the Gospel, all that joy, love and peace your talking about is from the flesh..

Old 07-23-2009, 10:59 PM

b57

Not your place to judge

Old 07-24-2009, 12:24 AM

Quote:
b57

Not your place to judge

jn 7:

Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment.

Yes it is my right to Judge, as long as its righteously, and it is, because I use the word of God as the standard..

And your judging me, your contradicting the very thing your telling me, what hypocrisy..

Old 07-24-2009, 12:45 AM

I was not judging you - I was just pointing out scripture about the fruits of the spirit and the works of the flesh and the opposition of those.

And said it is not our place to judge.

Mat 7:1 Judge not, that ye be not judged.
Mat 7:2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.
Mat 7:3 And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?
Mat 7:4 Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye?
Mat 7:5 Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.

Last edited by Meerkat2; 07-24-2009 at 12:57 AM..

Old 07-24-2009, 08:25 AM

Quote:
I was not judging you
Yes you did, you judged me in saying i am being judgemental..you call yourself pointing out sin in me, if you give me a verse stating that i should not judge, and yet i am judging against scripture, then your pointing out that i am sinning against that scripture..

I pointed out to you, that Jesus christ commands Judgment from his followers as Long as its righteous Judgment according to the standard of truth..

Jn 7:

Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment.

I am going to listen to Jesus over you any day..I dont care how many verses you wrest out of context to say the believer isnt to Judge, thats not true..

The bible is full of christians Judging things and people..how can one try the spirit as john writes, if they dont use Judgment ??

1 jn 4:

Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

The word try here is the greek word:

dokimazō which means:
to test, examine, prove, scrutinise (to see whether a thing is genuine or not), as metals

to recognise as genuine after examination, to approve, deem worthy

This certainly implies Judging, examining the words of teachers saying they are of God..and thats what I am ging to do for now on until Jesus comes, i dont care how many times you mis appropiate matt 7..

Your doctrine is going to be judged by me wether you or anyone else likes it or not..

Old 07-24-2009, 05:13 PM

B57, we are to seek truth and try the spirits, I agree.

From what I understand, I am to weigh what you say and see if it ties up with scripture, we are all to work out our own salvation with fear and trembling.

All doctrines have scripture that support them - that is why we are told to rightly divide the word of truth.

Your words judge you - my words judge me.

From what I can tell you have condemned most, if not all, of the posters individually, that you have replied to, to eternal damnation just because they do not accept your interpretation of scripture. You seem to be setting yourself up as the judge in Gods place.

Old 07-24-2009, 07:52 PM

Quote:
B57, we are to seek truth and try the spirits, I agree.

From what I understand, I am to weigh what you say and see if it ties up with scripture, we are all to work out our own salvation with fear and trembling.

All doctrines have scripture that support them - that is why we are told to rightly divide the word of truth.

Your words judge you - my words judge me.

From what I can tell you have condemned most, if not all, of the posters individually, that you have replied to, to eternal damnation just because they do not accept your interpretation of scripture. You seem to be setting yourself up as the judge in Gods place.
So Far, I have not read anyone on here that believes the Gospel..

Old 07-24-2009, 08:01 PM

1,711 posts, read 1,904,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beloved57 View Post
So Far, I have not read anyone on here that believes the Gospel..
Beloved, how did you come to the conclusion that one is a seed of the devil or a seed of God from physical birth?

I believe the seed of Christ multiplies like this:
  • 1 Peter 1:23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.
One must hear & believe the World of Life to be born of His Seed.

Old 07-24-2009, 08:12 PM

14,893 posts, read 17,182,682 times
Quote:
Romans 8:19 For all creation is waiting eagerly for that future day when God will reveal who his children really are. 20 Against its will, all creation was subjected to God’s curse. But with eager hope, 21 the creation looks forward to the day when it will join God’s children in glorious freedom from death and decay.
Rejoice! God bless.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity