Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-07-2009, 02:17 PM

3,854 posts, read 4,846,009 times

Advertisements

Ask any 20 Christians who gets to go to Heaven, and you'll get 25 different answers...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2009, 02:19 PM

37,342 posts, read 28,398,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
....and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation. God already reconciled.
To take to the world .

Old 12-07-2009, 05:20 PM

5,303 posts, read 6,450,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
To take to the world .

Yes!

Old 12-07-2009, 05:31 PM

37,342 posts, read 28,398,967 times
Quote:
Yes!
A message to the world that God was in Christ reconciling the world unto Himself

Old 12-07-2009, 06:00 PM

17,966 posts, read 16,016,151 times
Quote:
You URers are all wrong. Reconciliation from what God and Christ work is done.

2 Cor 5:18 And all things [are] of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation

The process of reconciliation is the duty of the saved, those in Christ already, to preach the gospel and plant the seed into mankind's hearts so that Christ can regenerate them into the faith.

What is so hard in grasping this simple yet mysterious concept that was revealed (past tense) to the church?
I realize the word used in most bibles in 2 Corinthians 5:18 is "reconciled" but that word is "apokatallasso" in Greek. The word used in 2 Cor.5:18 is "Katallasso" and is one-sided peace and should be translated "conciliated."

In Colossians 1:21 only believers are reconciled NOW.
In Colossians 1:20 the rest of all beings in the universe at enmity to God will be reconciled in the future.

Right now God has conciliated the world to Himself and is not reckoning their offenses. But the problem is the world has not come to God in peace yet. If it did then the world would be reconciled. Get it?

Old 12-07-2009, 07:15 PM

Eusebius,

Katallasso - return to favour with, be reconciled to one

Old 12-07-2009, 09:29 PM

1,413 posts, read 2,469,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
I certainly agree...that not all of you (and me) will be saved - through the New Testament, we have the issue of the carnal man and dying to it; the separation of the soul and spirit; Paul's writings, John's epistles - they all alude to sin dwelling in us that is attached to the carnal life - it of course cannot enter in, so the fire must purify us all, Christians included.

Everyone wants to see God, but they forget - He is a consuming fire.
Hey Little Elmer, I don't see the Lake of Fire as a Purification Process . . . Kat or christygirl gave me a study on the Lake of Fire from their perspective, and I read it with an open mind and heart . . . .doesn't add up.

The Lake of Fire that I read in the New Testament has a consistent theme running through it . . . and it's not one that is pretty . . .

If it were the theme would be: Those who refject Christ, will be purified, and the evilmongers and those who mock God will be reiging with Him in Heaven after their dip in the lake . . . . I don't see that at all . . .

Did you know that the destruction of the cities Sodom and Gomorrah is used as an example for sinners who will suffer the punishment of eternal fire?

Sodom and Gommarah is gone . . burnt . . . death is what the lake of fire produces . . . not purification . . . thought I'd love to have seen that, the fence posts don't line up.

Jude 7 “Even as Sodom and Gomorrah, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.”

Now when you really think about this, you’ll see that the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah, which were destroyed with fire are NOT still burning today, those people are obviously dead and has been burned to ashes by eternal fire. See that is the prime example of what’s going to happen to sinners who DON’T repent of their sins.

Old 12-07-2009, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifesigns64 View Post
Did you know that the destruction of the cities Sodom and Gomorrah is used as an example for sinners who will suffer the punishment of eternal fire?

Sodom and Gommarah is gone . . burnt . . . death is what the lake of fire produces . . . not purification . . . thought I'd love to have seen that, the fence posts don't line up.

Jude 7 “Even as Sodom and Gomorrah, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.”

Now when you really think about this, you’ll see that the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah, which were destroyed with fire are NOT still burning today, those people are obviously dead and has been burned to ashes by eternal fire. See that is the prime example of what’s going to happen to sinners who DON’T repent of their sins.
Be careful, they will use this one against you as well. But remember, it isn't the city the writer of Jude is talking about, it is the people in it.
And they were no more. The soul of the sinner dies.

Stay busy in the Word!

Old 12-07-2009, 09:37 PM

1,413 posts, read 2,469,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
Lifesigns64, all I ask is you honestly examine your views here. You say the Good News is for all... really? Is it good news for all the people that will be annihilated? If God, in His inifinitie foreknowledge, knew that many people would be annihilated in the end, was God not lying when His word proclaims that the good news is great joy for all people?

"Unpardonable", as in "never pardonable" is not a scriptural term. Its not in the bible. Check it yourself on biblegateway.com - I searched the NIV, NASB, NLT, KJV, and YLT translations, and the word is not there. The idea of an "unforgivable sin" comes from poor translations and the evil hearts of men.

Now this is what the scripture actually says, in Young's literal:

Matt 12:31 Because of this I say to you, all sin and evil speaking shall be forgiven to men, but the evil speaking of the Spirit shall not be forgiven to men.
32And whoever may speak a word against the Son of Man it shall be forgiven to him, but whoever may speak against the Holy Spirit, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this age, nor in that which is coming.

Verse 31 says there is a sin that is not forgiven, and verse 32 clarifies that it is specifically not forgiven in this age, nor in the age to come. Yet we know there is another age after the "age to come", because other places in the bible speak of future ages plural.
Lego . . . Jesus is the God News . . . Annihilation is not good news . . . it's the 2nd death . . . . . . Do you think it is a bad news gospel because God designed things, sin, death, evil, and those who reject him to be consumed by the fire . . . not just Satan or Death or Sin will be consumed, by also those who knowlingly deny Jesus and the message of the Cross . . . It's His Game . . . . I like to bend the rules alot . . . that's why I've looked for truth in All will be saved . . . I love the message you are giving, it's good news . .but not God's News.

Old 12-07-2009, 10:21 PM

48,502 posts, read 97,056,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
If You Don't Believe God is Going to Save All Mankind then you'll go to hell for ever.
I think the bible is clear that not all will be saved and its not me that says this.Play on logic doesn't work in christianity as the bible is clear.Using their own logic to suit their purposes is what got the jewsih priest in problems as Jesus pointed out.Don't ask man ;read the bible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity