Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-17-2009, 03:02 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,283,016 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post

It's not ok to murder, it's not ok to sin, it's not ok to say that it is ok!! Christ died for our sins, but we cannot continue in those sins....we must repent and never do it again! If we don't and God knows our heart is impure and insincere, then we die in our sins and go to a burning, fiery eternal hell. It is what it is, and that's what the Bible says, like it or not.
That's a pretty bold statement which if you really believe to be true , you will be bound by your own confession.

Like it or not this is what the bible says.

6You see, at just the right time, when we were still powerless, Christ died for the ungodly. 7Very rarely will anyone die for a righteous man, though for a good man someone might possibly dare to die. 8But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

Conclusion God loved us at our worst and will continue to has He continues to conform us to His image .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2009, 03:12 AM

8,831 posts, read 11,620,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
That's a pretty bold statement which if you really believe to be true , you will be bound by your own confession.

Like it or not this is what the bible says.

6You see, at just the right time, when we were still powerless, Christ died for the ungodly. 7Very rarely will anyone die for a righteous man, though for a good man someone might possibly dare to die. 8But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

Conclusion God loved us at our worst and will continue to has He continues to conform us to His image .
You know we are not to continue in our sin, right? So if you continue to murder after supposedly repenting how is that going to get you to heaven? There is no universal salvation.....we must repent NOW and accept Jesus Christ NOW. There are no second chances on the other side, my dear. The choice has to be made now, in this life, to spend all of eternity with God. Once you die there are no more choices....it's been made. Eternal heaven or eternal hell. NO SECOND CHANCES.

Old 12-17-2009, 03:15 AM

5,303 posts, read 6,433,733 times
The issue is this, whatever God decides to do with a soul after death is His business. We have evidence in scripture that they go to a place separate from Him, but some feel there is evidence that says otherwise (which is not the opinion of myself), but in reality, none of us really know what He is going to do. Can't we just leave it at that, and try to preach the good news, rather than bad news?
Can't we just stray away from a topic that neither of us have any decision on making?
To me it seems fruitless, after lengthy debates of going no where with it.

The UR crowd here is not going to change their views. I am not going to change mine. And I doubt those that hold the same view as mine are going to either. I believe Christ died for all men, but I don't believe all men will enter in complete spiritual, post mortem communion with God. That is only for those that were reborn in this life. But like I said, some disagree, and whatever their reasons are, so be it. Spread the good news. Hell is always a bad subject to begin with in saving someone. IMO

Old 12-17-2009, 03:21 AM

8,831 posts, read 11,620,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
The issue is this, whatever God decides to do with a soul after death is His business. We have evidence in scripture that they go to a place separate from Him, but some feel there is evidence that says otherwise (which is not the opinion of myself), but in reality, none of us really know what He is going to do. Can't we just leave it at that, and try to preach the good news, rather than bad news?
Can't we just stray away from a topic that neither of us have any decision on making?

The UR crowd here is not going to change their views. I am not going to change mine. And I doubt those that hold the same view as mine are going to either. I believe Christ died for all men, but I don't believe all men will enter in complete spiritual, post mortem communion with God. That is only for those that were reborn in this life. But like I said, some disagree, and whatever their reasons are, so be it. Spread the good news. Hell is always a bad subject to begin with in saving someone. IMO
Finally a preterist I can agree with!! I'm all for spreading the good news but this forum seems to be more about agendas than Jesus Christ. Wouldn't it be great if we could all agree on just talking about Him (after all, He loves that) rather than all this bickering?

Old 12-17-2009, 03:32 AM

11,895 posts, read 3,692,177 times
Quote:
Finally a preterist I can agree with!! I'm all for spreading the good news but this forum seems to be more about agendas than Jesus Christ. Wouldn't it be great if we could all agree on just talking about Him (after all, He loves that) rather than all this bickering?
Ilene,

It takes 2 to bicker (or more) - if you didn't want to be involved in the discussion why did you post?

