Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: West Coast vs Northeast? Which one is more open for integration?
West Coast 15 57.69%
Northeast 11 42.31%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2011, 02:00 PM

803 posts, read 1,264,240 times

Advertisements

Hi guys, its me again yup.

As you guys know by now I am that Indian guy who keeps whining about him being Indian limiting him. I live in Arkansas and even though I have had the privilege of making friends of different groups and dating a White girl and a Latina, I really do not see myself living here for the most of my life.

Life here is pretty slow, not a lot to do, not many places to keep myself entertained (probably why I am on here so much), and basically I just LOVE the people but hate the place pretty much. For fun sometimes my friends and I just play football in the field until we are too tired to play.

Now the action pretty much happens on the east coast (when they say that I find that they mean the Northeast) or the West Coast.

Here is the criteria:

*Integration is great but I am talking more so about integration with just about any group. This means that a guy from any race or ethnic background can come into the place and people will judge him based on character and how he presents himself rather than what he really is.

*Interracial dating is also key, as all of you know by now, I love women from a certain background and I want to know that out of which place would I find women from that background who will not hesitate to date me just because I am of my ethnic background.

*Basically a place where I can be friends with Black, White, Asian, Hispanic, or people of any background and can date Latin women without them really caring about me being Indian.

To make it more precise, out of the two regions, in which will people more likely judge you based on how you act and in most cases JUST THAT rather than on what your background is?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2011, 02:29 PM

27,549 posts, read 28,636,675 times
I'm really a hot Latina girl, and I really dig Indian (India) guys. Will you marry me?

Old 01-27-2011, 02:32 PM

4,515 posts, read 9,696,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
I'm really a hot Latina girl, and I really dig Indian (India) guys. Will you marry me?

lol

Old 01-27-2011, 02:45 PM

2,684 posts, read 7,380,142 times
Quote:
I want you. Now. I want you to scream "ayy papi chulo" when I'm with you, ok?

I met this really hot Colombian chick last night at the bar. Wow! I think I'm in love! If you're her, let's meet up again this Friday when I'm less drunk and don't have work the next day

Old 01-27-2011, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Prove it

Old 01-27-2011, 03:03 PM

But if there is such a Latina like that out there other than my ex THEEEENNNNNN

Old 01-27-2011, 04:55 PM

5,251 posts, read 13,810,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgamibi View Post
Prove it
I look like Jennifer Lopez

Old 01-27-2011, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPerone201 View Post
I look like Jennifer Lopez
I look like this

Old 01-27-2011, 07:20 PM

1,495 posts, read 2,299,250 times
You should visit Toronto. The Indian population there is like 1 in 10 so I bet they wouldn't even think about it.

Old 01-28-2011, 02:14 PM

1,361 posts, read 3,713,456 times
It depends on what part of the West Coast and the Northeast you are speaking of. I was born and bred in the Bay in San Francisco but I live in the DC Area. Interracial couples and mixed people are common in the Bay Area. I am mixed myself and a living example of the integration that exists in the SF Bay. The Bay Area is a very integrated place. Even many of the ghetto areas in the Bay are extremely diverse. Race means less on many levels in the Bay Area. Even inter-ethnic tension in the Bay Area between minorities isn't specifically racist.

L.A., on the other hand, is known for more interethnic tension and poor racial relations. Skinheads in Orange County, extreme segregation between Blacks and Latinos and other races, Mexican gangsters murdering innocent Black folks are all well-documented phenomena that occur in sunny Southern California which are rare if non-existent in the Bay.

On the East Coast, many cities above the Mason-Dixon line are more integrated. Interracial relationships, mixed people and cross-cultural phenomena are common in Philly and NYC. However, Philly and NYC aren't completely free of racism, segregation and discrimination like any other American cites. Many parts of Philly and NYC are extremely segregated and populated by small-minded people. However other areas in these cities are the exact opposite.

As I was saying earlier, I live in the DC Area. The DC Area and Baltimore are much less progressive in terms of integration. Even though DC is pretty diverse, it is extremely segregated. Blacks and Whites live in completely separate alternate social universes despite coexisting in the same city. I have never seen a White man with a Black woman in public in DC. The only interracial relationships you will see in DC are the typical ones: Black man/White woman; White man/Asian woman. And even those interracial couples are few and far between in the DC area. The DC Area is highly conservative and should be avoided by someone like you who wants to live in an integrated area where race is secondary and unimportant in everyday social affairs. Nearby Baltimore is even worse in terms of integration and race relations. Many Black and White folks in Baltimore have never even seen an Asian (other than a Korean liquor store owner) or Indian person in real life (I'm not sh*tting you) let alone an interracial couple or an "exotic" mixed person. Baltimore is one of the most intensely segregated places in the United States.

Last edited by goldenchild08; 01-28-2011 at 02:30 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City