Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2013, 08:37 PM

1,704 posts, read 3,452,078 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mezter View Post
You could be right. None are really that racially intergrated though.
Compared to most cities in the US, these three actually are pretty good. They're not that diverse (at least not based on skin color alone), but what they have is pretty well integrated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2013, 10:03 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,135,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaboyd1 View Post
Race and ethnicity 2010: Minneapolis by Eric Fischer, on Flickr

Race and ethnicity 2010: Denver by Eric Fischer, on Flickr

Race and ethnicity 2010: Seattle by Eric Fischer, on Flickr

Red = White
Blue = Black
Green = Asian
Orange = Hispanic
Yellow = Other
Hey! I can see my house!

Old 05-31-2013, 02:44 PM

39 posts, read 261,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by f1000 View Post
Seattle is more expensive but has cooler summer days.

Seattle also then checks the boxes for the other points above. It's the most interesting, cosmopolitan of the 3.

You mentioned interracial dating- integration...what race are you?
I'm Black and Choctaw (Native American). My child will be Black, Choctaw, and Caucasian.

Old 05-31-2013, 02:46 PM

39 posts, read 261,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevanXL View Post
All cities are great but based on this criteria, I would say Seattle is the best overall
Which one has less of a mosquito problem? lol

I've visited Seattle for a whole summer and was put off by the sheer amount of mosquitoes on the U-Dub campus...never visited Denver during the summer, and I've never been to Minneapolis, so I'm not sure about those two. Hmm...

Old 05-31-2013, 05:06 PM

7,743 posts, read 15,896,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luctoretemergo View Post

I've visited Seattle for a whole summer and was put off by the sheer amount of mosquitoes on the U-Dub campus...never visited Denver during the summer, and I've never been to Minneapolis, so I'm not sure about those two. Hmm...
That's actually odd. For mosquitos to be around, there needs to be a still water environment, which isn't exactly plentiful in that area. Seattle actually doesn't have that much of a mosquito problem, I can go for years without a bite.

Out of all 3, Denver would have the least amount of mosquitoes around.

Old 05-31-2013, 07:39 PM

6,083 posts, read 10,728,086 times
Quote:

Denver might have the least Mosquitos out of the 3. I mean, Seattle's next to water and Minneapolis is pretty humid. Both attract those type of bugs.

Old 06-01-2013, 09:33 AM

1,581 posts, read 2,831,131 times
Quote:

Lol Ive lived in Seattle all my life and never seen mosquitoes except in the wooded parks and rarely. The thing is mosquitoe season is durring the summer and those are the driest months of the year for seattle last year we had we had 88 days of no rain and sunshine in july august and sept. And water does not attract mosquitoes its standing water. Theres no mosquitoes coming out of the pugetsound it actualy prevents them because they dont live in salt water or waves.

Old 06-01-2013, 10:04 AM

1,581 posts, read 2,831,131 times
Seattle is closest to salt water beaches there in city , And Seattle is closest to mountain recreation Seattle is only 30 miles from the Summit At Snoqualmie ski resort. And Denver is 67 miles from Winter Park. Seattles Downtown really shines as being urban and a shopping destination with multiple department stores and many flagship stores. While Minneapolis and Denver try to find there groove Seattle Blossoms with billions of dollars in construction downtown. New Anchor stores currently under construction downtown are Zara second largest flagship in USA after NY, Three story TJ Max, H MART are being added to the area of the recently opened City Target. As interracial dating goes its very common in Seattle . Its a city of many colors but people tend to be color blind . When I was married I was married to an Amercian Indian, More recently Ive been in relationships with a Korean Girl, And an African American Girl both a couple of years but realy i dont look at race andIve never felt any vibe in Seattle Metro where interacial dating insn't the norm. Ive never in my life have dated a white person and im white.

Old 06-01-2013, 11:35 AM

1,704 posts, read 3,452,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironcouger View Post
While Minneapolis and Denver try to find there groove Seattle Blossoms with billions of dollars in construction downtown. New Anchor stores currently under construction downtown are Zara second largest flagship in USA after NY, Three story TJ Max, H MART are being added to the area of the recently opened City Target.
You know that Target is headquartered in Minneapolis and they've had a location on Nicollet Mall in downtown Minneapolis for years? Mpls and Denver have similar amenities on Nicollet and 16th St, respectively. Seattle might have a small edge, but the others are doing just fine, not "trying to find their groove."

Old 06-01-2013, 11:38 AM

274 posts, read 707,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steel03 View Post
You know that Target is headquartered in Minneapolis and they've had a location on Nicollet Mall in downtown Minneapolis for years? Mpls and Denver have similar amenities on Nicollet and 16th St, respectively. Seattle might have a small edge, but the others are doing just fine, not "trying to find their groove."
Seattle has a clear edge in downtown retail. And Nicollet mall has a clear edge over the 16th st mall, at least in terms of retail. Not to mention the fact that downtown Minneapolis is struggling to retain stores and Denver doesn't really have much of anything downtown, being concentrated in cherry creek.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City