Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: More economically relevant state in the future
California 195 56.85%
Texas 148 43.15%
Voters: 343. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2013, 02:17 PM

2,985 posts, read 4,883,900 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
Another cheap shot at Houston & Dallas which has no truth behind it what so ever.

How about something a little more recent than 3 years ago?

Neither one of those Texas cities are "3rd World" as you put it. Hell neither one of them even comes close to crime infested dumps like Oakland, Detroit, New Orleans, & Philly.

All of Texas' street gangs originated in California...LA to be exact. You're bragging over something you created. How ironic is that?
So you're saying that Texas is a magnet for gang members? What a brilliant defense you pose. Texas appreciates your brilliance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2013, 02:26 PM

10,078 posts, read 15,851,756 times
Quote:
Another cheap shot at Houston & Dallas which has no truth behind it what so ever.

How about something a little more recent than 3 years ago?

Neither one of those Texas cities are "3rd World" as you put it. Hell neither one of them even comes close to crime infested dumps like Oakland, Detroit, New Orleans, & Philly.

All of Texas' street gangs originated in California...LA to be exact. You're bragging over something you created. How ironic is that?
I think more recent data is going to be even more on LA's side.

Old 11-13-2013, 02:53 PM

36,655 posts, read 67,506,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmsTown View Post
I just pulled up google maps for Highland Park Village in Dallas. It looks like a strip center. Older, but still a strip center. Westwood Village in LA looks like a more interesting "village".

But Highland Park Village was compared to Beverly Hills? Really? Ok. Wow. Some people are really delusional I guess.

Checked Rice Village in Houston. Not what I was expecting...

Do people really think these places compare to the Golden Triangle or even South Beverly Drive? Have these Texas people been to LA? They're nothing alike. AT ALL. And LA's high rent commercial districts go beyond Beverly Hills. West Melrose, Sunset Plaza. West 3rd street etc. West Beverly Blvd. Montana Ave. Abbot Kinney. Some one knocked them cause they look the same? Ok...well, who cares. Houston and Dallas would love to have any of them.

All of these areas are more walkable and interesting. Sorry, but I'm tired of people just making stuff up about LA. I've had enough of it.
Pretty much. Dallas and Houston both have extremely wealthy and opulent areas, but nothing on the level of the Westside of Los Angeles which is a magnet for celebrities and corporate tycoons, aristocrats and socialites, etc from around the world. Only Manhattan in the whole of America compares.

Old 11-13-2013, 03:57 PM

572 posts, read 708,656 times
Lol. Those stats aren't truth? They look like facts to me. LA's murder rate has dropped another 20% from 2011 for this year. Whoops.

You're more likely to be a victim of a crime in Houston or Dallas than LA. I'm sorry to disappoint you LA isn't the violent place you want it to be.

But keep coming with the lies.

Old 11-13-2013, 04:55 PM

12,498 posts, read 26,987,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmsTown View Post
Lol. Those stats aren't truth? They look like facts to me. LA's murder rate has dropped another 20% from 2011 for this year. Whoops.

You're more likely to be a victim of a crime in Houston or Dallas than LA. I'm sorry to disappoint you LA isn't the violent place you want it to be.

But keep coming with the lies.
If you can't handle Houston or Dallas then you flat out don't need to be living in ANY big city...stick to the burbs or the family farm.

I've been to some hoods in Houston that would eat you up & spit you out. Was I scared? Not really.

Grow some.

Last edited by Metro Matt; 11-13-2013 at 05:06 PM..

Old 11-13-2013, 05:08 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,492,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatsbyGatz View Post
The data doesn't lie. Houston and Dallas are crime-infested ghettos compared to LA. I surely wouldn't call either Houston or Dallas ideal cities to emulate, given the horrendous crime problem. The "good" conditions of the job market in Houston and Dallas are irrelevant; they are cheap cities where it's cheap to do business in. That's it. They are not glamorous or desirable, these crime-filled pits. They are more similar to 3rd world country cities than world class cities.
We have a very well traveled posters right here ^

..... lmfao

Old 11-13-2013, 05:17 PM

Quote:
If you can't handle Houston or Dallas then you flat out don't need to be living in ANY big city...stick to the burbs or the family farm.

I've been to some hoods in Houston that would eat you up & spit you out. Was I scared? Not really.

Grow some.
I live in la. I lived in Chicago. Houston and Dallas are farms in comparison

Old 11-13-2013, 05:24 PM

You have to go far from la to see the normal density of Dallas and Houston city limits haha. Some of that stuff looks rural as hell. La people would think it's country

Old 11-13-2013, 05:50 PM

2,985 posts, read 4,883,900 times
Quote:

Grow some.
Houston and Dallas aren't crime ridden because they're urban and are "real cities." Both cities are very suburban (LA makes most of Houston look like a farm in comparison.) NYC is a real city, yet Manhattan is incredibly safe.

They're crime ridden because they're ghetto and have a high ratio of criminals-to-population.

Old 11-13-2013, 05:53 PM

4,156 posts, read 5,560,832 times
Quote:

Grow some.
In the space of one page you transitioned from disputing current crimes statistics portraying Houston in a relatively unflattering light to using those same rates to come across as some Houston hard-***, via Tyler, Texas.

This place is awesome.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City