Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-05-2013, 12:07 PM

8,700 posts, read 14,694,435 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by afonega1 View Post
I was trying to say that in comparison to Atlanta the city of Philly is growing at a slower rate.The difference is wider in Atlanta and its suburbs than Philly and its suburbs.thats what the chart clearly shows.

There are 28 cointies that make up metropolitan Atlanta.Not nine.
The population of Atlanta is 443,775.Talk about blurting out things.
Atlanta (city) QuickFacts from the US Census Bureau

Its a fact that no matter how you TRY to spin it,the city of Atlanta IS growing faster.Every publication out there states it as such.I guess the article I provided are lies?

Charlotte is bigger than Atlanta so whats your excuse for it to have similar growth?Not to mention other cities on the list.Stop making excuses.
This response is all over the place. I'm done responding to you.

1. You're now changing your argument. You said Philadelphia is growing slower than its suburbs when it's not. You said Atlanta was growing faster than its suburbs when it's not.

2. I never said there was only 9 counties in the Atlanta Metro, I clearly listed all of them. I said there are 9 suburban counties in Metro Atlanta growing faster than the city of Atlanta. In the Philly metro there are only 2 counties growing faster than the city.

3. Atlanta is growing faster than Philly in a percentage growth because Atlanta has a smaller city population than Philadelphia. As far as numerical growth, they are gaining nearly the exact same amount of resident yearly.

Again... I'm done. You're clearly not educated enough to comprehend this. Must be that Georgia public school system doing wonder for you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2013, 12:14 PM

9,067 posts, read 15,794,327 times
Gentrification is playing a huge role in how the city of Atlanta is growing.I have several properties in a transitional neighborhood in Atlanta and I can tell you first hand that the hood is changing and growing as well in the 8 years I have lived in my current house.

Old 12-05-2013, 12:16 PM

9,067 posts, read 15,794,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summersm343 View Post
This response is all over the place. I'm done responding to you.

1. You're now changing your argument. You said Philadelphia is growing slower than its suburbs when it's not. You said Atlanta was growing faster than its suburbs when it's not.

2. I never said there was only 9 counties in the Atlanta Metro, I clearly listed all of them. I said there are 9 suburban counties in Metro Atlanta growing faster than the city of Atlanta. In the Philly metro there are only 2 counties growing faster than the city.

3. Atlanta is growing faster than Philly in a percentage growth because Atlanta has a smaller city population than Philadelphia. As far as numerical growth, they are gaining nearly the exact same amount of resident yearly.

Again... I'm done. You're clearly not educated enough to comprehend this. Must be that Georgia public school system doing wonder for you.
Im not educated enough?Look who's talking.Can't get your way so you start name calling.Dude get over yourself.you cant dispute the info so you start whining.Whatever.Crybabies.

Old 12-05-2013, 12:18 PM

8,700 posts, read 14,694,435 times
Quote:
All that and it pails in comparison to the growth in Atlanta.

According to Emporis there are 38 buildings planned in Atlanta and 12 planned in Philly.
It does not differentiate what type of construction but most of it is residential as both cities are experiencing a renaissance.
Haha... no it doesn't. There is more highrise construction going on in Philly currently. As far as I know there are only two skyscrapers under construction in Atlanta and then there are a few proposals. The rest are infill, midrises or lowrises. Emporis is not a good source for highrise construction. It is not updated consistently.

I'll learn to take what you say with a grain of salt.

Old 12-05-2013, 12:45 PM

35 posts, read 37,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meep View Post
This thread is annoying. Metro Atlanta growth is essentially city limit growth. It doesn't always matter that ppl lay their heads within the city limits (an addition to be counted in the city limits; it just doesn't add residential development, but it does increase infill), ppl still move to the metro to work and play in Atlanta. Stop making this horrible point. Thanks.
My point is not horrible, its a fact. 1 million people roughly moved to metro Atlanta from 2000-2010. Roughly 996,000 moved to the suburbs and only 4,000 into the city limits. Many people enjoy urban living and this proves Atlanta is a suburban minded city.

Last edited by Pbx83; 12-05-2013 at 12:56 PM..

Old 12-05-2013, 12:46 PM

Quote:
How convenient to be able to pick and choose what you are willing to believe when the facts speak against what you have to say.

They are not facts until its official in 2020. You are posting ESTIMATES!

Old 12-05-2013, 12:49 PM

Quote:
All that and it pails in comparison to the growth in Atlanta.

According to Emporis there are 38 buildings planned in Atlanta and 12 planned in Philly.
It does not differentiate what type of construction but most of it is residential as both cities are experiencing a renaissance.
Atlanta is a 6.5 million metro area without an efficient/exciting/dense downtown. Atlanta should stop growing and allow their infrastructure to catch up instead of constantly building suburban housing where everything is dominated by interstates and chains.

Last edited by Pbx83; 12-05-2013 at 12:58 PM..

Old 12-05-2013, 01:43 PM

23,464 posts, read 44,074,708 times
This thread is a complete embarrassment for Philadelphians. Good thing I know some decent ones personally; based on this, I would shun the place completely.

Old 12-05-2013, 01:57 PM

11,998 posts, read 12,931,071 times
In before the thread closes lol.

Old 12-05-2013, 02:06 PM

7,270 posts, read 10,593,477 times
I think this threat has been hashed out long enough. Because these two cities are pretty different, I think we're seeing some pretty strong opinions, and that's okay -- but it's possible to do it more civilly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City