Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2009, 01:35 PM

33,221 posts, read 26,417,924 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
Well said noland123. People can drift too far from God, including backsliders, so that they may never get back to shore. It's extremely dangerous.

Amen! It's faith in the the blood of Jesus that cleanses the sinner of all sin.

Regarding losing one's salvation, the prophet Ezekiel gives the answer.

Ezekiel 18
26 When a righteous man turneth away from his righteousness, and committeth iniquity, and dieth in them; for his iniquity that he hath done shall he die.
27 Again, when the wicked man turneth away from his wickedness that he hath committed, and doeth that which is lawful and right, he shall save his soul alive.
28 Because he considereth, and turneth away from all his transgressions that he hath committed, he shall surely live, he shall not die.
To the contrary. Ezekiel 18 is not about losing your salvation at all. Rather it is about temporal judgment. One need only do some basic research on these passages that they think are talking about loss of salvation?

The Doctrine of Repentance In the Old Testament | Bible.org; NET Bible, Bible Study

The Soul That Sins Shall Die (Ezekiel 18) (http://www.faithalone.org/news/y1991/91jan2.html - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2009, 02:19 PM

5,438 posts, read 5,941,910 times
satan and the fallen angels were once in good standing with God. Yet, they lost it -- and that is in agreement with the principle of Ezekiel 18-26. So, with this in mind, why would God allow any other willful sinner into His Heaven now?

Last edited by scgraham; 11-29-2009 at 02:50 PM..

Old 11-29-2009, 03:02 PM

33,221 posts, read 26,417,924 times
Quote:
satan and the fallen angels were once in good standing with God. Yet, they lost it -- and is in agreement with Ezekiel 18-26. So, with this in mind, why would God allow any other willful sinner into His Heaven now?
This has been addressed before on one thread or another, but one more time.

Satan and the fallen angels did not lose salvation. Before they rebelled against God, they were not in need of salvation, because they had done nothing that required God to provide salvation for them. It wasn't until after they rebelled, that God provided some form of salvation for them. We aren't told anything about what that might have been. And obviously, they chose not to be restored to their relationship with God. Some say that God didn't offer salvation to the fallen angels, but I think that the character of God would have motivated Him to make the offer of the restoration of their relationship with Him.

It is the exact same thing as with Adam. Adam had been created by God in a state of human perfection. Adam had a perfect relationship with God before he disobeyed God, just as Lucifer had had a perfect relationship with God before he rebelled. When Adam disobeyed God, he lost his relationship with God and then was in need of salvation. Once Adam was saved, he could not lose his salvation.

It is a very simple thing to understand.

Old 11-29-2009, 04:11 PM

2,741 posts, read 8,882,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Totton Linnet View Post
"Jesu's sheep hear His voice and they follow Him, a strangers voice they will flee from"
I do not believe anybody can wilfully sin once they are saved, there are consequences and painful ones too, but they do not include damnation.
You are of those who will trouble the weakest of God's flock making them to fear and doubt, God will punish you for it.

"NO man snatches them out of My Father's hand, My Father is greater than all"

Huh? Nobody can willfully sin, once they are saved? Where did you get that idea from? It's all too obvious that lot's of Christians have willfully sinned...nobody held a gun to their head...they wanted to sin...

And yes, while no man can snatch them out of the Father's hand, that does not stop a few of them from jumping out themselves...

Bud

Old 11-29-2009, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BudinAk View Post
Huh? Nobody can willfully sin, once they are saved? Where did you get that idea from? It's all too obvious that lot's of Christians have willfully sinned...nobody held a gun to their head...they wanted to sin...

And yes, while no man can snatch them out of the Father's hand, that does not stop a few of them from jumping out themselves...

Bud
Well said.

Old 11-29-2009, 04:24 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,277,299 times
I think we naturally sin when we move from faith in His grace to believing we can earn or deserve something , all our short comings stem from this. We can deny it as much as we like that we have drawn ourselves under the Law when we fall short , worry and not trusting Him in all areas of our lives but it's the truth , we have moved from grace to the Law.

Last edited by pcamps; 11-29-2009 at 04:32 PM..

Old 11-29-2009, 04:27 PM

170 posts, read 198,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BudinAk View Post

Bud
It is utter tripe, show me one word in the gospels about anybody jumping out of God's hand. Honestly every time there is a new translation of the bible, everybody is out with their spy glass looking to see if one jot or one tittle has been added to the sacred record, but YOU add utter nonsense about jumping out of God's hand.

I made it perfectly plain to a blind man that sin has consequences.

Old 11-29-2009, 04:35 PM

Quote:
It is utter tripe, show me one word in the gospels about anybody jumping out of God's hand. Honestly every time there is a new translation of the bible, everybody is out with their spy glass looking to see if one jot or one tittle has been added to the sacred record, but YOU add utter nonsense about jumping out of God's hand.

I made it perfectly plain to a blind man that sin has consequences.
Demas turned back because he loved this old world.

For Demas hath forsaken me, having loved this present world, and is departed unto Thessalonica; Crescens to Galatia, Titus unto Dalmatia. - 2 Timothy 4:10

Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him. - 1 John 2:15

Old 11-29-2009, 04:47 PM

170 posts, read 198,818 times
Quote:
Demas turned back because he loved this old world.

For Demas hath forsaken me, having loved this present world, and is departed unto Thessalonica; Crescens to Galatia, Titus unto Dalmatia. - 2 Timothy 4:10

Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him. - 1 John 2:15
So did Judas, Judas was never saved, even if Demas was saved it says not a thing about salvation. I think people that turn back were never saved. Judas is their picture.

Old 11-29-2009, 04:53 PM

Quote:
So did Judas, Judas was never saved, even if Demas was saved it says not a thing about salvation. I think people that turn back were never saved. Judas is their picture.
Judas was indeed saved at one time, or else he never would have been given authority to heal the sick or cast out devils. You can't have God's power if you're not right with Him.

OSAS is a doctrine of devils.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity