Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, and Ram
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2009, 12:29 AM

807 posts, read 2,515,798 times

Advertisements

Absolutely!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2009, 06:22 AM

1,049 posts, read 4,007,861 times
NO WAY!!

Chrysler/Dodge were pieces of crap before, now made by disgruntled workers, no way Jose.

Forget GM as well, though I would consider a Pontiac Vibe, as it is a "cheaper" Toyota Matrix (same manufacturing line)

Ford/Toyota/Honda are the only sane choices these days.

Old 05-03-2009, 08:28 AM

2,168 posts, read 3,387,674 times
I would buy GM and certain Chrysler models. What is killing both the most is that people are scared to buy them now that Chrysler is in bankruptcy protection and GM is heading that way. When sales drop that significantly in such a short period of time, it's hard to keep a business functioning and operational.

Old 05-03-2009, 09:07 AM

2,007 posts, read 6,831,588 times
I have always bought GM cars, but I am afraid that after the whole fiasco and way obamma has done to who paid out money and done for the union in a unfair manner. This will be my last GM auto.
I just can't believe the way the guy elected president has screwed over the country, and he isn't done yet.

Old 05-03-2009, 05:15 PM

15,446 posts, read 21,354,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowwalker View Post
I have always bought GM cars, but I am afraid that after the whole fiasco and way obamma has done to who paid out money and done for the union in a unfair manner. This will be my last GM auto.
Exactly my sentiments. I too have always been a GM fan for their styling and ease of repair but future GM products (Government Motors) will never again take up space in my driveway. Ford and Chrysler have long since left their last grease spots on my driveways but mostly because of low quality products and worse service.

Old 05-04-2009, 02:03 AM

1,654 posts, read 7,347,764 times
I really don't think you can blame Obama. He just wasn't going to give them endless amounts of money to stay afloat. Can you blame him?

GM was/is too big for its own good and they should have started reorganizing and producing more fuel efficient cars a long time ago.

Old 05-04-2009, 05:35 AM

34,254 posts, read 20,537,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowwalker View Post
I just can't believe the way the guy elected president has screwed over the country, and he isn't done yet.
GM and the overpaid Union boys put themselves in that position long before Obama was elected. Don't blame the President for years of distrust built up by car buyers.

I would buy Honda/Ford/Toyota products. I will steer clear of Chrysler and Pontiac. They simply don't have any models that interest me and a couple that look like jokes on the road.

Old 05-05-2009, 09:33 AM

1,293 posts, read 4,998,613 times
I have had more foreign cars than American cars, and to tell you the truth the foreign cars had just as many problems as the American cars did. I have never had a good car, and I have never had a car that would not last at least 150k miles.

That said, I won't buy any foreign or American brand if it is not built in the states. I look for the options that suit me best, who has the better warranty and price. We have too many people directly and indirectly involved with the auto industry to just let it slip away. There are hundreds of small non union companies that make parts or sell some service for our nameplates, most of which you have never heard of. Its those individuals I buy the cars for.

The way I see it is that the government is investing in itself.

Old 05-05-2009, 09:34 AM

15,852 posts, read 35,135,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by captnemo View Post
Would you ever buy a chrysler or GM car what incentive would actually change your mind
If they weren't so unbelieveably butt-ugly I would buy one. I have a 1993 Cadillac and I am holding on to it until these horrible looking body styles go away.

20yrsinBranson

Old 05-05-2009, 11:30 AM

347 posts, read 1,357,813 times
Absolutely will continue to buy GM cars (I have moved from Toyota to GM a few years back).
I am confident they will be around to fix it if needed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, and Ram