Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2009, 01:05 PM

8,989 posts, read 14,573,578 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlabamaStorm View Post
MacArthur does not believe that the Gospel (good news) actually accomplished redemption for all. In that, I mean that it did not accomplish forgiveness of sins, and a declaration of righteousness to all sinners. All sinners!!

MacArthur believes it is only for some sinners. I believe Christ accomplished salvation for all sinners, all of them, and yes, even the ones us sinners don't like...LOL..............!
I agree with MacArthur......and to be honest, he says the same as you except for one thing you left out, you see there is a misconception that mainstream Christianity is somehow exclusive and that is not true, it is quite inclusive, master, slave, black white, male, female, bad sinner, "worst sinner" (if there is such a thing) can join; the ONLY requirement is one must believe and repent

You see MacArthur believes in redemption for ALLLLLLLLLL.........those that repent and believe. Christ died for ALL, YES! and they do get blessed water, air, good job, hummer etc....because of the saviour but unless they repent and believe they will not receive the full maniefestation of the redemptive work of God through Jesus Christ which is salvation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2009, 01:06 PM

5,303 posts, read 6,439,311 times
You URers are all wrong. Reconciliation from what God and Christ work is done.

2 Cor 5:18 And all things [are] of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation

The process of reconciliation is the duty of the saved, those in Christ already, to preach the gospel and plant the seed into mankind's hearts so that Christ can regenerate them into the faith.

What is so hard in grasping this simple yet mysterious concept that was revealed (past tense) to the church?

Old 12-07-2009, 01:09 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,317,499 times
God was in Christ reconciling the world unto Himself , we are ambassadors of this good news of what God has done for the world.

Old 12-07-2009, 01:46 PM

2,526 posts, read 2,939,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
I agree with MacArthur......and to be honest, he says the same as you except for one thing you left out, you see there is a misconception that mainstream Christianity is somehow exclusive and that is not true, it is quite inclusive, master, slave, black white, male, female, bad sinner, "worst sinner" (if there is such a thing) can join; the ONLY requirement is one must believe and repent

You see MacArthur believes in redemption for ALLLLLLLLLL.........those that repent and believe. Christ died for ALL, YES! and they do get blessed water, air, good job, hummer etc....because of the saviour but unless they repent and believe they will not receive the full maniefestation of the redemptive work of God through Jesus Christ which is salvation.
No, he doesn't! He does not believe salvation was accomplished at the cross. The Gospel proclaims Christ died for our sins. He rose from the grave to declare us righteous, and he did so before you, John and I were even born!! 2,000 years ago!! John MacArthur does not believe this, nor the Gospel. John believes in decisional salvation. That's a whole topic for another thread on another day...LOL

Old 12-07-2009, 01:58 PM

8,989 posts, read 14,573,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlabamaStorm View Post
No, he doesn't! He does not believe salvation was accomplished at the cross. The Gospel proclaims Christ died for our sins. He rose from the grave to declare us righteous, and he did so before you, John and I were even born!! 2,000 years ago!! John MacArthur does not believe this, nor the Gospel. John believes in decisional salvation. That's a whole topic for another thread on another day...LOL
That's not true....John Macarthur is a calvinist first and foremost but believes in both decisional and divine and shows scripture to back it up. He believes it is the work of God but ther are mysteries that we can't understand, he also believes in the 5 points of Calvinism; T.U.L.I.P. which is why some Calvinists call MacArthur a heretic.

Last edited by Fundamentalist; 12-07-2009 at 02:09 PM..

Old 12-07-2009, 02:07 PM

7,874 posts, read 14,187,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
The process of reconciliation is the duty of the saved
Saved by grace, dude - salvation's of the Lord.

Old 12-07-2009, 02:11 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,317,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
That's right Little elmer, Jesus is the Savation of God . He as to be otherwise we have nothing better than a type of the shadow of things to come.

Old 12-07-2009, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
Really? Of Course! Christ is Lord!

Old 12-07-2009, 02:14 PM

....and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation. God already reconciled.

Old 12-07-2009, 02:15 PM

1,461 posts, read 1,530,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
If You Don't Believe God is Going to Save All Mankind then you'll go to hell for ever.
Whose G-d?

Do you mean faith is more important than deeds? That I can murder, but as long as I have faith I will be saved?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity