Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2012, 04:53 PM

3,892 posts, read 5,513,903 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForYourLungsOnly View Post
The stabbing was not lollapalooza related. Lollapalooza, C3 and the City all work together fantastically to make this destination festival happen every year and for years to come. When the storm hit Saturday, they evacuated approximately 90,000 people from the park in less than an hour and successfully re-admitted them when the storm passed. The city and the promoters of the festival were very pleased how it was all handled. you make yourself look horrible with your incoherent ramblings and pathetic attempts at insult.
Removed unnecessary talk.
#2 of course they had to evacuate the festival
Ever hear of the Indiana State fair Tragedy?
basically that set a code. When severe storms are on their way you need to evacuate the grandstands and be safe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2012, 07:01 AM

4,675 posts, read 7,405,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadrippleguy View Post
basically that set a code. When severe storms are on their way you need to evacuate the grandstands and be safe.
Evacuation in the event of severe storms is just common sense that has existed long before the unfortunate circumstances in Indiana.

Old 08-08-2012, 08:04 AM

11,289 posts, read 26,199,461 times
Quote:
Removed unnecessary talk.
#2 of course they had to evacuate the festival
It didn't set anything - it just pointed out that you need to ACT on the procedures and not just "hope for the best/cross your fingers" because you don't want to disrupt everything.

There have been numerous evacuations of grant park because of strong storms over the years.

Old 08-26-2012, 07:57 PM

218 posts, read 462,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EclecticEars View Post
Chicago's crime rate is the absolute highest among all major world-class cities, even the Brazilian ones but save for maybe Johannesburg.
I know that this is an old post, but this is so DEFINITELY DEFINITELY DEFINITELY not true that it isn't funny. Or maybe, it loops back around to the other extreme and is hilarious all over again.

Chicago has a fraction of the crime of Sao Paolo. Chicago 2012 has a fraction of the crime of Chicago 1986 (even if crime is heavily publicized this year). And Chicago 1986 has a fraction of the crime of Sao Paolo or Rio or Salvador, or even the second tier cities in Brazil (except maybe for the ones in far southern Brazil, which is the safest part of the country).

Old 09-12-2012, 09:18 AM

4,970 posts, read 6,268,503 times
Quote:
oh this festival going on in Chicago is so safe!

Two stabbed during fight near Lollapalooza music festival - Chicago News and Weather | FOX Chicago News

Lollapolooza now has 3 major incidents..........
You do realize there were 3 major incidents, including a shooting and at least 1 stabbing, right outside the Indianapolis Motor Speedway this past May during race weekend, right?

Old 09-12-2012, 01:34 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,371,861 times
On the whole, denizens of Indianapolis are noticeably nicer than Chicago folks, so they have no reason to. I think that, because Chicago is the only big player in the Midwest, it probably tends to look down on nearby second-tier metro areas.

Old 09-12-2012, 02:59 PM

3,678 posts, read 7,216,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ischyros View Post
You do realize there were 3 major incidents, including a shooting and at least 1 stabbing, right outside the Indianapolis Motor Speedway this past May during race weekend, right?
I agree broadripple guy focuses so much on the negatuve facts about a city but then has nothing negative to say about his own city. I also heard they found a dead body in a abandon store in Indy. Chicago has crime like any other major city they do have a little more then average but no way in the world do they have more then sao paul

Old 09-12-2012, 03:01 PM

Chivago doesnt hate Indy threy just dont care about i mean if you live in a city with a metro of 9 million would you be thinking about a city with 2 million. I already know somebody is going to quote me correcting me that Indy isnt 2 million its 2million and 1 person.

Old 09-13-2012, 04:20 PM

3,892 posts, read 5,513,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
On the whole, denizens of Indianapolis are noticeably nicer than Chicago folks, so they have no reason to. I think that, because Chicago is the only big player in the Midwest, it probably tends to look down on nearby second-tier metro areas.
+1
Chicago has this superiority complex where they are the only important people in the midwest.
ah no Chi-Town the midwest can and will survive without you. Chicago is not the midwest.
the midwest has Chicago though.
Actually if the superiority and hostility torwards other cities doesnt end soon Chicago may just get ganged up upon by the rest of the midwest.
That would be interesting though.
Midwest VS chicago. who would win? well considering the rest of the midwest is much more affordable than Chi-Town then my money is safe on the side of the Midwest.

Old 09-13-2012, 04:53 PM

Quote:
+1
Chicago has this superiority complex where they are the only important people in the midwest.
ah no Chi-Town the midwest can and will survive without you. Chicago is not the midwest.
the midwest has Chicago though.
Actually if the superiority and hostility torwards other cities doesnt end soon Chicago may just get ganged up upon by the rest of the midwest.
That would be interesting though.
Midwest VS chicago. who would win? well considering the rest of the midwest is much more affordable than Chi-Town then my money is safe on the side of the Midwest.
Chicago is the most important city in the midwest, second probably Minneapolis, third st. louis/cincy then the rest. Actualy this is a really good idea for a thread. I think i will make one
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City