Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-25-2009, 07:39 PM

8,186 posts, read 6,985,490 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post

ET: If you don't believe.... you are going to hell.
UR: If you don't believe.... the Lord will heal your broken soul.

Yes. Which one speaks of Love?
Again, it's as plain as the nose on your face.
Our Father IS the Good Shepherd.
He will ALWAYS leave the 99 to search for and find the ONE that is lost.
ALWAYS.

Peace ya'll.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2009, 07:41 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,574,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
sparrow...It's a glorious night for tthe children of God!

Tonight, through corresponding with Ironmaw, God has shown me yet again how He has faithfully, ALWAYS revealed His truth to me...because I have earnestly sought Him and His ways and desires above and beyond any man..and I rely and trust in Him fully, with all of my heart, and all of my strength, and all of my might!

I do know what the truth is...and God has brought the truth out here...right here in this thread...between Ironmaw and myself...God's Truth WON!!! Satan's lies LOST!!! HALLELUJUAH!!! PRAISE HIS HOLY NAME FOREVER!!!

And Peace to you sparrow as well!
Verna.
Did I miss something? What ever it is it that happened sounds good!

I am glad you are happy!

Old 09-25-2009, 07:45 PM

8,186 posts, read 6,985,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
No, you got to come my friend, you've got to call and confess the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, you know that.
Yes and how delightful that it says so right here:

Romans 14:11 For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God. (shall confess, in other translations also reads "give praise"

Phillipians 2:10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;

Isaiah 45:23 I have sworn by Myself, The word has gone forth from My mouth in righteousness And will not turn back, That to Me every knee will bow, every tongue will swear allegiance.

This is the GOOD news.
All the dross will be destroyed.
Your brothers and sisters... every single human being....will one day be RECONCILED to God.
You can't deny it.
Have Faith.
And rest in His arms.
Let His peace that surpasses all understanding fill your heart once and for all.
Believe Him when He says "Every tongue will swear allegiance"!! Allegiance - Devotion or loyalty.

EVERY TONGUE WILL SWEAR DEVOTION AND LOYALTY TO GOD!

Hallelujah!!!!

Old 09-25-2009, 07:46 PM

6,657 posts, read 8,162,422 times
Quote:
Proove it...with Scripture....and I want to see it say that a person has a second chance after he has died, in the ground, without being right with God BEFORE he died.
Verna,

Does God desire to save all men? 1 Tim 2:4 says He does.

If you can humble yourself for a moment, ask yourself why God's character changes when a man dies and now God desires to NOT save that same man. Is God a man that He should change his mind? Does God's purpose change with the wind?

Please read post #92.

Old 09-25-2009, 07:47 PM

1,711 posts, read 1,909,362 times
Quote:
This is what He ( He being Christ HIMSELF) said thereafter: And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity. True
"The LORD will not cast off forever". True.

Old 09-25-2009, 07:54 PM

6,657 posts, read 8,162,422 times
Quote:
This is what He ( He being Christ HIMSELF) said thereafter: And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity. True
TKC already noted that the Lord does not cast off forever.

But further more, don't you believe God desires to save all men Betsey?

If this is true, then why does God change His mind about saving all at the point of death? Is God a man that He should change His mind like the wind changes direction? Does God's purpose and plan change?

Old 09-25-2009, 08:08 PM

5,261 posts, read 7,687,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
Did I miss something? What ever it is it that happened sounds good!

I am glad you are happy!
Oh yes! After Ironmaw had so many horrible things to say to me concerning my faith, and my knowledge of the Scriptures...trying to degrade me...he gave a verse that he said proved that a man could be saved after he was dead in the ground...he twisted this verse so bad I almost fell out of my chair...it is priceless!!!!

God's truth won!! Satan's lies lost!! And this will ALWAYS be!! Read: (It's post #181!!) Then Ironmaw suddenly bowed out...! I probably would have dissappeared too if I were him...

