Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-24-2014, 02:10 PM

13,727 posts, read 15,741,344 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lunatic & A Therapist View Post
Dude are you serious right now? New York has 6 1,000 footers UC now or prepped to break ground in 2014. And this is not counting 1WTC and one 57. This doesn't take into account smaller building below 1000 feet, all of the transit updates or all of the other updates.

Anyone comparing DC to NY in terms of urban expansion right now should change usernames with me because they are the lunatic!
Why are you naming office and transit construction? Also, FYI, Houston has WAY more going on than anybody so slow your roll. I'm only talking about residential construction. If you have all the residential projects south of Central Park, it would be interesting to compare. Could you post them since there are so many like I did for DC?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2014, 02:51 PM

215 posts, read 378,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDAllstar View Post
Why are you naming office and transit construction? Also, FYI, Houston has WAY more going on than anybody so slow your roll. I'm only talking about residential construction. If you have all the residential projects south of Central Park, it would be interesting to compare. Could you post them since there are so many like I did for DC?
Why wouldn't I name office and transit construction? And no Houston does not have more construction than NY, only a fool would think so. And you slow your roll. I don't know who you are speaking to kid but I won't argue with you like a schoolgirl like kidphilly. I'll put your ghettoesque sounding/DC boosting, small town attitude in check real quick. If you want the numbers go look them up yourself. You have rode DC so hard on this site, they have finished, you can hop off. Go measure how far a house is from a curb.

Old 02-24-2014, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Why wouldn't I name office and transit construction? And no Houston does not have more construction than NY, only a fool would think so. And you slow your roll. I don't know who you are speaking to kid but I won't argue with you like a schoolgirl like kidphilly. I'll put your ghettoesque aye sounding/DC boosting small town attitude in check real quick. If you want the numbers go look them up yourself. You have rode Dzf hard in this site for awhile now, they have finished, you can hop off. Go measure how far a house is from a curb.
Lol....why don't you go check the census building permits for metro areas to see Houston and NYC. Houston has the most housing units under construction in the nation. Unlike you, I actually work in this industry.

I asked you why you mentioned office and transit because I never mentioned it and you were responding to me Sherlock. Lol....really?

Old 02-24-2014, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Lol....why don't you go check the census building permits for metro area to see Houston and NYC. Houston has the most housing units under construction in the nation. Unlike you, I actually work in this industry.
You have no clue what you are talking about kid, no clue.

Old 02-24-2014, 03:00 PM

Maybe with all of this DC boosting of construction they can climb out of being placed 6th in this country for urbanity. Maybe they can officially hold off LA and Seattle or possibly pass SF, Boston or Philly. They will have to settle for third most urban - NY Is the king and DC has no chance in hell of being more urban than Chicago, EVER

Old 02-24-2014, 03:02 PM

Quote:
2013 Houston Metro Area Building Permits: 51,422

2013 New York Metro Area Building permits: 40,148

http://www.census.gov/construction/b...t3yu201312.txt

Lol....really?

Old 02-24-2014, 03:06 PM

Quote:
2013 Houston Metro Area Building Permits: 51,422

2013 New York Metro Area Building permits: 40,148

http://www.census.gov/construction/b...t3yu201312.txt

Lol....really?
I stated "New York has more projects UC And proposed than Houston".

You are the only one limiting this to housing.

Understand?

Old 02-24-2014, 03:06 PM

Quote:
How could we pass a city that is more than four times the size in urbanity? I'm just going to stop talking to novice, untrained, spectators of the industry that think their opinion is what defines urban rather than the industry and market. Lol.....it's amusing which is why I pass the day away on here occasionally until I meet posters like you that really think their opinion matters even though they have no place currently in the urban planning, urban design, or urban development world.

Old 02-24-2014, 03:07 PM

15,323 posts, read 23,909,459 times
^ Those are number of structures, BTW. So a 50 story building with 500 units only has 1 building permit. Not saying it's bad data at ALL, but it doesn't give the absolute best picture of what's going on out there.

Old 02-24-2014, 03:08 PM

Quote:
I stated "New York has more projects UC And proposed than Houston".

You are the only one limiting this to housing.

Understand?
I didn't respond to you, you responded to me. Maybe you should have read the post you were responding too. Also, maybe you should have looked at what I was responding too which asked about Housing Units Only!! . Reading comprehension is your friend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City