Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2009, 09:50 AM

23,019 posts, read 34,393,868 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beloved57 View Post
Where does it say that God desires more than the elect to be saved ?

Its quite evident He didnt desire these to be saved Matt 7:

It says it in the Bible....1 Timothy 2:3 "This is good and pleases God our Savior, for He wants EVERYONE to be saved and to understand the truth".
John 3:16 "For the God so loved THE WORLD...........

Matt 7 does not say God does not desire all to be saved, but there is only one way to eternal life with God, and only a few decide to follow that path.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2009, 09:51 AM

6,657 posts, read 8,133,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForHimByHim View Post
You will know the truth in eternity. So it would be wise to forsake the univeralist lie before it is to late.

So are you telling me I should worry about whether I have the right understanding of the truth? I thought you said I didn't need to worry?

Or maybe I don't have to worry if I believe everything you say is the truth?

Sorry, I will believe the scriptures that say God will have all men to be saved, over people who threaten eternal torture for believing the wrong thing.

Old 07-27-2009, 09:58 AM

5,925 posts, read 6,949,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
Sorry, I will believe the scriptures that say God will have all men to be saved, over people who threaten eternal torture for believing the wrong thing.

Believe them or ELSE!!!! Yeah, great news.....

Old 07-27-2009, 09:59 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,308,641 times
All thes threats of eternal torture , sounds no different to what Saul of Tarsus was doing, dragging folk away who opposed his idea of what was right.

Acts 9

1Meanwhile, Saul was still breathing out murderous threats against the Lord's disciples. He went to the high priest 2and asked him for letters to the synagogues in Damascus, so that if he found any there who belonged to the Way, whether men or women, he might take them as prisoners to Jerusalem. 3As he neared Damascus on his journey, suddenly a light from heaven flashed around him. 4He fell to the ground and heard a voice say to him, "Saul, Saul, why do you persecute me?"

"Christian christian why do you slander me"

Old 07-27-2009, 11:45 AM

1,876 posts, read 2,392,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
It says it in the Bible....1 Timothy 2:3 "This is good and pleases God our Savior, for He wants EVERYONE to be saved and to understand the truth".
John 3:16 "For the God so loved THE WORLD...........

Matt 7 does not say God does not desire all to be saved, but there is only one way to eternal life with God, and only a few decide to follow that path.
God wants everyone of His elect to be saved, that is converted, but not the devil and his seed..this is what God wants for them..matt 25:

41Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

Old 07-27-2009, 12:42 PM

257 posts, read 444,123 times
Universalist don't care anything about GOD. They simply enjoy playing games with those who are the Children of GOD. They are all liars.

Having made this point extremely clear, I shall be happy if the unis don't speak to me any more.

Old 07-27-2009, 12:47 PM

14,886 posts, read 17,170,876 times
Quote:
Universalist don't care anything about GOD.
We lift up God and we believe that He accomplishes whatever He purposes to do. He is good, just, righteous, holy, merciful, sovereign, has all power and truth, and He is love. I don't believe that God is a sadist. God bless.

Old 07-27-2009, 01:35 PM

987 posts, read 1,119,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
We lift up God and we believe that He accomplishes whatever He purposes to do. He is good, just, righteous, holy, merciful, sovereign, has all power and truth, and He is love. I don't believe that God is a sadist. God bless.
Amen Shana. God has a desire to the work of His hands. All is out of Him and by Him and for Him. He is LOVE. His mercy endureth forever. He has a desire to the work of His hands and He will do all that He desires for none can stay His hand. He is far wiser, patient, and loving than any of us can ever imagine. Tho he casts aside for a time he will restore His banished ones. When His judgments are in the earth, the inhabitants will learn righteousness.

Not care about God? He is our every breath, our life.

Old 07-27-2009, 01:36 PM

6,370 posts, read 7,034,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beloved57 View Post
God wants everyone of His elect to be saved, that is converted, but not the devil and his seed..this is what God wants for them..matt 25:

41Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:
Hi Beloved. I'm a universalist and I don't believe that the devil CAN be saved. The Devil is a reference to the collective carnal nature of man in my opinion. It is the dross of the metal that shall be removed in the refiners fire. Is is the filth of the garment that will be removed by fuller's soap.

Paul

Old 07-27-2009, 01:46 PM

11,897 posts, read 3,707,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
Hi Beloved. I'm a universalist and I don't believe that the devil CAN be saved. The Devil is a reference to the collective carnal nature of man in my opinion. It is the dross of the metal that shall be removed in the refiners fire. Is is the filth of the garment that will be removed by fuller's soap.

Paul
I agree Paul,
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity