Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Where would you rather live?
Seattle all the way! 193 52.02%
Philadelphia all the way! 153 41.24%
Other (Please specify) 25 6.74%
Voters: 371. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2012, 09:50 PM

2,342 posts, read 3,988,097 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summersm343 View Post
Think 1929 or 1945? What are you talking about? Why do you keep changing your posts?
The event didn't happen in Philadelphia but the emotions that event sparked and the magnitude of it is how I feel about Philly. I'll let you figure it out yourself and which side of the emotions fence I would be on.

btw 1945. Sorry I was thinking Great Depression with 1929.
Quote:
You sure do contradict yourself a lot.
Nothing I have said in this thread is connected to the stone ages. I am just referencing an event as it pertains to how I feel about your city. To put it politely, I am leaving it vague.

Old 10-15-2012, 09:53 PM

8,700 posts, read 14,689,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrantiX View Post
The event didn't happen in Philadelphia but the emotions that event sparked and the magnitude of it is how I feel about Philly. I'll let you figure it out yourself.

btw 1945. Sorry I was thinking Great Depression with 1929.
So you hate Philadelphia because of the Civil Rights Movement? Or you hate Philadelphia on that magnitude for no reason? Don't know what you are getting at.

Old 10-15-2012, 09:58 PM

Quote:

Nothing I have said in this thread is connected to the stone ages. I am just referencing an event as it pertains to how I feel about your city. To put it politely, I am leaving it vague.
I don't understand how anyone could passionately hate a place the way you do. It's a place dude. Get over it. And you are WAYYYYYY too passionate about this forum and which city ranks above what. Do you honestly think this forum has any basis in real life? People come to City-Data forum to seek help in moving to new locations or to find out about a place they have no knowledge of. People come to the City V. City threads just to mess around and have fun and see how their city stacks up against other cities... but you and some other people take it to another extreme.

Old 10-15-2012, 10:03 PM

2,342 posts, read 3,988,097 times
Quote:
I don't understand how anyone could passionately hate a place the way you do. It's a place dude. Get over it. And you are WAYYYYYY too passionate about this forum and which city ranks above what. Do you honestly think this forum has any basis in real life? People come to City-Data forum to seek help in moving to new locations or to find out about a place they have no knowledge of. People come to the City V. City threads just to mess around and have fun and see how their city stacks up against other cities... but you and some other people take it to another extreme.
Well first of all summers, the reason you even see my "passionate" side about how much I dislike your city is because you constantly bait my posts. You saw what I posted, you know for a fact that I have a response ready, but you decide to ensue the conversation anyway just so you could get to this very point right here where you would be saying all these things. Full circle again, because we've been over this before and chances are we'll square off at least another 100-200 times where it comes to this same full circle.

CD is an anonymous forum, for all of us that don't use our actual names in our handles, and I use it that way to project exactly what I'm thinking about. If you don't like what I have to post, which I know you don't, then don't bait me because trust me any time it concerns Philly the less negative I say of it is a positive, if you bait me then you're pushing it.

Lets let others have their say. Not everyone agrees with you and thinks Philly is great and I am one of those people.

btw, I have no issues with anyone hating San Francisco or California, we are all human and it's natural to "hate" things. I'm just more vocal about it. I don't have any issues with you, just happens you live in a city I hate, sucks that you have to read what I write but that's life, we drink our Starbucks coffee and we move on.

Old 10-15-2012, 10:14 PM

562 posts, read 988,841 times
Probably Seattle. Feels more geeky to me, a place where I'd meet people who like Dungeons and Dragons, that sort of place. Admittedly, I have never been to Philly but I just don't associate Philly with a booming tech industry. Or nice people lol.

Old 10-15-2012, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Well first of all summers, the reason you even see my "passionate" side about how much I dislike your city is because you constantly bait my posts. You saw what I posted, you know for a fact that I have a response ready, but you decide to ensue the conversation anyway just so you could get to this very point right here where you would be saying all these things. Full circle again, because we've been over this before and chances are we'll square off at least another 100-200 times where it comes to this same full circle.

CD is an anonymous forum, for all of us that don't use our actual names in our handles, and I use it that way to project exactly what I'm thinking about. If you don't like what I have to post, which I know you don't, then don't bait me because trust me any time it concerns Philly the less negative I say of it is a positive, if you bait me then you're pushing it.

Lets let others have their say. Not everyone agrees with you and thinks Philly is great and I am one of those people.

btw, I have no issues with anyone hating San Francisco or California, we are all human and it's natural to "hate" things. I'm just more vocal about it. I don't have any issues with you, just happens you live in a city I hate, sucks that you have to read what I write but that's life, we drink our Starbucks coffee and we move on.
I don't drink coffee, I don't like it

Old 10-15-2012, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoness View Post
Probably Seattle. Feels more geeky to me, a place where I'd meet people who like Dungeons and Dragons, that sort of place. Admittedly, I have never been to Philly but I just don't associate Philly with a booming tech industry. Or nice people lol.
Philadelphia has a growing tech industry, just not as fast paced as places like Seattle and San Francisco. Right now the Philadelphia economy is primarily Medical, Education, Finance, Law, Tourism, Manufacturing and Art with a growing Tech and Entertainment/Media Scene.

Looking at some larger companies based in Philadelphia, there are some tech companies.
http://www.phillytechnews.net/2011/0...-to-watch.html

http://www.fastcompany.com/1835775/p...-big-tech-town

Last edited by RightonWalnut; 10-15-2012 at 10:31 PM..

Old 10-15-2012, 10:30 PM

932 posts, read 1,944,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoness View Post
I agree that Seattle feels more geeky, but you do realize Magic The Gathering was created in Philly, though it did take a Seattle based company to pick up the game and get it to the nerdly masses.

Also, ENIAC was birthed in Philly. That's pretty effing geeky, and I'm a stone cold nerd.

Old 10-15-2012, 10:39 PM

562 posts, read 988,841 times
Quote:
Philadelphia has a growing tech industry, just not as fast paced as places like Seattle and San Francisco. Right now the Philadelphia economy is primarily Medical, Education, Finance, Law, Tourism, Manufacturing and Art with a growing Tech and Entertainment/Media Scene.

Looking at some larger companies based in Philadelphia, there are some tech companies.
Philly Tech News

Philadelphia Sets Sights On Becoming America's Next Big Tech Town | Fast Company
Quote:
Originally Posted by BTA88 View Post
I agree that Seattle feels more geeky, but you do realize Magic The Gathering was created in Philly, though it did take a Seattle based company to pick up the game and get it to the nerdly masses.

Also, ENIAC was birthed in Philly. That's pretty effing geeky, and I'm a stone cold nerd.
Interesting information from both of you, thanks.

And I am huge into Magic The Gathering as well haha.

Old 10-15-2012, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valencian View Post
I was curious too so I looked up 1945 on Wikipedia.

Let's hope this is just a sarcastic conversation between the two of you, because that could possibly be the worst year in all of humanity with all the things that happened:

1945 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
He was initially hinting that he hated Philadelphia because of something that happened in 1945 in Philadelphia... he then later edited his comments. That is why I was confused.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City