Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2009, 10:26 PM

1,413 posts, read 2,469,533 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by antredd View Post
Here's an update. I am currently hovering around 174-178 pounds. My family, friends, and church members have all noticed how fit I have gotten and how good I am looking. I just keep giving God the glory and praise for working in me and helping me be an inspiration for others.
So glad you are feeling good, and it does give us a boost when people notice. Cheering you on here!!!!!!! Way to go . . . .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2009, 10:59 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,789,470 times
Quote:
Here's an update. I am currently hovering around 174-178 pounds. My family, friends, and church members have all noticed how fit I have gotten and how good I am looking. I just keep giving God the glory and praise for working in me and helping me be an inspiration for others.

We should start a "gym for Christians", if this kind of gym is allowed.

Old 10-19-2009, 10:09 PM

3,532 posts, read 6,441,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post

Thank you. If you read my original post, losing weight is basically making a a lifestyle change. You don't have to go on a diet, but you do have to change the way you eat, and what you eat if I am making sense. When I want to eat pizza, I do. When I want to eat ice cream, I do. It is just that I watch my portions, and I work out at least 5 days a week, with some light weight training.

The secret to losing body fat and unwanted fat around our guts, is to first begin a workout program that allows you to work on losing body fat as fast as possible. This requires an entire body workout. There are many ways to do that, and for me, I just simply started walking on a treadmill, and then I started to do high intense interval training, running for 30 secs, and walking for 90 seconds after the run repeating those intervals about 5 times.

Then I watched my diet. I gave up all high fat fast foods, sodas, and started eating 5 meals spread out a day so that my metabolism could get cranked up. I snack on carrots, almonds, and eat energy bars. I wake up in the morning and drink at least 16 ounces of cold water, because that helps me burn more calories in the morning.

In order for our bodies to function well, I make sure I get plenty of sleep at least 6-7 hours of sleep each night, and I began drinking at least a gallon of water a day. I might post some pix of my for you all to see, but I need to figure out how to post them on here.

Old 10-19-2009, 11:38 PM

1,413 posts, read 2,469,533 times
Please keep us posted.

Old 10-20-2009, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifesigns64 View Post
Please keep us posted.
Ok I will.

Old 10-21-2009, 05:29 AM

2,339 posts, read 4,410,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post

This would be an excellent idea. And YES Tony I DO care! Fitness and health is important. I first started trying to get fit while in church. Well I was just made out to be the worst kind of sinner! I actually went gym in....gasp.......PANTS! OH NO!!! Yeah I could've seen my fat a$$ running on a treadmill in a long skirt! Oh what a sight that would be to see.

Yeah and there is a scripture about our bodies being a temple of the holy spirit. Ummm....what does that say for the fat people who are Christians? The temple is being abused and not cared for.

Old 10-21-2009, 05:36 AM

2,339 posts, read 4,410,401 times
Quote:
Thank you. If you read my original post, losing weight is basically making a a lifestyle change. You don't have to go on a diet, but you do have to change the way you eat, and what you eat if I am making sense. When I want to eat pizza, I do. When I want to eat ice cream, I do. It is just that I watch my portions, and I work out at least 5 days a week, with some light weight training.

The secret to losing body fat and unwanted fat around our guts, is to first begin a workout program that allows you to work on losing body fat as fast as possible. This requires an entire body workout. There are many ways to do that, and for me, I just simply started walking on a treadmill, and then I started to do high intense interval training, running for 30 secs, and walking for 90 seconds after the run repeating those intervals about 5 times.

Then I watched my diet. I gave up all high fat fast foods, sodas, and started eating 5 meals spread out a day so that my metabolism could get cranked up. I snack on carrots, almonds, and eat energy bars. I wake up in the morning and drink at least 16 ounces of cold water, because that helps me burn more calories in the morning.

In order for our bodies to function well, I make sure I get plenty of sleep at least 6-7 hours of sleep each night, and I began drinking at least a gallon of water a day. I might post some pix of my for you all to see, but I need to figure out how to post them on here.

Does the 5 small meals thing actually work? I've been stalled with 25 more pounds to go after losing about 40. I feel like I've tried everything "normal". I am thinking of going drastic. When I lost I also ate stuff I wanted. Like for pizza I'd get the really super thin crust and veggies only. Chinese buffet I'd avoid the desserts and the deep fried stuff. Although I'd still eat an egg roll! I'd rip it open and eat the guts out of it! mmmm... I love the latest myth going around that says exercise will not help you lose weight! Really? Gee....I ran and ran and ran on a treadmill and watched 40 pounds melt off. Now I don't get much exercise. Well intense exercise anyhow. But that is another story.

Old 11-20-2009, 12:21 AM

It has been a month since my last update, and I am maintaining my 175 pound weight. I started weight training right after my last update on October 18th (in fact this is my 6th week of weight training), and my arms are becoming muscular, and my body is looking more toned. My son tonight asked me how muscular do I want to get because he is noticing how my biceps in my arms are growing. Once I figure out how to attach pix to posts, I will let you all see me in my old 38 pants, and how big they look on my new 32 inch waist frame now. Right now, I am not concerned with losing any more weight, I just want to tone up and work on reducing as much body fat (especially around my midsection) as I can to remain healthy and lean for life. Remember what I said before. I am not on a diet; I am just eating healthier. God is good!

Old 11-20-2009, 06:59 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,589,829 times
Quote:

So here's what I did. I simply gave up all fast foods. I used to eat fast foods for lunch and dinner a week about 3-5 times. Since I am a teacher (which alone is a very stressful job) and active at my local church, it was easier for me to get something fast to eat instead of eating healthy since I wouldn't always come directly home after work.

Then I gave up the sugary drinks I loved---rootbeer soda, starbucks frappiccinos, milk shakes, and I started drinking lots of water.

The first week I switched over to eating just salads with lean meats. I began watching my carbs not going over more than 55 carbs per meal.

After 4 weeks I noticed that my 38 waist pants were getting bigger on me.
Dude, really! And if god had anything to do with your weight loss you would still be chowing down Big Mac's and 36 Oz soda's.

Your weight loss is nothing more than a direct result of you stopped putting all the fatty crap and empty calories in your system.

And congratulations of taking charge of your life and your health, as YOU are the only one that can control that.

Last edited by Asheville Native; 11-20-2009 at 07:14 PM..

Old 11-20-2009, 07:12 PM

23,030 posts, read 34,447,980 times
Quote:
It has been a month since my last update, and I am maintaining my 175 pound weight. I started weight training right after my last update on October 18th (in fact this is my 6th week of weight training), and my arms are becoming muscular, and my body is looking more toned. My son tonight asked me how muscular do I want to get because he is noticing how my biceps in my arms are growing. Once I figure out how to attach pix to posts, I will let you all see me in my old 38 pants, and how big they look on my new 32 inch waist frame now. Right now, I am not concerned with losing any more weight, I just want to tone up and work on reducing as much body fat (especially around my midsection) as I can to remain healthy and lean for life. Remember what I said before. I am not on a diet; I am just eating healthier. God is good!
Great news, Praise God!!! Yes God is good ALL the time!!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity