Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Miami, New York City, Chicago, Los Angeles, or Philadelphia?
New York City 97 36.33%
Los Angeles 67 25.09%
Chicago 84 31.46%
Miami 55 20.60%
Philadelphia 51 19.10%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 267. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2011, 04:39 PM

61 posts, read 78,500 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyMIA View Post
I dont know about NYC. NYC continues to grow. Miami already is ranked 3rd in skyline in the US. Maybe it will compete with Chicago in 40 years or so. NYC is a bit of a strech. But I do think in the next 10-20 years Miami will see another building boom. The first one is really still going just a much slower pace now. But we have Biscayne one, the 1,000ft tall building will start going up soon around the same time Brickell City Center starts to goes up. Citicenter is going to be great too. Also we have the new Resort which will come downtown. And that will be a huge game changer. Hopefully the county government figures out it needs some good public transportation to make Miami hit the next level. Miami is never going to be NYC but it will continue to grow and compete with all the other cities in this country lik Chicago, DC, Boston, San Fran.

Downtown Biscayne Bay Resort:

Resorts World Miami - YouTube
It will be done much quicker and at the best/largest scale possible if gambling is legalized in Florida/South Florida.
Miami dang you're so lucky! I'm jealous of you! I wish Philly was doing this and become more progressive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2011, 04:40 PM

61 posts, read 78,500 times
I'd trade Philly with LA or Miami. I'm so jealous!

Old 09-18-2011, 08:41 PM

4,836 posts, read 12,007,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by South Philly bro View Post
Miami dang you're so lucky! I'm jealous of you! I wish Philly was doing this and become more progressive.
Well nothing is for sure yet, the company have bought the land for 260 million dollars already though. This is the plan and compared to other plans in Miami that have come and gone this one seems the most realistic since it is all private, land is there etc.. Only problem is allowing gambling. Which hopefully we get pull through the state legislator soon.

I wish Miami had more Ubran neighborhoods like Philly. All the main cities in the US have their positives and negatives.

Old 09-22-2011, 11:50 AM

9,379 posts, read 9,335,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by South Philly bro View Post
I'd trade Philly with LA or Miami. I'm so jealous!
Have you ever been beat up before? I dont think those things your saying on here would fly to well in south philly.

Old 09-23-2011, 07:39 AM

1,335 posts, read 1,662,563 times
You are feeding a troll. A particularly 'tarded troll. The 'tardation is an act but you know what I mean.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpomp View Post
Have you ever been beat up before? I dont think those things your saying on here would fly to well in south philly.

Old 11-18-2011, 12:39 PM

1,092 posts, read 1,504,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by canefandynasty View Post
I am salivating over what Miami can become in the future right now. It has way more potential than people think and I think it will be the ultimate tandem to NYC. NYC-Miami will be like the big 1-2 punch (Wade/James) of the future. Chicago/SF/LA/DC/Philly/Boston will all follow behind as great alternatives.

There is absolutely no city in the U.S. IMO, that is as far away from its potential as Miami. Miami is city that has the athletic tools of a LeBron James, but the tools are being severly underutilized and not used to its best advantage. NYC is like Jordan or a prime Shaq.
lol... Ultimate tandem. I think that'll always belong to NYC and Chicago. It'll be a good while before Miami even thinks about catching up to Chicago let alone NYC.

Old 07-06-2012, 11:08 AM

2,217 posts, read 3,902,630 times
San Francisco and DC should have been added to this Poll. I'm surprised Miami the most hated city on C-D is beating Philadelphia.

Old 07-07-2012, 11:33 AM

451 posts, read 695,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by balmain View Post
hahahahaha.

*ahem*

So we KNOW FOR A FACT THAT:

Princeton is located in the New York metro
Yale is located in the New York metro

If any Philadelphia homers find the above statements false then please come forth.

Dude, shut up. Nobody associates Yale or Princeton with NY.

Old 07-07-2012, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainrock View Post
You would have to be from the Philly/NJ/NYC region to understand.Not even the most ardent NYC resident would try to claim Princeton as part of NYC. Imo the whole Central Jersey area is an independent battle zone with a clear autonomy from both NYC and Philly.

NYC gets the benefits of areas it really has no business being rewarded with. Hunterdon ,Mercer,Warren, even Somerset Counties, the Poconos, Upstate CT. Very wealthy counties that just dont belong in metro NYC.

Bingo.

Yale is a New England school, and seen as such.

Princeton is closer to Philly, and in CNJ. Virtually no association with NYC other than some Federal definition.

Old 07-07-2012, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsupak View Post
Philadelphia is gross and not diverse.
95% of areas there are all white and 5% are all black.
New York is obviously the best because Queens is the most diverse place in the world and it has much more to do than little boring Philadelphia.
Here's my order
1. New York City
2. Los Angeles
3. Miami
4. Chicago
Can't even put on gross horrible Philadelphia

The guy from Queens is talking **** about Philly?

Hahahahahahahaha
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City