Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-14-2014, 10:50 PM

13,727 posts, read 15,751,203 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summersm343 View Post
The PATCO line which runs through Center City and into New Jersey already runs 24 hours. With the BSL and MFL running 24 hours all three of Philly's subway lines will run nonstop!

I just wish we could expand the subway system and regional rail systems! SEPTA's system has so much potential. With the correct amount of funding SEPTA could be really great.

I hope this all night service turns out to be a huge success and they continue it year round.

Yeah, I knew about Patco already. I was talking about the whole system doing it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2014, 08:09 AM

36,655 posts, read 67,506,468 times
Dunno if anyone posted this here yet, but Transbay Tower has gotten the green light after Salesforce.com agreed to lease 714,000 sq ft.

Quote:
Boston Properties, Inc. real estate investment trust, together with its
co-development partner Hines, announced
today that it has signed a lease with
salesforce.com for 714,000 square feet on
floors 1, 3-30 & 61 at the new Salesforce Tower,
the 1,400,000 square foot 61-story, LEED
Platinum pre-certified office building currently
under construction in San Francisco, CA. With
the execution of the lease, Boston Properties
and salesforce.com have agreed to rename the
building Salesforce Tower. In conjunction with
signing what is the largest office lease in San
Francisco’s history, Boston Properties has
committed to construct the building and
expects to complete the building in early 2017
for a projected total cost of approximately $1.1
billion...
Boston Properties Signs a 714,000 Square Foot Lease with Salesforce.com at Salesforce Tower (Formerly Transbay Tower) - MarketWatch

Old 04-15-2014, 08:19 AM

36,655 posts, read 67,506,468 times
Interesting. Microsoft is leasing 50,000 sq ft at the Bank of America bldg at 555 California. This brings their total occupied space in DT SF to approx. 120,000 sq ft.

Microsoft Moving San Francisco Offices to Largest Tower - Bloomberg

Old 04-15-2014, 11:34 AM

1,445 posts, read 2,321,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red John View Post
Official projects that have actual legs in getting built (so no pipedreams, fantasies, or concepts).

Here, view these two cities as an example. Houston and Atlanta.

Every Houston project is on there more or less (thanks to Urbanizzer); from parks, to cultural institutions, to midrises (well more than half at least), to highrises, to even the spaceport. Everything except townhomes. Shortly the two international airports, West Point, Research Forest, Saint Honroe, Earth Quest, and a few Galveston projects will be added. Every Atlanta project is on there.

Someone else started on Miami but I've been slowly adding on to it.

I'm having a hard time with Washington, I'd like to make a map for it also but the problem is that because it's harder to get development addresses (when not a highrise), it's hard to put them on the map.
How do you add a city to the map?

Old 04-15-2014, 12:31 PM

20,515 posts, read 33,531,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red John View Post
Official projects that have actual legs in getting built (so no pipedreams, fantasies, or concepts).

Here, view these two cities as an example. Houston and Atlanta.

Every Houston project is on there more or less (thanks to Urbanizzer); from parks, to cultural institutions, to midrises (well more than half at least), to highrises, to even the spaceport. Everything except townhomes. Shortly the two international airports, West Point, Research Forest, Saint Honroe, Earth Quest, and a few Galveston projects will be added. Every Atlanta project is on there.

Someone else started on Miami but I've been slowly adding on to it.

I'm having a hard time with Washington, I'd like to make a map for it also but the problem is that because it's harder to get development addresses (when not a highrise), it's hard to put them on the map.
Love how I am seeing that a great many if not most of the development is in Downtown Houston. Definitely the hottest market of the city right now.

Old 04-15-2014, 12:58 PM

8,700 posts, read 14,694,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Dunno if anyone posted this here yet, but Transbay Tower has gotten the green light after Salesforce.com agreed to lease 714,000 sq ft.

Boston Properties Signs a 714,000 Square Foot Lease with Salesforce.com at Salesforce Tower (Formerly Transbay Tower) - MarketWatch
Yep. We saw. Believe Jsimms posted it a few pages back. Also saw this info on SSP

Old 04-16-2014, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Illusive Man View Post
Very true. I feel bad for DC. We'll see how this plays out.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/washingtons-population-growth-slows/2014/04/11/796d6fce-c1a7-11e3-b195-dd0c1174052c_story.html

"Six jurisdictions, including the region’s biggest counties of Montgomery, Fairfax and Prince George’s, showed net declines in what demographers call domestic migration, or the influx of residents from elsewhere within the country. The six jurisdictions all registered population increases, but the gains were driven almost entirely by births instead of new residents moving in.

The District, however, stood out among its neighbors. It gained 13,000 residents over the year, driving the population to over 646,000, according to the census figures. That was more new residents than any other jurisdiction in the region. Loudoun County also gained population, almost as much as the District.

More significantly, births were not the only reason the District had population gains. Last year, as in each of the previous three years, the city got more than 6,000 newcomers from outside the District, and almost 3,000 from other countries.

Frey called the District the region’s demographic bright spot.

“While the region as a whole is attracting fewer migrants from the rest of the country and is reliant largely on immigration and fertility for growth,” he said, “the primary source of growth in the District is migration from the suburbs and beyond. D.C. continues to remain demographically healthy despite ups and downs in the rest of the region.”

Old 04-16-2014, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsimms3 View Post
Demand for DC's rentals is very very strong.
No Sign of Stopping? | OPinions

"During the first quarter of this year 129 permits were issued in DC totaling an astounding 1,285 units of new housing construction. About 115 of these units (9 percent) were single-family. Annualized, it could mean DC might start construction on 5,140 units of housing in 2014!"

Old 04-16-2014, 12:22 PM

456 posts, read 774,428 times
For anyone who like me is more interested in pictures of what's currently being built. Check out: Seattle Aerial Photography. This has some aerial pictures from a few a days ago. About half way through the sequence you can see around South Lake Union where the constructions projects are most dense and there can be 10 cranes in a frame.

Old 04-16-2014, 12:35 PM

2,079 posts, read 6,114,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by benleis View Post
For anyone who like me is more interested in pictures of what's currently being built. Check out: Seattle Aerial Photography. This has some aerial pictures from a few a days ago. About half way through the sequence you can see around South Lake Union where the constructions projects are most dense and there can be 10 cranes in a frame.
I quoted you in the Alt v Denver v Seattle thread. Amazing photos, I need to get back to see the progress!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City