Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2009, 09:25 AM

8,989 posts, read 14,594,683 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
  1. The Bible doesn't say "Jesus saved all mankind" but says: "God will save."
  2. All mankind have not presently entered into the salvation the believer enjoys.
  3. But God nonetheless is still all mankind's Saviour whether they know it or not.
  4. There are still corrective judgments in store for unbelievers. We believers are saved from those adversative judgments.
  5. When are you and Sciotamicks going to start being obedient to 1 Tim.4:11?
God will save all mankind? Jesus is the saviour of all mankind. Yes God does the converting God’s redemptive work through Christ Jesus our Lord who is the saviour of mankind; a complete atonement. He knew from the beginning of creation. Everyone on the planet benefits from Jesus being the saviour of the world and moreso believers who get the same benefits and more by receiving salvation.

To answer your question on 1 Tomothy 4:11. I am being obedient. I am not making this up or basing this on my feeling but I see it in scripure and basing my belief on scripture.

Last edited by Fundamentalist; 12-07-2009 at 09:49 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2009, 09:31 AM

37,342 posts, read 28,398,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
I agree! Read what you said here HotinAZ, it is God's plan to a tee and it sounds very URish.

We are dead UNTIL we come back home. It just takes some longer than others. The prodigal son parable is very applicable here as well.

God is reconciling the world to himself. It won't be done UNTIL we will all come back home.
Lego i think we are pretty close on what we believe , but in 2 Corinthians 5 it say God was in Christ reconciling the world unto Himself , not God is in Christ reconciling the world to Himself . That "Was" makes a huge difference .

Old 12-07-2009, 09:49 AM

6,657 posts, read 8,150,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifesigns64 View Post
. . . . I really think the Good News is in one word : Jesus . . . and that for those who are saved, He will wipe away every tear . . . The Good New is For all . . . . . .
Lifesigns64, all I ask is you honestly examine your views here. You say the Good News is for all... really? Is it good news for all the people that will be annihilated? If God, in His inifinitie foreknowledge, knew that many people would be annihilated in the end, was God not lying when His word proclaims that the good news is great joy for all people?

Quote:
What about the unpardonable sin the bible talks about in the New Testament?
"Unpardonable", as in "never pardonable" is not a scriptural term. Its not in the bible. Check it yourself on biblegateway.com - I searched the NIV, NASB, NLT, KJV, and YLT translations, and the word is not there. The idea of an "unforgivable sin" comes from poor translations and the evil hearts of men.

Now this is what the scripture actually says, in Young's literal:

Matt 12:31 Because of this I say to you, all sin and evil speaking shall be forgiven to men, but the evil speaking of the Spirit shall not be forgiven to men.
32And whoever may speak a word against the Son of Man it shall be forgiven to him, but whoever may speak against the Holy Spirit, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this age, nor in that which is coming.

Verse 31 says there is a sin that is not forgiven, and verse 32 clarifies that it is specifically not forgiven in this age, nor in the age to come. Yet we know there is another age after the "age to come", because other places in the bible speak of future ages plural.

Old 12-07-2009, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Lego i think we are pretty close on what we believe , but in 2 Corinthians 5 it say God was in Christ reconciling the world unto Himself , not God is in Christ reconciling the world to Himself . That "Was" makes a huge difference .
No problem, perhaps I missed your point. From God's perspective its already done anyway.

Old 12-07-2009, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Lifesigns64, all I ask is you honestly examine your views here. You say the Good News is for all... really? Is it good news for all the people that will be annihilated? If God, in His inifinitie foreknowledge, knew that many people would be annihilated in the end, was God not lying when His word proclaims that the good news is great joy for all people?
Legoman seriously, you are creating a strawman by misrepresenting the gospel of others. The good news Legoman is despite the sins we have commited and the sinners we are God has still given us a chance, made a way by sending His Son to die for us.

That's the good news! Sounds like fantastic news to me and for all people

Old 12-07-2009, 10:06 AM

17,966 posts, read 16,016,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
Legoman seriously, you are creating a strawman by misrepresenting the gospel of others. The good news Legoman is despite the sins we have commited and the sinners we are God has still given us a chance, made a way by sending His Son to die for us.

God NEVER saves anybody by "chance" as Fundamentalist suggests but always by "CHOICE" . . . His choice.

If your news is good news then ours is FANTASTIC NEWS!

Old 12-07-2009, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
God NEVER saves anybody by "chance" as Fundamentalist suggests but always by "CHOICE" . . . His choice.

If your news is good news then ours is FANTASTIC NEWS!
by chance????? where is the chance..so people in this room are saved by chance???? I made the choice to serve Him because He saved me. You have no facts to back up your gross, highly incorrect interpretation of my "suggestion" you think I made....chance???? where did you get that?

Why do you think the bible says to beg and plead with the sinner to come to Him.

Old 12-07-2009, 10:22 AM

7,874 posts, read 14,216,123 times
Quote:
Why do you think the bible says to beg and plead with the sinner to come to Him.
Please elaborate.

Old 12-07-2009, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Legoman seriously, you are creating a strawman by misrepresenting the gospel of others.
That is a lie.

Quote:
The good news Legoman is despite the sins we have commited and the sinners we are God has still given us a chance, made a way by sending His Son to die for us.

There is no strawman when your own view is contradictory. Your so-called "good news" has God proclaiming "fantastic news for all people", when God himself knows in the end it won't be good news for most. What kind of two-faced good news are you preaching here?

GOD ALREADY KNOWS THE END! If God says His news is good news for all people, then that can't include most people being burnt for eternity (or being annihilated), unless you think God was lying...

Old 12-07-2009, 10:31 AM

37,342 posts, read 28,398,967 times
Quote:
No problem, perhaps I missed your point. From God's perspective its already done anyway.
Yes it is
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity