Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2017, 10:38 PM

5,003 posts, read 5,983,013 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallaz View Post
Most of the construction is on the exterior, to make the campus more perdestrian friendly. AT&T has upgraded the interior of its campus well before this announcement.
Closing streets to traffic to make it more insulated like a suburban office park.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2017, 12:19 PM

36,659 posts, read 67,526,972 times
SFs skyline has already changed so much from just 5 years ago...

From my flickr acct.

Old 04-17-2017, 02:33 PM

5,464 posts, read 5,709,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
This is great. Every time I visit SF it strikes me as odd how old and aged SF looks, despite the fact that it is home to Silicon Valley, a lot of the city infrastructure/buildings feels like the 90s. SF looks 'older' than even cities on the East coast to me. No doubt due to nimbys blocking any kind of development. These new developments, especially Salesforce tower, help in restoring some modern look to SF.

Old 04-17-2017, 03:05 PM

1,851 posts, read 2,170,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PerseusVeil View Post
Chicago currently has 52 highrises under construction, including the supertall Wanda Vista tower. It's amazing seeing this level of construction in Chicago's central core in comparison to what's going on elsewhere in the city and the metro area.
There are quite a few tear downs going on in the suburbs and outside of the central part of the city. We're not really pushing the urban boundary west/north with sprawling new subdivisions though. That's a good thing IMO.

Old 04-17-2017, 07:20 PM

226 posts, read 280,691 times
Construction to start on $450M arena with ties to Fort Worth billionaire Ed Bass

Old 04-18-2017, 05:38 PM

226 posts, read 280,691 times
Developer Craig Hall to start $250M condo, hotel project in Dallas Arts District

Old 04-18-2017, 06:21 PM

2,029 posts, read 2,361,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gantz View Post
This is great. Every time I visit SF it strikes me as odd how old and aged SF looks, despite the fact that it is home to Silicon Valley, a lot of the city infrastructure/buildings feels like the 90s. SF looks 'older' than even cities on the East coast to me. No doubt due to nimbys blocking any kind of development. These new developments, especially Salesforce tower, help in restoring some modern look to SF.
I agree about SF looking old and worn. I think the problem is the cost of real estate is so prohibitive in SF that it is too expensive to purchase and replace existing buildings, so it will just be an expensive place with alot of old valuable mediocre buildings. A beautiful setting, just not a beautiful architectural modern city.

Old 04-18-2017, 11:51 PM

615 posts, read 600,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post

From my flickr acct.
lol

Old 04-19-2017, 06:31 AM

1,122 posts, read 925,470 times
24 ways too pi_s off ea San Franciscan.....
https://www.timeout.com/san-francisc...san-franciscan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gantz View Post
letSFrise.com/letSanFranciscorise website will be up soon. The effort will be to concentrate community support for development under one roof – to suppliment developers' PR campaigns. Thousands of San Franciscans will be able to join the coalition and contribute their support for the most controversial projects currently under review. The goal is to reduce the time for projects to gain permitting by many months (or in some cases, years). Developers will also be able to mine the list to keep enthusiasts informed, conduct petition drives (via rsvp or electronic outreach), encourage supporters to attend community impact meetings in an effort to diffuse contentious, nimby behavior, and greatly improve the optics concerning SF's most-embattled highrise and skyscraper proposals.

ideas/comments, developer inquiries please email me at odurandina@gmail.com

Old 04-19-2017, 07:30 AM

36,659 posts, read 67,526,972 times
Oceanwide Center-a 2 two tower project, currently under construction about a block from Salesforce Tower, will be 910' and 636'...SFs new 2nd tallest!

https://c2.staticflickr.com/4/3935/3...89303398_c.jpg
https://c2.staticflickr.com/3/2847/3...d19e5b56_c.jpg

Last edited by JMT; 04-19-2017 at 09:47 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City