Old 12-17-2009, 03:33 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,283,016 times
Quote:
You know we are not to continue in our sin, right? So if you continue to murder after supposedly repenting how is that going to get you to heaven? There is no universal salvation.....we must repent NOW and accept Jesus Christ NOW. There are no second chances on the other side, my dear. The choice has to be made now, in this life, to spend all of eternity with God. Once you die there are no more choices....it's been made. Eternal heaven or eternal hell. NO SECOND CHANCES.
Of cause the believer has a new heart and his desire is not to sin but he still lives in this body of flesh with a mind that is in the process of being transformed.
Murder !!!!!!! . Jesus said if you hate someone you have murdered . Why did he say that and who to ? He said it so those who trusted in their own righteousness to raise the bar and to bring down to nought their boasting in theirselves " I don't do this , i don't do that" .Why are we talking aout murder ? when all is said and done sin is sin . We have all had the Romans 7 experience Paul went through and Paul wasn't talking about being fastracked to burning flames of ET.
Regarding repentence you talk as though you made a conscience decision to do so , when in fact the scriptures tell us it was was God that caused us to repent , Romans 2 : 4.
Actually there is not even a FIRST CHANCE, because God has left nothing to chance in the FIRST PLACE .

Old 12-17-2009, 04:12 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,695,137 times
Quote:
Totally agree with you both.....sharing the things of Christ is a beautiful thing.

And yet what I've been experiencing reading here is that there is this trend here now that of being spiritual bullies!

Just agreeing to disagree would be a wonderful thing. But it seems that some just don't want to do that. I've learned a lot on this board and lurking has become a thing for me these days. I have and still am learning a lot as the Lord shows me the truth and error of many things through this board and it has strengthen my faith in Him!

I do have a teachable spirit....love to learn the deeper things of my Lord, but when some start their name calling, yelling at one in their caps in red letters, telling them their not saved or they have things all wrong when they truly do not know what and where the Lord has brought that life from.....Well I'm reminded, God is not finish with that life!

I find it very disheartening to read such meanness against one another and just move on and remember that God is not finish and will accomplish His will in that life!
It is a lesson well learned after posting here for 2 years.................
There was a time I did fall into that trap....until one day not long ago that I heard the words of Jesus loud in my heart, " Latte', why does thou persecute Me"....that truly changed the attitude of my heart!!

The Lord tells us to do unto other's as we want other's to do to us.... regardless who it is and what they believe? If I am sharing in what the Lord is showing and doing in my life, I should be willing to listen to other's whether I may agree or not and move on!
It is not of the Lord Jesus to be mean spirited! Especially when one of the fruit of the Spirit is self control and there sure isn't a lot of self control going on around here! A lot of the flesh (ego) instead of the love of God! And there is a way to communicate with out having to be so aggressive toward someone who may not understand what I may being trying to share!

Besides His Holy Spirit does a much better job of turning a heart around then some individual who thinks they are the Holy Spirit to the lives of other's.

Sorry for going off topic.....

Blessings

Last edited by Cyber Munchkin; 12-17-2009 at 04:28 AM..

Old 12-17-2009, 06:32 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,964,142 times
Quote:
Ilene, it is not bickering to have conversations of differing opinion.

We know for sure what God is going to do with people after they die. The bible is very clear on this. Just because others think it is clear as mud and disagree with us does not mean we are bickering when we try to show why we believe what we believe. You dig?

So sciotamicks, back to the question: When are you going to start being obedient to 1 Timothy 4:11 as it pertains to charging and teaching that God not only will save all mankind (1 Tim.2:4-6) based upon Christ ransoming all mankind, but is in fact all mankind's Saviour even if they don't realize it yet (1 Tim.4:10).

Old 12-17-2009, 10:02 AM

8,435 posts, read 10,525,301 times
Quote:
Where do you get your information? What if God says there are second chances.. are you putting false words in his mouth? Forgive your brother seventy times seven... then again. and again... but God doesn't give second chances? Interesting that your God is a monster incapable of loving sinful man..

My God is Love.. and a person cannot escape his Love.

Thus universal salvation is the proper conclusion to a loving God.

Old 12-17-2009, 10:08 AM

8,435 posts, read 10,525,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
Every time you post I wonder how you miss that the gates of heaven are open day and night... What does that mean to you?

Quote:
Why is it that you limit God? If he is in control (and we both agree that he is) then why do you suppose that a human's will can thwart his desire to save all men? Wouldn't God be able to wash you before heaven without your permission? Do we ask children if they want to be clean or do we just grab them and stick them in the bath?

We are the children and God is the father.. if he wants us cleansed then he will cleanse us... right? If no sinner is allowed in heaven and all men are sinners.. then who does the cleaning? The sinner?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity