Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2009, 06:04 PM

32,533 posts, read 22,131,887 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
HotinAz so you have gone from saying "It was referring to those in Christ" , which i hope after you re read the portion of scripture you realize it wasn't, to now disputing the word reconciled .

God is reconciled to us through what He accomplished on the Cross, this is so clear , we need from our side to to come to the knowlege of it to experience this reconciliation . 1 Tim 4 :9,10 and 1 Tim 2 : 4

Reconciling means what God was doing in Christ . I understand why you are saying what you are saying because if you accept that He was in Christ accomplishing Salvation for all mankind it pulls the rug from under you regarding what you believe.

We also know that John the Baptist said Behold the Lamb of God that takes away the sin of the world.

We also know that He is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.
Why not just say that He was for the whole world and let it at that...unless the author was differentiateing between eternal and temporal...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2009, 06:06 PM

32,533 posts, read 22,131,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
I agree! Read what you said here HotinAZ, it is God's plan to a tee and it sounds very URish.

We are dead UNTIL we come back home. It just takes some longer than others. The prodigal son parable is very applicable here as well.

God is reconciling the world to himself. It won't be done UNTIL we will all come back home.
So, when were we home?

Old 12-23-2009, 01:26 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,558,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
So, when were we home?
I think the span of time is something you are not grasping. Perhaps the description of the span of time mentioned.. eternal does not apply to after death but during life.

The bible deals with some carnal things but for the most part it is teaching spiritual truths for use in everyday life.

When the focus is on the after life a person may mist the original message of the bible..

Don't you think?

So when a universalist states that all are saved isn't it possible that anyone who comes to the same spiritual truth is saved, or has knowledge of God.

I personally believe there is no way to know what happens in the afterlife so why focus on it.

Universalism to me is the opportunity to take advantage of a long and prosperous life with knowledge of God.

Old 12-23-2009, 01:47 PM

5,303 posts, read 6,450,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post

So when a universalist states that all are saved isn't it possible that anyone who comes to the same spiritual truth is saved, or has knowledge of God.
Quote:
Universalism to me is the opportunity to take advantage of a long and prosperous life with knowledge of God.
I addressed 1 Tim 4 here:

https://www.city-data.com/forum/chris...l#post12135718

Quote:
I personally believe there is no way to know what happens in the afterlife so why focus on it.
So why preach redemption of unbelievers after they die?
Why preach Satan and fallen angels redemption after the ages?

This is heresy.

Old 12-23-2009, 10:45 PM

598 posts, read 918,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
If You Don't Believe God is Going to Save All Mankind then you'll go to hell for ever.
Did God actually say that?

For people like you, who takes habits of insulting others in God's name, had committed blasphemy. The punishment for you will be severe.

Old 12-23-2009, 11:00 PM

1 posts, read 1,111 times
What a funny thread. Thanks for lightening up my evening.. lol

Old 12-24-2009, 09:34 AM

1,413 posts, read 2,469,790 times
Heb.10:31
"31 It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God."

Old 12-24-2009, 10:14 AM

1,711 posts, read 1,907,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifesigns64 View Post
Heb.10:31
"31 It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God."

That's true but it's not evalasting torment.
  • Hebrews 10:30 For we know him that hath said, Vengeance belongeth unto me, I will recompense, saith the Lord. And again, The Lord shall judge his people. 31 It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.
In what fashion will the LORD judge His people upon whom He takes vengeance?
  • Deuteronomy 32:32 For their vine is of the vine of Sodom And of the fields of Gomorrah; Their grapes are grapes of gall, Their clusters are bitter. 33 Their wine is the poison of serpents, And the cruel venom of cobras. 34 Is this not laid up in store with Me, Sealed up among My treasures? 35 Vengeance is Mine, and recompense; Their foot shall slip in due time; For the day of their calamity is at hand, And the things to come hasten upon them. 36 For the LORD will judge His people And have compassion on His servants, When He sees that their power is gone, And there is no one remaining, bond or free. 37 He will say: 'Where are their gods, The rock in which they sought refuge?
Believers who do not prepare themselves -- reap with the unbelievers -- many stripes or few stripes, not everlasting stripes.
  • Luke 12:45 But and if that servant say in his heart, My lord delayeth his coming; and shall begin to beat the menservants and maidens, and to eat and drink, and to be drunken; 46 The lord of that servant will come in a day when he looketh not for him, and at an hour when he is not aware, and will cut him in sunder, and will appoint him his portion with the unbelievers. 47 And that servant, which knew his lord's will, and prepared not [himself], neither did according to his will, shall be beaten with many stripes. 48 But he that knew not, and did commit things worthy of stripes, shall be beaten with few stripes. For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required: and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more. 49 I am come to send fire on the earth; and what will I, if it be already kindled?

Old 12-24-2009, 10:17 AM

988 posts, read 1,906,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BudinAk View Post
Uh...wait a second. If God is going to save ALL mankind, then that includes the ones that don't think He is going to save all mankind. Right?

Bud

Please do not confuse the man with logic - it may hurt his head.

HK

Old 12-24-2009, 12:12 PM

1,711 posts, read 1,907,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harold Kupp View Post
Please do not confuse the man with logic - it may hurt his head.

HK
Quote:
Uh...wait a second. If God is going to save ALL mankind, then that includes the ones that don't think He is going to save all mankind. Right?
Yes, obviously. I suspect the OP was tongue in cheek.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity