Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: West Coast vs Northeast? Which one is more open for integration?
West Coast 15 57.69%
Northeast 11 42.31%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2011, 05:44 PM

803 posts, read 1,264,873 times

Advertisements

Odd, I went to DC and saw a few couples in which the guy was Black and his girlfriend was Hispanic/Middle Eastern/White (any of the three).

As for the bay area, I have heard NOTHING BUT good things about the place. Anyways, how are things with the Indian population there?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2011, 05:48 PM

10,138 posts, read 16,043,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgamibi View Post
Odd, I went to DC and saw a few couples in which the guy was Black and his girlfriend was Hispanic/Middle Eastern/White (any of the three).
Yeah Washington DC is one of the the most cosmopolitan and most multicultural places in the entire country.
Quote:
As for the bay area, I have heard NOTHING BUT good things about the place. Anyways, how are things with the Indian population there?
The Bay Area is the most integrated major metropolitan area in the United States. The Bay Area WILL definitely (and easily) live up to your expectations. There's a little bit of something there for everyone.

Just one major problem is that its expensive as hell.

Old 01-28-2011, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DANNYY View Post
Yeah Washington DC is one of the the most cosmopolitan and most multicultural places in the entire country.

The Bay Area is the most integrated major metropolitan area in the United States. The Bay Area WILL definitely (and easily) live up to your expectations. There's a little bit of something there for everyone.

Just one major problem is that its expensive as hell.
Yea but I wanna know about the Indian population there.

Is it more like the Indian population that never assimilates or anything or is it more progressive?

Anyways if it is the clan type Indian population, would it in any way affect me?

Old 01-28-2011, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Yea but I wanna know about the Indian population there.

Is it more like the Indian population that never assimilates or anything or is it more progressive?

Anyways if it is the clan type Indian population, would it in any way affect me?
Haha I attempted to live in the Bay Area at one point, and lasted about 4 months there. I have family there, nearly all my cousins from my moms side of the family live in San Jose, California.

The Bay Area with Asian Indians is very multicultural, you will have the Indians that stick only to their group (as they do in every city) but you will find how common it is to see Asian Indian people associating with other groups there as well. It's very common.

Old 01-28-2011, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Haha I attempted to live in the Bay Area at one point, and lasted about 4 months there. I have family there, nearly all my cousins from my moms side of the family live in San Jose, California.

The Bay Area with Asian Indians is very multicultural, you will have the Indians that stick only to their group (as they do in every city) but you will find how common it is to see Asian Indian people associating with other groups there as well. It's very common.
Alright,

and what about dating (u know what I am getting at here)?

Old 01-28-2011, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Alright,

and what about dating (u know what I am getting at here)?
I will say this from both personal interpretation and from a international view, there are very few places in the country that can match up to the Bay Area in this regard.

There's just a lot of beneficial factors involved, good catering to a young crowd, very efficient lifestyle, very integrated, very multicultural, a lot of great venues to meet and greet.

One thing though, its fast paced compared to Southern California. But that shouldn't be a problem though, right?

Old 01-28-2011, 06:04 PM

Quote:
I will say this from both personal interpretation and from a international view, there are very few places in the country that can match up to the Bay Area in this regard.

There's just a lot of beneficial factors involved, good catering to a young crowd, very efficient lifestyle, very integrated, very multicultural, a lot of great venues to meet and greet.

One thing though, its fast paced compared to Southern California. But that shouldn't be a problem though, right?
True, but how big are stereotypes in that area?

Like how often will girls think "Oh he is Indian, probably smells like curry and stuff, lets not bother". I heard that is pretty big in So Cal, what about the bay?

Old 01-28-2011, 06:07 PM

Quote:
True, but how big are stereotypes in that area?

Like how often will girls think "Oh he is Indian, probably smells like curry and stuff, lets not bother". I heard that is pretty big in So Cal, what about the bay?
Stereotypes, common in some peoples minds. But Bay Area is pretty good here, Asian Indians are in a large abundance and have been so for generations to where stereotypes if they historically did exist have been long washed away from the general perception of a Asian Indian person.

The Bay Area is very Asian friendly, and especially Asian Indian friendly. It's really a cross roads for multiculturalism, and the fact that its the most integrated metropolitan area and also the most racially diverse metropolitan area, really shows a lot for it.

Old 01-28-2011, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Stereotypes, common in some peoples minds. But Bay Area is pretty good here, Asian Indians are in a large abundance and have been so for generations to where stereotypes if they historically did exist have been long washed away from the general perception of a Asian Indian person.

The Bay Area is very Asian friendly, and especially Asian Indian friendly. It's really a cross roads for multiculturalism, and the fact that its the most integrated metropolitan area and also the most racially diverse metropolitan area, really shows a lot for it.
Okay so basically:

- won't run into any flak for being an Indian
- being Indian won't stop me from getting with girls

Old 02-17-2011, 05:03 PM

174 posts, read 239,928 times
I think it all depends on who you mix with and your personality. I have a lot of family in the bay area. Quite of mix of etnic groups and inter-etnic dating. I'm sure if you have a personality and are a somewhat attractive guy you will have no problems.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City