Quote:Verna
If anyone rejects God's Truth upon hearing it, and they die before recieving Him, TOO LATE!! NOW YOU PROOVE THAT THEY HAVE A SECOND CHANCE AFTER THEY HAVE BEEN LAID SIX FEET UNDER!! YOU HAVE FAILED MISERABLY IN SHOWING ME WHERE IN THE BIBLE IT STATES THIS!!![/quote]

[quote=Ironmaw] 1Pe 4:6
For this is the reason the gospel is preached even to those who are now dead, so that they might be judged according to men in regard to the body, but live according to God in regard to the spirit [/quote]

...And here we have it folks...LOOK! Ironmaws explanation...FINALLY! we get it out of him....LOL!!!!!

Oh, um, excuse me Ironmaw...I got a lttle excited there for a moment...but for your information...this just happens to be talking about the living who are dead spiritually...?...LOL!!

...But that's o.k....I understand....you may need to go take a laxative now............

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw
There ya go, i don't know how you missed it but i have quoted it many of times as have many others. Your wrong again ...

Verna: OH BOY IRONMAW...have you ever quoted it this time...you really blew it!!! Now....wiggle out of this...

Quote:
Learning the truth is never a waste of time. Humble yourself and let the spirit into your heart and fill you with the love of God for all things. Then you will understand why your false doctrine is not the true Gospel of Christ.

Verna: Yes, You may want to do that...

Thank you sweet Jesus!!! You have proven once again how You do take care of your own!!! Praise His Holy Name!!!

Old 09-25-2009, 08:19 PM

5,261 posts, read 7,687,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thy Kingdom Come View Post
  • Ezekiel 16:49 Sodom's sins were pride, laziness, and gluttony, while the poor and needy suffered outside her door. 50 She was proud and did loathsome things, so I wiped her out, as you have seen.
  • 51 "Even Samaria did not commit half your sins. You have done far more loathsome things than your sisters ever did. They seem righteous compared to you! 52 You should be deeply ashamed because your sins are so terrible. In comparison, you make your sisters seem innocent!
  • 53 "But someday I will restore the fortunes of Sodom and Samaria, and I will restore you, too. 54 Then you will be truly ashamed of everything you have done, for your sins make them feel good in comparison.
  • 55 Yes, your sisters, Sodom and Samaria, and all their people will be restored, and at that time you also will be restored.
  • 56 In your proud days you held Sodom in contempt. 57 But now your greater wickedness has been exposed to all the world, and you are the one who is scorned--by Edom [fn] and all her neighbors and by Philistia. 58 This is your punishment for all your disgusting sins, says the LORD. 59 "Now this is what the Sovereign LORD says: I will give you what you deserve, for you have taken your solemn vows lightly by breaking your covenant.
  • 60 Yet I will keep the covenant I made with you when you were young, and I will establish an everlasting covenant with you. 61 Then you will remember with shame all the evil you have done. I will make your sisters, Samaria and Sodom, to be your daughters, even though they are not part of our covenant.
God, through the prophet Ezekiel, is using the similitude of a wretched infant, to show the natural state of Jerusalem...and He extends His extraordinary love toward her. Then she betrays Him with her *****dom, and He pours out His judgement upon her...her sins exceeding those of her mother and her sisters, Sodom and Samaria...all called for judgments, and then, in the end, mercy is promised to Jerusalem.

This Chapter does not prove that one can be saved after death.

Old 09-25-2009, 08:26 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,574,908 times
Quote:
Oh yes! After Ironmaw had so many horrible things to say to me concerning my faith, and my knowledge of the Scriptures...trying to degrade me...he gave a verse that he said proved that a man could be saved after he was dead in the ground...he twisted this verse so bad I almost fell out of my chair...it is priceless!!!!

God's truth won!! Satan's lies lost!! And this will ALWAYS be!! Read: (It's post #181!!) Then Ironmaw suddenly bowed out...! I probably would have dissappeared too if I were him...

If anyone rejects God's Truth upon hearing it, and they die before recieving Him, TOO LATE!! NOW YOU PROOVE THAT THEY HAVE A SECOND CHANCE AFTER THEY HAVE BEEN LAID SIX FEET UNDER!! YOU HAVE FAILED MISERABLY IN SHOWING ME WHERE IN THE BIBLE IT STATES THIS!!!

Quote:
1Pe 4:6
For this is the reason the gospel is preached even to those who are now dead, so that they might be judged according to men in regard to the body, but live according to God in regard to the spirit
...And here we have it folks...LOOK! Ironmaws explanation...FINALLY! we get it out of him....LOL!!!!!

Oh, um, excuse me Ironmaw...I got a lttle excited there for a moment...but for your information...this just happens to be talking about the living who are dead spiritually...?...LOL!!

...But that's o.k....I understand....you may need to go take a laxative now............

Quote:
There ya go, i don't know how you missed it but i have quoted it many of times as have many others. Your wrong again ...

Verna: OH BOY IRONMAW...have you ever quoted it this time...you really blew it!!! Now....wiggle out of this...

Quote:
Learning the truth is never a waste of time. Humble yourself and let the spirit into your heart and fill you with the love of God for all things. Then you will understand why your false doctrine is not the true Gospel of Christ.

Verna: Yes, You may want to do that...

Thank you sweet Jesus!!! You have proven once again how You do take care of your own!!! Praise His Holy Name!!!
Oh Good Lord... I thought you had something nice to say... Gloating Gloating Gloating. That right there is how you tell a good spirit from a bad.

Quote:
1Pe 4:6
For this is the reason the gospel is preached even to those who are now dead, so that they might be judged according to men in regard to the body, but live according to God in regard to the spirit
Twisting? Yikes... Those spiritually dead are judged according to MEN regarding the BODY, but live in the spirit according to GOD.

The gospel is preached so that the DEAD IN SPIRIT can recognize and live by the spirit God already gave them....

No twisting... I'm saying the same thing as the verse. There is no need for a torture chamber/annihilation because they will be judged according to men in body... like a cut of hand if the steal... you know man's laws....

What's with that "but live according to God in regard to the spirit" and what does it mean to you?

Last edited by katjonjj; 09-25-2009 at 08:29 PM.. Reason: quotes all messed up

Old 09-25-2009, 08:26 PM

1,711 posts, read 1,909,362 times
Quote:
And here we have it folks...LOOK! Ironmaws explanation...FINALLY! we get it out of him....LOL!!!!! This is too good to be true!!!

I just read three commentaries (all ETers I suppose) and 2/3 agree with Ironmaw while the third calls that verse "a diffucult place" and explains both literally and spiritually. My question is.... Do your sarcasm, scorn and LOL's apply to these ET'ers too?

Jamieson, Fausset & Brown

6. For--giving the reason for 1Pe 4:5 , "judge the dead."
gospel preached also to . . . dead--as well as to them now living, and to them that shall be found alive at the coming of the Judge. "Dead" must be taken in the same literal sense as in 1Pe 4:5
, which refutes the explanation "dead" in sins.

David Gusik

i. Peter has already told us that Jesus preached to the spirits in prison, preaching a message of judgment (1 Peter 3:19). Apparently during this same time, Jesus also preached a message of salvation to the faithful dead in Abraham’s Bosom (Luke 16:22) who anticipated the work of the Messiah for them.

ii. This preaching to those who are dead was not the offer of a second chance, but the completion of the salvation of those who

Matthew Henry

2. That for this cause was the gospel preached also to those that are dead, that they might be judged according to men in the flesh, but live according to God in the Spirit, v. 6. Some understand this difficult place thus: For this cause was the gospel preached to all the faithful of old, who are now dead in Christ, that thereby they might be taught and encouraged to bear the unrighteous judgments and persecutions which the rage of men put upon them in the flesh, but might live in the Spirit unto God.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity