Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-29-2015, 10:22 AM

1,423 posts, read 1,626,103 times

Advertisements

Milwaukee, WI.

Streetcar Project
Northwestern Mutual HQ
Johnson Controls HQ
New Downtown Arena
Interstate Reconfiguration

Just to name a few...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2015, 01:53 PM

13,727 posts, read 15,751,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdivola View Post
The Capitol Riverfront area is really doing well.

What are the 12 under construction?
1) Park Chelsea
2) Whole Foods next to Park Chelsea
3) Hampton Suites
4) The Riverfront
5) Galley at Capitol Riverfront
6) Loft at Capital Quarter
7) Yards (Parcel N)
8) Park Riverside (just delivered)
Near Southeast DC's Completed, Proposed and Active Developments - JDLand.com

I need to check out that area, haven't been down that way since baseball season.

DC also has a lot under construction recently in NoMa. Although, I think that area may currently be quiet.
Has the Forest City Yards building delivered yet? I didn't know if people were moving in yet. I counted that one and the 82 I building has a permit out now. I don't know if ground is moving yet though. Also, I think the other hotel has a permit too. I will have to dig to see what is going on in the neighborhood, I haven't looked at that neighborhood in a while.

Old 01-30-2015, 11:52 PM

5,993 posts, read 10,187,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDAllstar View Post
Has the Forest City Yards building delivered yet? I didn't know if people were moving in yet. I counted that one and the 82 I building has a permit out now. I don't know if ground is moving yet though. Also, I think the other hotel has a permit too. I will have to dig to see what is going on in the neighborhood, I haven't looked at that neighborhood in a while.
I work there so I can possibly cue you in on any development details related to FCE......possibly.

Old 01-31-2015, 06:08 PM

22 posts, read 18,908 times
Houston has quite a bit of construction that going on...

Houston Skyscraper Map - SkyscraperPage.com

1. Azalea Court Tower (seems fancy and almost completed as of now) and quite a bit in Near Town/ River Oaks. Galleria area.
2. 7-8 skyscrapers in Downtown
3. Quite a few high cranes that I can be able to see in West Houston energy area and neighborhoods

I know these aren't all >100 meter buildings, but construction is rampant I think here.
Don't know about other cities.

Old 01-31-2015, 10:23 PM

313 posts, read 336,836 times
I think their will be 3 emerging cities in the east that investers will be looking at in 2015 . The new triangle , Philadelphia , Baltimoe and Pittsburgh . All three have not been in the rapid growth pattern like D.C. , N.Y. , Houston , Dallas and some others . All three have very well established universities of sciences . Phiadelphia alone has 7 medical schools .
Their is so much room for growth in these cities and its at bargain prices . All three sitting in the middle 50 million people .

Old 02-03-2015, 11:20 AM

Quote:

1) Park Chelsea
3) Hampton Suites
4) The Riverfront
7) Yards (Parcel N)

I need to check out that area, haven't been down that way since baseball season.

DC also has a lot under construction recently in NoMa. Although, I think that area may currently be quiet.

Another 400 unit building in the neighborhood just got permits. It's just unbeilievable what is going on down there.

Leading permits: Big addition to Capitol Riverfront, The Royal tavern to LeDroit Park - Washington Business Journal

Old 02-03-2015, 11:50 AM

Quote:

1) Park Chelsea
3) Hampton Suites
4) The Riverfront
7) Yards (Parcel N)

So, this has sparked my interest so I have been researching development in this neighborhood a little bit. Here is what I have found out:

Under Construction

The Riverfront = 300 units
Galley at Capitol Riverfront = 324 Units
800 New Jersey = 335 Units
Lofts at Capitol Quarters = 195 Units
Arris = 327 Units
Parc Riverside = 277 Units
Park Chelsea = 430 Units

Permits Issued

82 I Street = 234 Units
Ballpark Square = 292 Units
909 Half Street = 400 Units

Total Units Under Construction/Permits Issued for Capital Riverfront

3,114 Units

***There are two more buildings that are expected to be added to this list too so this number will probably rise again. Just crazy!***

Hotels Under Construction

Hampton Suites = 168 rooms

Expected to start in 2015

Homewood Suites = 195 rooms
BallPark Square Hotel = 180 rooms

Old 02-03-2015, 01:06 PM

The RFP for the largest development project in all of D.C. will be issued this month.

Mega AFRH Development = 4.3 Million Sq. Feet of Development

Eighty-acre development plotted for Armed Forces Retirement Home - The Washington Post

Old 02-03-2015, 06:21 PM

1,507 posts, read 3,411,423 times
Default Houston, New York (of course) and Washington D.C.

there you have it. With Dallas, Atlanta,Chicago, Seattle, LA, San Francisco and Miami also in the mix. None of these compare to the fastest growing Asian cities.

Old 02-03-2015, 11:39 PM

5,864 posts, read 15,240,802 times
I'm sorry but I think it's outstanding. I don't see anything gimmicky or cartoony about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City