Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-08-2009, 06:39 AM

8,989 posts, read 14,595,310 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Of course not all will be saved. The bible is very clear about that. But the problem is defining the time when all mankind are not saved. The Bible is very clear that not all mankind are saved during the 1000 year eon/age nor during the new earth eon/age. So when are all mankind to be saved as the Bible clearly says all mankind will be saved? It is at the consummation of the eons/ages.
Can't argue with that......yet I don't see that in scripture so it's a wait and see.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2009, 06:50 AM

2,332 posts, read 2,846,083 times
ONly God knows who He saves and not in this imaginary courtroom of Justice.

Now I shall check: 'Imaginary Lover'.

Old 12-08-2009, 07:14 AM

8,989 posts, read 14,595,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgnostic View Post
ONly God knows who He saves and not in this imaginary courtroom of Justice.

Now I shall check: 'Imaginary Lover'.
Heh! fellow Canuck.......the bible says, who He saves. I don't think anyone here is saying who "specifically" is being saved other than those who don't believe and repent in which the bible is very clear that one has to believe and repent.

Old 12-08-2009, 07:32 PM

17,966 posts, read 16,017,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALMOST2L8 View Post
Oh!!! The Bible that you read must be the only trustworthy translation huh??? Yours and everyone elses on CD. Thats it!! You've convinced me. Eusebius has got it right. Everyone else...................... wrong!!! J/K
No, not everyone else is wrong. There are plenty of Bibles today that are very close to the Greek and Hebrew, much closer then the AV and they do not have eternal torment in them. So it is not just the Bible I read.

Quote:
The thing is this, I find it hard to believe that God Almighty is having trouble keeping His words intact. In your translation, what does Psalm 92:7 say??? Just curious. Why do you think other translations are not trustworthy??

GOD BLESS!!!
ALMOST2L8[/quote]

Psa 92:7 The wicked bud like herbage, And all contrivers of lawlessness blossom, But only that they be exterminated until the future,

Old 12-08-2009, 08:31 PM

1,413 posts, read 2,469,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALMOST2L8 View Post
Beautiful post Lifesigns!! Very well said.

Like a said in a previous post:

I believe that the torture ends when you are punished eternally. Not that the wicked endure eternal punishment, but that they suffer "eternal punishment" (Mt. 25:46), "eternal judgement" (Heb. 6:2), and "eternal destruction" (2 Thess 1:9) the same way the elect experience "eternal redemption" (Heb. 9:12). The elect do not undergo an eternal process of redemption. Their redemption is "eternal" in the sense that, once redeemed, it is forever. The wicked too, do not undergo an eternal process of punishment or destruction. But once they are punished and destroyed, it is forever. Hell is eternal in consequence, not duration. The wicked are "destroyed forever" (psalm 92:7), but not forever being destroyed.

ALMOST2L8
Yes, Almost2L8, that is how the scripture has been revealed to me . . . thank you for wording it well, your explanation is clear, hope your family is well, Lifeisgns64
GOD BLESS!!!

Old 12-09-2009, 03:54 AM

17,966 posts, read 16,017,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifesigns64 View Post
Yes, Almost2L8, that is how the scripture has been revealed to me . . . thank you for wording it well, your explanation is clear, hope your family is well, Lifeisgns64
GOD BLESS!!!
In other words, dear lifesigns64, you believe an adjective can be greater than the noun from which it is derived in the bible?

Old 12-09-2009, 07:17 AM

723 posts, read 1,049,027 times
Quote:
GOD BLESS!!!
Yes, my family is doing wonderful!! Thank you for asking. I too hope that your family is well!!! Keep the children occupied in God, so they never stray. They have a great teacher.

GOD BLESS!!!
ALMOST2L8

Old 12-09-2009, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
In other words, dear lifesigns64, you believe an adjective can be greater than the noun from which it is derived in the bible?
Dear Friend Eusebius, I learn alot from you and respect your posts.

The answer to your question isn't a yes or a no to the adj vs. noun question . . . .

I read different versions of the bible . . .and do not conform to a certain church/denomination teachings, or even one particular view.

It seems very consistent to me, throughout the OT and more importantly, the NT what the lake of fire is used for.

There would be many references to the Lake of Fire if it was for purification, cleansing . . . and if all were to be saved, . . .

Being that I believe the Bible was written by Men, but TOTALLY inspired by God . . . I see a theme running throug it.

People who have had the opportunity to hear/read Jesus's teachings, and who reject those teachings, and those who commit the unpardonable sin, I see the bible stating that in those cases with those people, along with Death, Sin, and Satan, will be annihilated in the Lake of Fire.

I did my study . . .but willing to explore this more, nothing is "closed" in my opinion . . . . but having said that . . . . one thing that turns me off from churches is those who take a verse, a verse there, and base their beliefs on that . . rather than reading the entire book, and lining up the fence posts.

Blessings, Lifesigns

Old 12-09-2009, 09:33 AM

The demonic realm has no redeemer, neither do people who worship Satan... .there are pockets in these mountains where I live where Satanists have tried to set up camps for their rituals and ceremonies . . . . Since they do NOT have a sin-bearer, they will remain in their sins. Their punishment is eternal.

Yes, their knees will bow and they will see the King of Kings in front of them, and have to confess with their mouth (not their heart/soul/spirit) that Jesus is Lord . . . . and they will not be given a new life that is eternal.

Old 12-09-2009, 09:50 AM

8,435 posts, read 10,558,585 times
Quote:
The demonic realm has no redeemer, neither do people who worship Satan... .there are pockets in these mountains where I live where Satanists have tried to set up camps for their rituals and ceremonies . . . . Since they do NOT have a sin-bearer, they will remain in their sins. Their punishment is eternal.

Yes, their knees will bow and they will see the King of Kings in front of them, and have to confess with their mouth (not their heart/soul/spirit) that Jesus is Lord . . . . and they will not be given a new life that is eternal.
Why do people give so much authority to this satan? If Jesus is Lord.. how is it that satan exists? If a being called satan with minions of demons is roaming the earth trying to capture souls for hell or in your case, annihilation.. where is God's power? Is satan also a god? I don't know how you can believe in a "demonic realm" in the first place. Most people outgrow the fairy tales of the primitive man who thought that evil spirits caused all calamity and evil in the world.

If Jesus came to save the lost yet you state there are some that are beyond saving.. how is it that Jesus came to save the lost if he is unable to save some of them. Do you give all authority on earth to God or satan? Who is the winner of the battle?

It seems like if God annihilates people then having a satan is totally unneccessary as God is sufficient in destroying that which he created.

If God is just then he would save all mankind from themselves, their sin. In the OT we see that men were incapable of making the right decision without help from God. If God were to reverse that phenomenon of men being unable to save themselves then wouldn't he just save them whether they liked it or not. After death you really are subject to what God wants to do with you.. so why would you be punished when you are subject to God at that point.

What is the purpose of annihilation and eternal torture? Both are fear based doctrines in which the person is given a choice.. torture/annihilation or follow God. Does your God threaten people with an allegorical gun to the head if they don't serve him?

My God saves everyone because they lack the power to save themselves. That is God's Love and Justice. God is not controlled by an EGO as we humans are. God does not have to justify his greatness by annihilating people or torturing them. This is all human/carnal thinking. IMO

From a spiritual standpoint God has no need to punish insurrectors as he is not threatened by them, but rather we see that God is LOVE and love casts out all fear. If a doctrine is fear-based... it is WRONG and not of God.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity