Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2010, 11:37 AM

4,692 posts, read 9,304,031 times

Advertisements

Spoiler
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akhenaton06 View Post
Spoiler

Huh? If I recall correctly, I-77 through York County was widened and resurfaced a couple of years before I-77 in Mecklenburg County got resurfaced. I hated when I lived in Rock Hill to go from smooth sailing to small potholes every couple of miles once I crossed the state line.
It was a joke. I find it hard to take this whole thread seriously.

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 06-29-2010 at 11:50 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2010, 11:53 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,513,090 times
Moderator note :
There is to much off topic post
Terms Of service that everyone agreed to will be enforced.
All prior off topic posts are eligible,

infraction points
O-1 points = warning
2 pts = 3 days
any additional points = 3 days more to the last point
To check your points click your profile
click on the infraction tab to see how many active points
only you and moderators can see this information.

Old 06-29-2010, 01:10 PM

1,666 posts, read 2,840,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
I just don't get this insistance, from people who are presumably from ATL, that CLT has some burning desire or need to be more like Atlanta. I really don't understand. I live in CLT because I LIKE CLT. I visit other places because I like them as well, but THIS IS WHERE I CHOOSE TO LIVE.

If I wanted to live in ATL, I would. I like Charlotte and have no desire to "change" CLT to be more like anywhere else.

@MIKEANDIKE -- I really don't care where the 20somethings go on the weekends. If they want to go to ATL, that's cool with me. I'm going to see the Smashing Pumpkins at the Fillmore, and Michael Buble at the TWC Arena and I don't have to spend 3+ hrs in the car to do it.

It doesnt need to be Like Atlanta, Charlotte needs to be Charlotte with more to do thats all....

Old 06-29-2010, 01:19 PM

28,353 posts, read 16,376,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandIke27 View Post
It doesnt need to be Like Atlanta, Charlotte needs to be Charlotte with more to do thats all....
Well, I'll agree on the Charlotte needs to be Charlotte part. I don't know that I necessarily think there needs to be more to do here.

Old 06-29-2010, 02:45 PM

8 posts, read 12,522 times
Anyone from Charlotte who does aspire to become Atlanta really has 0 ambitions for this city, in my opinion.

Atlanta is nothing special. Miami, New Orleans, San Antonio and Washington DC are the most interesting cities in this region. They're amazing place to go on vacation.

Does anyone wanna interrpret this date for me:

black & white people make up 95% of Atlanta...
Black & White people make up 94% of Charlotte...

Foriegn born people in Atlanta is 5.4%
Foriegn born people in Charlotte is 13.1%

State Born people in Atlanta is 62%
State born people in Charlotte is 48.6%

http://www.streetadvisor.com/georgia...a/demographics
http://www.streetadvisor.com/northcarolina/charlotte/demographics (broken link)

Old 06-29-2010, 03:48 PM

7,076 posts, read 12,345,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GayBoiCharlotte View Post

Atlanta Demographics and City Data - Atlanta, Georgia
Charlotte Demographics and City Data - Charlotte, North Carolina (http://www.streetadvisor.com/northcarolina/charlotte/demographics - broken link)
The only problem with the state born stats is that many Charlotteans were born in SC. IMO, SC natives are not considered "out of state" born.

Old 06-29-2010, 04:28 PM

358 posts, read 982,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbancharlotte View Post
The only problem with the state born stats is that many Charlotteans were born in SC. IMO, SC natives are not considered "out of state" born.
Yeah, but last time I checked, Charlotte wasn't IN South Carolina. Might be no more than 10-15 minutes away in physical location, but if you're from South Carolina, then you're not from North Carolina.

And I thank God every day I wasn't born in South Carolina. :P

Old 06-29-2010, 04:40 PM

1 posts, read 1,294 times
I live in Atl and do not like it here at all, been here to long 12/03. When my lease is up in April i'm thinking about relocating to Charlotte because it less people. Is their something wrong with Charlotte before i come that way?

Old 06-29-2010, 04:55 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,483,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBaker78 View Post
I live in Atl and do not like it here at all, been here to long 12/03. When my lease is up in April i'm thinking about relocating to Charlotte because it less people. Is their something wrong with Charlotte before i come that way?
If you want to stay on the east coast and not go further to the west, I would think Charlotte would be a good choice. Would need to know what you are looking for in particular, or what you don't like about where you are now - to really give you good advice. Just keep reading posts and use the search feature - you can find out a tremendous amount of info just sifting through pages on this site.

Old 06-29-2010, 05:02 PM

2,742 posts, read 6,750,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GayBoiCharlotte View Post
Anyone from Charlotte who does aspire to become Atlanta really has 0 ambitions for this city, in my opinion.

Atlanta is nothing special. Miami, New Orleans, San Antonio and Washington DC are the most interesting cities in this region. They're amazing place to go on vacation.

Does anyone wanna interrpret this date for me:

black & white people make up 95% of Atlanta...
Black & White people make up 94% of Charlotte...

Foriegn born people in Atlanta is 5.4%
Foriegn born people in Charlotte is 13.1%

Atlanta Demographics and City Data - Atlanta, Georgia
Charlotte Demographics and City Data - Charlotte, North Carolina (http://www.streetadvisor.com/northcarolina/charlotte/demographics - broken link)
Interesting stats. Wow!! Atlanta's poverty rate is over 20%!!!!!!!!!! The Atlanta population number looks odd though. I'm trying to figure out what municipality they're talking about that has a population of 865K???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City