Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-26-2009, 09:20 AM

17,164 posts, read 11,449,872 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
"For just as the new heavens and the new earth Which I make will endure before Me," declares the LORD, "So your offspring and your name will endure. And it shall be from new moon to new moon And from sabbath to sabbath, All mankind will come to bow down before Me," says the LORD.

So saith the UR's that this is the culmination of all that God has in store for ALL mankind,,but is that the end?? Is there anything else that God says?? YES!!

"Then they will go forth and look On the corpses of the men Who have transgressed against Me. For their worm will not die And their fire will not be quenched; And they will be an abhorrence to all mankind."

So saith the Lord, so it shall be.

So it begs the question. How can this be all mankind who has ever lived, when it clearly states that the dead corpses are laying there? Now, the UR's state that this is the "leftover" bodies of the dead physical remains. But that is not what God has said. He said it was those who have transgressed against Him. But, could this mean everyone has transgressed against Him, so it would literally be ALL mankind who are the corpses? Why would these be an abhorrence, or in other words,,repulsing to look at?

And why would this be the very last verses in Isaiah? Isaiah is widely known as a condensation of the entire bible, which is why it is quoted so often, even by Jesus as He was fulfilling it. So the last verse in Isaiah says that ALL mankind will look upon the corpses of those who have sinned against God, without a covering by the Blood because they are in the fire, and that the believers are repulsed by what they see. Any thoughts?

Have you ever sinned against God? But in Christ, that old man is put to death and new man is being raised. And you look on that old man with abhorrence. All mankind will experience this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2009, 09:22 AM

5,925 posts, read 6,967,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
Bottom line kat,
If you die in your sin, you are dead in your sin, forever separated from God.
If you die a faithful, obedient child of God...an overcomer of sin, having lived in the righteousness of Christ, then when you die, you are dead free from sin. Period.

Well, that is the problem with exclusionary doctrines that contradict Jesus success in saving the world.

There has to be more to our accountability than just this. No one can be forever separated from God if Jesus succeeds in saving the world.

That's where the rubber meets the road, do you believe Jesus will succeed as "Saviour of the World" to the degree of a 100% success or not?

If Not, then you have absolutely no assurance that dying and having even one itsy bitsy sin you kept gaurded in your heart and unreprented of won't damn you as well. Doesn't matter how insignificant it is.

You can stake your claim and dig your trench otherwise, but it doesn't prove anything.

Old 09-26-2009, 09:34 AM

4,309 posts, read 6,459,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
TKC already noted that the Lord does not cast off forever.

But further more, don't you believe God desires to save all men Betsey?

If this is true, then why does God change His mind about saving all at the point of death? Is God a man that He should change His mind like the wind changes direction? Does God's purpose and plan change?

Yes!! His desire is to save all men! But how else does He enter, but by answering? YOU answering, ME answering the CONSTANT knocking?

Why did He send His Son to die an earthly death if He was just going to turn around and Save everyone anyhow?

Is that what His dying on the cross means to you? Could'nt you have sent YOUR son instead, or ME mines?

What is wrong with you people?

Old 09-26-2009, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
Yes!! His desire is to save all men! But how else does He enter, but by answering? YOU answering, ME answering the CONSTANT knocking?

Why did He send His Son to die an earthly death if He was just going to turn around and Save everyone anyhow?

Is that what His dying on the cross means to you? Could'nt you have sent YOUR son instead, or ME mines?

What is wrong with you people?

How do you think Jesus will be 100% successful at saving the world?

Old 09-26-2009, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Because sending His Son was His plan for saving everyone. Are you saying His plan for saving people is only a valid and good plan if it saves just a very few?

Old 09-26-2009, 09:48 AM

4,883 posts, read 6,231,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
"For just as the new heavens and the new earth Which I make will endure before Me," declares the LORD, "So your offspring and your name will endure. And it shall be from new moon to new moon And from sabbath to sabbath, All mankind will come to bow down before Me," says the LORD.

So saith the UR's that this is the culmination of all that God has in store for ALL mankind,,but is that the end?? Is there anything else that God says?? YES!!

"Then they will go forth and look On the corpses of the men Who have transgressed against Me. For their worm will not die And their fire will not be quenched; And they will be an abhorrence to all mankind."

So saith the Lord, so it shall be.

So it begs the question. How can this be all mankind who has ever lived, when it clearly states that the dead corpses are laying there? Now, the UR's state that this is the "leftover" bodies of the dead physical remains. But that is not what God has said. He said it was those who have transgressed against Him. But, could this mean everyone has transgressed against Him, so it would literally be ALL mankind who are the corpses? Why would these be an abhorrence, or in other words,,repulsing to look at?

And why would this be the very last verses in Isaiah? Isaiah is widely known as a condensation of the entire bible, which is why it is quoted so often, even by Jesus as He was fulfilling it. So the last verse in Isaiah says that ALL mankind will look upon the corpses of those who have sinned against God, without a covering by the Blood because they are in the fire, and that the believers are repulsed by what they see. Any thoughts?
That already occurred in 70AD...the bodies were stacked so high there was no place to put them...they received the judgment that Jesus told them would receive when they were put in Gehenna.

Old 09-26-2009, 10:02 AM

4,309 posts, read 6,459,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Have you ever sinned against God? But in Christ, that old man is put to death and new man is being raised. And you look on that old man with abhorrence. All mankind will experience this.

Is this some kind of a new twist? We will be literally looking down at the "old men" that was cast off us, put to death? Wow!

Stop it people! There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.

You want to hear what you want to hear instead of relying on the words of God:

Some of you want a feel good story that's only going to acknowledge what your deceiving minds can perceive this side of the kingdom:

You want a reason to keep on sinning and not make the appropriate changes you know you need to make in this life before meeting YOUR MAKER:

Sin is sweet and some of you LOVE IT and will find any good reason to keep on eating that sweet candy, even it means twisting the scriptures to suit your own corrupted taste buds:

For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;

But realize this, that in the last days difficult times will come.

People we are here..............It's time to get real and truthful with yourselves.

Old 09-26-2009, 10:13 AM

8,186 posts, read 6,972,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post

Romans 14:11 For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God. (shall confess, in other translations also reads "give praise"

Phillipians 2:10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;

Isaiah 45:23 I have sworn by Myself, The word has gone forth from My mouth in righteousness And will not turn back, That to Me every knee will bow, every tongue will swear allegiance.

This is the GOOD news.
All the dross will be destroyed.
Your brothers and sisters... every single human being....will one day be RECONCILED to God.
You can't deny it.
Have Faith.
And rest in His arms.
Let His peace that surpasses all understanding fill your heart once and for all.
Believe Him when He says "Every tongue will swear allegiance"!! Allegiance - Devotion or loyalty.

EVERY TONGUE WILL SWEAR DEVOTION AND LOYALTY TO GOD!

Hallelujah!!!!

Some anonymous person just sent me the following comment regarding what I posted above.

Quote:
Nice try....but satan' strategy using such distractions as manipulating w/the love god & now w/the false hope of reconcilation will be destroyed. Jesus' power in His people will always overcome all the darkness of satan strategies!
Satan's strategy?

Isaiah 45:23 I have sworn by Myself, The word has gone forth from My mouth in righteousness And will not turn back, That to Me every knee will bow, every tongue will swear allegiance.

It's Isaiah 45:23, NOT Satan 45:23
It's Romans 14:11, NOT Satan 14:11
Phillipians 2:10, NOT satan 2:10

I have sworn by Myself...
The word has gone forth from my mouth...
in righteousness..
and will NOT TURN BACK...
that to me,
EVERY KNEE
**WILL** Bow.
EVERY TONGUE
**WILL**
swear allegiance.

This is GOOD NEWS and nothing BUT GOOD NEWS.

For those out there lurking...

I am sure it is very plain who is speaking truth in this thread, and who is under a cloud of confusion.

Truth is not hypocritical.
Perfect love casts out all fear.

The idea that God IS love, yet God will allow a lot of folks to be tortured for all eternity, or separated from Him forever is the absolute EPITOME of hypocrisy.

It's as plain as the nose on your face.

1. Perfect love casts out ALL fear. Not just some fear. It casts out ALL FEAR.

2. God is not the author of confusion.

peace.

Old 09-26-2009, 10:14 AM

Quote:

God sent his son to be Saviour of the world, He will be 100% successful in his mission.

The false hoods that we need to concentrate on is the fact that the means by which this truth in scripture happens will not be pleasant for everyone.

Those who teach that we can just skate through life without accountability are the false teachers. Christians who believe the contradiction to Pauls life that you do not have sin in you just because your a believer, that is false.

We could compile a great list of things, and within each of our perspectives there is something in what we believe that hinders not only ourselves but those we contact.

The question is, when will believers in Jesus, believe the true nature of his power in the most insecribable positive sense.

What I see is warnings of doom that Jesus fails to save the world, not warnings that actually carve the spirit to a higher level.

Old 09-26-2009, 10:19 AM

Hi Betsey. I realize I sort of jumped into this conversation midstream and you don't know me from Eve, so it's no surprise that you would have some questions about where I stand.

Quote:
Is this some kind of a new twist? We will be literally looking down at the "old men" that was cast off us, put to death? Wow!
I read that passage as being fulfilled in a spiritual sense, as I have described. I believe the language there is symbolic.

Quote:
Stop it people! There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.

Some of you want a feel good story that's only going to acknowledge what your deceiving minds can perceive this side of the kingdom:

You want a reason to keep on sinning and not make the appropriate changes you know you need to make in this life before meeting YOUR MAKER:

Sin is sweet and some of you LOVE IT and will find any good reason to keep on eating that sweet candy, even it means twisting the scriptures to suit your own corrupted taste buds:

For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
The fact that you take what I shared to be my way of continuing to live sinfully doesn't make any sense to me. As a Christian, living in the knowledge of God's love and grace and the sacrifice Jesus Christ has made for me, I very much look at my old man of sin with abhorrence. I am grateful that every day the Father is dealing with my sin, saving me from it, and raising me up in the "New Man" He has created within me through Jesus Christ. I do not revel in my sinful condition but look forward with hopeful expectation to the day when this process will be complete. I also take great joy in knowing that God has promised that ALL PEOPLE will experience this very same thing.

I understand that you do not agree that God will do this for all, but to equate my belief that Jesus has come to conquer sin in ALL with a love of sin is nonsensical.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity