Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Miami, New York City, Chicago, Los Angeles, or Philadelphia?
New York City 97 36.33%
Los Angeles 67 25.09%
Chicago 84 31.46%
Miami 55 20.60%
Philadelphia 51 19.10%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 267. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2011, 01:59 PM

14,256 posts, read 26,937,981 times

Advertisements

The SEPTA station in the 2nd vid looks awesome.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2011, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyman11 View Post
Chicago and Philly don't belong in the same sentence as the other 3. Seriously.

Chicago is a great city but there isnt anything alluring about it nor anything unique. It doesn't have anything other places don't aside from the large skyline. Although it has lots to offer, it just isn't what comes to mind as an ecstatic destination. Miami, NYC, and LA are one of a kind and the only cities of their kinds.
You've got to be kidding me.

Old 09-13-2011, 02:13 PM

58 posts, read 95,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by polo89 View Post
You've got to be kidding me.
Compared to NYC, Miami and LA, I think he has a point.

Chicago is great, but isn't very iconic. If you asked someone outside the U.S. outside of Chicago, they wouldn't know it as well as those other places.

Everyone in the world knows Wall Street or Hollywood. I don't think too many folks outside the U.S. have ever heard of Michigan Avenue or the Loop.

Old 09-13-2011, 03:48 PM

1,031 posts, read 2,709,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LP Lane View Post
Compared to NYC, Miami and LA, I think he has a point.

Chicago is great, but isn't very iconic. If you asked someone outside the U.S. outside of Chicago, they wouldn't know it as well as those other places.

Everyone in the world knows Wall Street or Hollywood. I don't think too many folks outside the U.S. have ever heard of Michigan Avenue or the Loop.
Um who cares if they never heard of it. People are followers and only go by what they hear unfortunately. The FACT is it is a great city and has all of the fundamentals of a great city. Honestly Miami is the oddball here. Every other city on this list is established.

Old 09-13-2011, 04:14 PM

7,528 posts, read 10,255,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sweetkisses* View Post
Um who cares if they never heard of it. People are followers and only go by what they hear unfortunately. The FACT is it is a great city and has all of the fundamentals of a great city. Honestly Miami is the oddball here. Every other city on this list is established.
Yep

Sesame Street: Cookie Monster's Sorting Song - YouTube

Old 09-13-2011, 04:57 PM

61 posts, read 78,471 times
Philly ain't all that. Any major city is better than Philly. Man, our downtown is pathetic for the city of its size and the neighborhoods are in shamble. The economy sucks here. NY LA and others are most likely better off. Remember, I feel this is a loser city with head in the sand. New York Chicago and Los Angeles and Miami too are so so lucky with much more exciting and much more going on. A lot of people I grew up with in Philly are down on this city.

Old 09-13-2011, 05:09 PM

3,264 posts, read 5,651,760 times
Someone should do a documentary on the life of Durf.

Old 09-13-2011, 05:29 PM

61 posts, read 78,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rotodome View Post
Someone should do a documentary on the life of Durf.
Cholo man are you referring to me? You're the real durfus.

Old 09-13-2011, 06:02 PM

3,671 posts, read 5,886,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by South Philly bro View Post
Philly ain't all that. Any major city is better than Philly. Man, our downtown is pathetic for the city of its size and the neighborhoods are in shamble. The economy sucks here. NY LA and others are most likely better off. Remember, I feel this is a loser city with head in the sand. New York Chicago and Los Angeles and Miami too are so so lucky with much more exciting and much more going on. A lot of people I grew up with in Philly are down on this city.
I never been to Philly, would like to go one day though. But I don't think EVERY major city is better and more exciting. You got some cities that people hardly even hear about like Toledo, Bham, Oklahoma City, Albuquerque, Wichita, Lincoln. Phoenix has a terrible downtown for it's size. Even LA's downtown should be better for a city with almost 4 million. Philly clearly has it's problems but hopefully Philly is getting better and not worse.

Old 09-13-2011, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sweetkisses* View Post
Miami is established. What's so unestablished about Miami?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City