Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2009, 11:53 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,273,602 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
DING!!! DING!!! DING!!!! You have finally got me Pcamps!! Is it logical to reason with a being that thinks much higher and different from me?

To answer your last question of what you find odd. I don't have a right to judge God, His nature, His ways etc.....
I have explained to you before what it means for God's ways and thoughts to be higher than ours.

Here's a few examples again , Bless them that curse you , do good to those who spitefully use you. give and it shall be given to you , walk the extra mile , turn the other cheek,if some one wants to sue you for your tunic let him take you cloak as well.

You see Fundy this is the higher way and the way God thinks, it comes naturally to Him because naturally He is God by nature .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2009, 12:32 PM

8,989 posts, read 14,560,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlabamaStorm View Post
But that's the problem with John Macarthur, he doesn't believe the Gospel, in that our sins were forgiven (past tense) in Christ and that in His resurrection we were declared justified (past tense). That's the good news that Macarthur does not see.

Can someone be told that their sins were forgiven in Christ and that they were justified in His resurrection? Yes! Of course! The Gospel declares it so. This is not a secret as Macarthur would have us believe. What is a secret is how and when the Spirit of God reveals this truth to them and causes them to believe it. In time, and according to God's grace, all will come to a full knowledge and understanding of this salvation. Even infants and children who have never heard of the Gospel or Christ.
I am confused, what you said there in the early part of your posts is what I have heard MacArthur teach before? How exactly is MacArthur different. What exactly do you believe He teaches?

Old 12-07-2009, 12:35 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,959,911 times
Quote:
It in the bible. God is clear about us being calling people to the faith, It is our responsibility.

(2 Corinthians 5:20)
20Therefore, we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God were making an appeal through us; we beg you on behalf of Christ, be reconciled to God.
That is not saying we beg and plead with man to come to him.

The word "beg" in the above verse is better rendered "entreat." When I tell my child it is best to stay away from the road I am not begging him but entreating him.

Do you believe the verse just before the one you quote which states that "God is not reckoning their offenses to them"? No, of course you don't. You believe God is threatening everyone with eternal torture if they don't come clean.

Old 12-07-2009, 12:39 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
All things might not be possible for man, but all things ARE possible for God, regardless of what you think ... (Mat 19:26)
yes it is and that should scare a lota people but it does not.
everybody in the church is super focused on gabriel, but they utterly forgot about michael --and he is comin.
god has had enough--- me too.

Old 12-07-2009, 12:41 PM

7,874 posts, read 14,173,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
yes it is and that should scare a lota people but it does not.
everybody in the church is super focused on gabriel, but they utterly forgot about michael --and he is comin.
god has had enough--- me too.
You've made God into man's image...

Old 12-07-2009, 12:41 PM

8,989 posts, read 14,560,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
That is not saying we beg and plead with man to come to him.

The word "beg" in the above verse is better rendered "entreat." When I tell my child it is best to stay away from the road I am not begging him but entreating him.

Do you believe the verse just before the one you quote which states that "God is not reckoning their offenses to them"? No, of course you don't. You believe God is threatening everyone with eternal torture if they don't come clean.
Ya...ya...ya...right. It doesn't mean what it says...got it! Same just like the JW(s)...it's not "proskuneo" but "obeisance"

to entreat the judge for mercy.

Last edited by Fundamentalist; 12-07-2009 at 12:53 PM..

Old 12-07-2009, 12:48 PM

2,741 posts, read 8,882,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepejeep View Post
Says who? I don't believe in hell either so how can I go there? It's all fiction to me.

It doesn't matter that you don't believe...your unbelief does not change whether something exists, or not. What has been ever created by God...exists. Us not believing cannot diminish that.

Bud

Old 12-07-2009, 12:56 PM

9,616 posts, read 12,911,827 times
Default Some alternatives

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
...that should scare a lota people but it does not.
This scaring of folks does seem to be a primary goal of Christianity. Am I wrong?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BudinAk View Post
It doesn't matter that you don't believe...your unbelief does not change whether something exists, or not. What has been ever created by God...exists. Us not believing cannot diminish that.

Bud
True,. Our mental state does not create nor destroy any component of the actual world. But if I'm right, and there is nothing particular out there to believe in, where does that leave Christians? I remain undiminished because I don't loose anything by not believing in something.

Old 12-07-2009, 12:58 PM

2,526 posts, read 2,936,374 times
Quote:
I am confused, what you said there in the early part of your posts is what I have heard MacArthur teach before? How exactly is MacArthur different. What exactly do you believe He teaches?
MacArthur does not believe that the Gospel (good news) actually accomplished redemption for all. In that, I mean that it did not accomplish forgiveness of sins, and a declaration of righteousness to all sinners. All sinners!!

MacArthur believes it is only for some sinners. I believe Christ accomplished salvation for all sinners, all of them, and yes, even the ones us sinners don't like...LOL

But the knowledge of the good news (the Gospel) is given through regeneration of the Spirit in the new birth. I also believe that this new birth (or regeneration of the Spirit) will be given to all, so that all do enter into God's grace and glory for eternity:

1Ti 2:4 who doth will all men to be saved, and to come to the full knowledge of the truth;
1Ti 2:5 for one is God, one also is mediator of God and of men, the man Christ Jesus,
1Ti 2:6 who did give himself a ransom for all--the testimony in its own times--

This is the wonderful news of the Gospel. And that we can say to the world: Christ died for our sins, you and me, and those we proclaim it to, and believe and mean what we say!

Old 12-07-2009, 01:02 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
You've made God into man's image...
no friend the modern church has rewritten the scriptures and do err gravely by doing so. they mislead the people and themselves.
archangel michael is very real and just as valid as archangel gabriel,
unauthorized editing is a no no. we have turned our backs on divine justice and pleaded for blank check pardon of our work poorly done., we will pay dearly for this mistake.

Last edited by Huckleberry3911948; 12-07-2009 at 01:37 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity